Other Facial Moisturizers:
Jergens
Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream

Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream

• Ease of Application:

I have been using this for years and it is the best

I have been using Jergens for years. It is the best I have ever used. I am 48 years old and I have no wrinkles. It is great for removing eye make up as well. My daughter uses this as well. Its a great product.

In expensive all purpose make up remover, cream and wash

This is a difficult review to write ... I really want to give **Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream **four stars and maybe it is deserving of them. I'll let you be the...Read complete review

This is a difficult review to write ... I really want to give **Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream **four stars and maybe it is deserving of them. I'll let you be the final judge!

What I like about **Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream: **

- inexpensive

- easy to find

- lasts a long time

- not an unpleasant scent

What I don't like about **Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream: **

- the jar: ok maybe this sounds shallow but looking at it I feel like a kid sneaking into my grandmother's cream the picture just really needs to be updated

- the jar:  It is a great big round bowl type jar. I usually end up "scooping" too much out and then really who wants to put it back and half the time I already have wet hands and have to take the lid off too making a mess around the jar.

- the jar: here I am washing my face - often in the shower because I don't have much time for my beauty treatments and I can't keep the jar in the shower. I have to glop it on my face then get in the shower and then wash it off or keep a wash cloth at the sink too.

Sure, it's effective, soft and creamy. **Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream **leaves my face clean and soft, it rinses off well - but only if I use a cloth.  Try just rinsing and you will never get it off.

It's inexpensive. I will use the whole jar. But it's just not convenient.  I need at the very least an easy to use dispenser for the shower, bath or sink.  I know that the wipes aren't eco-friendly but I just really don't have much time in the morning or at night and I need things to be easy and convenient.

Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream removes make up (and marker and tattoos on kids) easily. Even ink has been removed from skin using this cream! d

Ease of Application
I wish it was a pump instead of a jar. That would be much easier and a lot less messy.

The scent is light, but it does sort of remind me of my mother and grandmother's skin.

Great for skin

from Sacramento, CA

Pros

• Softens Skin

• Bedtime
    • Dry/Chapped Skin
    • use after washing face in AM

Comments about Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream:

My dad used this cream since he was very young. He used it until he died at age 84 and he had great skin! He didn't have wrinkles on his forehead, cheeks, or jowel. he had some wrinkles around eyes but nothing major. I use it too and I get a lot of compliments RE; my beautiful skin.

This is something my family has been using forever!

from Tucson, AZ

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
    • Goes On Smoothly
    • Removes Makeup Easily
    • Softens Skin

Cons

• Bad Smell

• After Shower/Bath
    • Bedtime
    • Deep Moisturization
    • Dry/Chapped Skin
    • Winter Dryness

Comments about Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream:

My family has been using this for ages! Even the manly-men use it to moisturize. It also helps heal/soothe minor cuts and things of that nature, which is what most of my family uses it for. I'm pretty sure thats because of the beeswax in it...(SAVE THE BEES!! THEY MAKE MY SKIN SOFT!) It's best at moisturizing and removing my makeup, though. Just a dab of this rubbed into the skin can help moisturize my skin, which is S U P E R dry, seriously, my skin feels like a crocodile (or how I imagine a crocodile's skin feeling like)! The smell is pretty bad, but after awhile of using it you kind of just get used to it. I enjoy it a lot. 5 stars. :*

I uses Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream.

from Muskegon, MI

Comments about Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream:

I purchased this product because of the oily texture that it has. It helps to eliminate any dryness to not only my face, but other parts of my body like my elbows. I live in the cold climate and this is a wonderful product to have to prevent dryness. It is inexpensive and I love the smell of Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream. Just a small amount applied to my face helps to keep my face moisturized all day during the cold winter months. Some people may consider it to be greasy, but this helps to prevent chaffing. I sometimes applies it to my feet to keep them from being rough and ashy. This is one of the oldest products that has been on the market as a moisturizer, and I think that is still one of the best. Jergens is really a good product for ingredients and the fragrance. I would recommend this product to anyone in the market for an inexpensive moisturizer with a great smell.

Leaves your skin moisturized.

Just rub on.

I love the smell of Jergens.

• Ease of Application:

A good classic face cream

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream:

Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream was the very first facial lotion I ever bought. I loved the way it made my skin feel. My face was so smooth and soft after applying this. I would also use a little of this to remove my makeup. I would apply it generously around my eye area and wipe with a tissue. It did a really good job of gently removing my makeup. Jergens has always been and still is one of my favorite lotion and cream brands. This is also very inexpensive and budget friendly.

Jergens moisturizes and hydrates my skin well. It absorbs nicely into my skin leaving no greasy residue. My skin stays soft all day. My makeup applies well over this.

Ease of Application
    I am not the biggest fan of the jars and containers you have to put your fingers in. I would much rather use pumps. This also keeps the lotion free from contaminants and fresher longer. That aside, it is still very easy to open and apply.

This has a very light scent.

Super product!

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream:

I rely on this product mainly during the hot summer months as it does a really good job keeping my skin moisturized for a longer period of time. I have found that it does not make my skin oil, but it creates a barrier of moisture that completely saturates my skin.

Very effective at moisturizing your skin and keeping is silky smooth and soft. As a matter of fact it get softer and smoother each time that you use this product. I love that it is not sticky or greasy feeling on the skin and does not stain clothing.

Ease of Application
    Easy to use this product. I recommend applying it on the face and neck area quite heavily as depending on how dry your skin is, it will soak up pretty quickly.

I love the scent as it is somewhat flowery to the nose. It is not overpowering and annoying to smell, it is rather light and airy to the nose. Also, it will not complete with other scents you may be wearing at the same time.

Jergens Face Cream Is Too Thick

Comments about Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream:

I have extremely dry skin and need to apply a moisturizer twice a day in order to relieve it. I bought this moisturizer because I have loved Jergens products in the past, but I have not loved it as a face cream.

I tried it for a full week in both morning and evening and it resulted in a pretty intense breakout. I feel like the face cream is not so much a moisturizer as it is an all-purpose lotion. After the week of use, I bought another face moisturizer and quit using this one. I ultimately just kept it around to use as lotion on my kids after baths.

I feel like the face cream is so thick that it doesn't absorb into my skin, but rather suffocates my skin. I feel like it overcompensated for my dry skin and turned my skin into an oily skin.

I also don't like the scent of this face cream. It is a very juvenile smell and I did not like it being on my face for an extended period of time. The smell doesn't seem to be as bad just using it as a lotion rather than on my face all day.

• Ease of Application:

All your skin answers in one product

from Houston, TX

Comments about Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream:

This may be an old goodie,but it still is and still works remarkable. Youd be surprised how well it works to keep your face moisturized and that the answer to all your problems, keeping your face moisturized. A little goes a long way and that means you dont have to load it on your face, just a little dab here and there. I use it once in the morning and once at nighttime, dont worry because it will moisturize all day and you will have the softess skin ever. Has a pleasant aroma as well.

In expensive all purpose make up remover, cream and wash

What I don't like about **Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream: **

wonderful multi purpose cream

from Frederick, MD

Comments about Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream:

i use this cream mostly as a face cleanser and it removes make up easily.It has a great,light scent ,it s basically an old fashioned cold cream that cleans deeply and leaves my skin fresh and soft.It s great as a moisturizer too,even though you have to use just a little bit or otherwise u ll get a greasy,oily look and clogged pores.

Jergens All Purpose Face Cream is good at getting off makeup.

from Chattanooga, TN

Comments about Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream:

Jergens All Purpose Face Cream is good at getting off makeup easily and painlessly.  This pink cream comes in a 15 ounce jar so it will last a while.  It leaves your face feeling moisturized.  "Deep cleans your skin to remove makeup and dirt and provides a radiant, dewy base for makeup.  Also softens and moisturizes to help smooth skin and fight dryness."  I have never used it as a base for makeup.  I have used it to remove the white mime makeup from the face of my Little One.  Yes, I had to apply the face cream multiple times, but it Did remove the makeup without hurting my Little One.  One caution:  keep it away from eyes.  It burns.  Also, my Little One said that it was not good on lips.  Good to know.  The directions for us:  "Smooth generously over your face and throat. Remove with a tissue or leave on overnight."  Jergens All Purpose Face Cream is good at getting off makeup easily and painlessly.