Other Kitchen Ranges:

Pros

Cons

Jenn-Air Range

Comments about Jenn-Air Downdraft Slide-in Electric Range:

Needs to have something useful behind the lower facade door. The slide in feature is beautiful and looks great and I understand that area must be reserved for the downdraft however, the front portion of the stove could be an area for pots, pans and perhaps racks.

Temperature Control
the convection oven works fantastic. Large oven allows for cooking of large meals all at the same time.

beautiful and functional appliance. The different size cook burner is perfect for proper heat distribution depending on the size of the cook pan.

Hard to clean the down draft area, love the beautiful black cook surface. Cleaning the cast iron grates that cover the down draft opening as well as the grates that serve to cover the propane cooking devices are somewhat hard to clean, especially after cooking a greasy meal. Hard to clean the small propane distribution device that covers the actual propane burner.

Love it!

Comments about Jenn-Air Downdraft Slide-in Electric Range:

We moved into a house with this Jenn-Air Slide-in Electric Range and I absolutely love it. The temperature control is very accurate and always provides even cooking. The cook top is super easy to clean and I love the way it looks. It's so much easier to clean up messes when you don't have to worry about removing burners. We cook several meals a day at home and even after a few years, this range looks brand new! The knobs also come off so that I can clean a little more thoroughly. I expect to keep this range for several years to come and going forward I will continue to use Jenn-Air appliances! I would recommend this range for people who love to cook and like to make cleaning up easy!

Down draft is VERY inefficient

Comments about Jenn-Air Downdraft Slide-in Electric Range:

Excellent oven. The down draft is VERY inefficient. It will not even pull steam off the pot. If you fry a lot this down draft will not work for you. It is not up to the other downdrafts offered by Jenn-Air

Poor down draft

• Heat Distribution:

parts good parts not so much

from Redmond, WA

Comments about Jenn-Air Downdraft Slide-in Electric Range:

We inherited the range from the previous homeowners. The range heats up fast, the downdraft is powerful. The top is really easy to clean, I can wipe it off with a microfiber cloth easily. The downdraft compartment is deep, narrow, and hard to clean. We wipe it down once a year.

Heats up fast

Heat Distribution
Heat distribution is even

Haven't had any problems in 2 years, not sure when the previous homeowner bought the range

Looks great

Top is easy, downdraft isn't

• Heat Distribution:

Not impressed, never buy again

from Lincoln, IL

Comments about Jenn-Air Downdraft Slide-in Electric Range:

I moved into a house wiith a jenn-aire sliide in. they dd not mention that only 2 of the 4 electric burners worked (the big one on the left cartridge, the little one on the right. I worked with that, then the oven stopped workng (in the middle of lazagne!) I have always heard that jenn-aire is the best so I opted to get another one (electric 30" downdraft slide in) : downdraft underr pwered, got an error code about some electric connection issue - caled the warranty people - they replaced it and the same error came up what ended up happening was that we lost the the use of 1 burner on the left. I was told it was obviously my problem, not the jnn-aire -Master electricians disagre. lved wth 3 burners, then the fan started turnng on when the oven was on (like t does wiith the broiler!) cleared vents, revewed all - no issues but ccannot get the fan to turn off until the oven temp drops belw 200 degrees or so). UGGHHH Live wth that for a few more years... Thanksgiving dinner, Oven turns offf, fan turns off and starts clicking. I am done. I will 1 - never own a jennaire again and 2 - wiill never own a ddowndraft agan

Temperature Control
temp varies from one tray of cookies to the next - using a timer is impossiibl

Heat Distribution
have to rotate fooods every time

Wouldnt be without my JennAir

from North Canton, OH

Comments about Jenn-Air Downdraft Slide-in Electric Range:

I have had Jenn Air ranges for over 15 years and I love them all, only have had two, but love them.  I recenlty had to replace my one that was 15 years old,  We got the top of the line.   This is in stainless steel decor with black accents.  This is a dual fuel (gas and electric) downdraft oven.  This over is FANTASTIC.   The new  one can almost cook a meal without you, it has all the bells and whistles you need.  I like the indoor grill that is with it.  You dont always need the indoor grill, it came with an extra set of cook inserts to use as burners.  This oven is just the best looking appliance you can have in your kitchen.  We are doing a small remodel job and it fits right in with what we are going.   We had to modify the opening by about a 1/4 of an inch to accomodate the new range, width  size.  Its a slide in, so it was very easy to install, it was in use that very same day.  I would definitely recommend this to anyone.     Thanks JennAir.

Excellent Range

from Oxford, MI

Comments about Jenn-Air Downdraft Slide-in Electric Range:

This Jenn Air works beautifully.  It  looks very nice and the downdraft is nice to have instead of a hood if you like a cleaner look.  This is a product I have used at my mother in laws house and her and I love the way it cleans up after cooking on it.  It heats up quite nicely and I was amazed at that since I have a gas stovetop and I am used to gas.  One of the great advantages of cooking on this is that making carmelized onions on this electric stove is a breeze.  You can get the burners to a lower temperature degree and carmelize the onions w/out burning them which is something I have a difficult time doing on my gas as it gets too hot.  Simmering w/out boiling works so much better on the Jenn-Air for the same reason.  I can let my homemade spaghetti sauce cook for hours at my mother in laws w/out fear of it burning on the bottom or splattering up on the bottom of her cupboards above.  I would highly recommend purchasing a Jenn-Air and wish I had too.

Jenn Aire Electric Range with Downdraft Fan

from Mason, MI

Comments about Jenn-Air Downdraft Slide-in Electric Range:

I love my Jenn Aire Range and Convenction Oven. Anytime I want to grill inside, I have the capability of doing so on my Jenn Aire Range. The downdraft Fan comes on automatically and removes any smoke immediately from the grilling section. Its kind of hard to go outside to grill in the middle of winter in Michigan which reduces grilling foods in the wintertime but with the Jenn Aire I am able to grill often. The cast iron grates are easy to clean and the grease collector container keeps everything as an easy clean up when done. I prefer grilled foods, and love throwing some shish kebobs together for a nice quick and easy evening meal and anytime you are feeling like a grilled steak, just put it on. Within minutes you are grilling your food and supper is served. My range is at least 15 years old and I have never had a problem with needing any repairs. The Convection Oven is a given at Thanksgiving. It cooks the Turkey in much less time and it comes out very moist. It is a great cost saving and time saver. You will never go back to just an electric stove once you own one.

Jenn-Air I love your ranges w/down drafts

from Lodi, WI

Comments about Jenn-Air Downdraft Slide-in Electric Range:

Jenn-Air Electric Downdraft Slide-In Range is great.  We purchased this about 4 years ago to replace a counter top stove and built in oven  I am so glad to go back to a full size range, as the oven is bigger.  Lucky for us there was already piping for the downdrafting system, so was easy to hook this range up to the same piping system.  The stove top is great and two of the burners offer the two options, either small pans or large pans and the other two burners are for medium size pans.  No I do not like it when stuff boils over, but do find that it is easy to clean up the messes.  I love the full size oven and even my sons were able to figure out how to use the convection oven and the quick preheat.  The timer is easy to use and the buzzer is not an obnoxious sound.  It will give a one minute heads up and then the final buzzer when the time is up.  The downdraft system is very easy to clean.  I wish the downdraft was a little stronger, because when I have very tall pots, the downdraft does not get all the steam down it.