2.5

Jenn-Air 27-Inch Stainless Steel Built-In Microwave Oven JMC8127DDS

2.5

One New Appliance that Let Us Down

from Glen Burnie, MD

Comments about Jenn-Air 27-Inch Stainless Steel Built-In Microwave Oven JMC8127DDS:

We recently remodeled our entire kitchen from top to bottom, including all our appliances. We purchased the Jenn Air Microwave because it most closely matched the other appliances we purchased. I will admit that it is attractive to look at. But my satisfaction ends there. The labels on the buttons are light-colored and very small making them difficult to read. I'm not sure what the vent over the microwave is supposed to do. It opens when you use the microwave but we cannot feel any air blowing in nor exhaust pulling air out. We have the same problem with the vent at the bottom of the microwave which is over the stove. It has absolutely no suction. It pulls absolutely nothing. When we first began using the microwave, it told us to replace the filters. Not sure why when it was brand new but we did it. It didn't improve the suction and now it makes more noise when the vent is on medium. The light that it provides over the stove may as well be non-existent because it is so dim on both high and low that I still need to use other light when cooking. I love my entire new kitchen! It's beautiful! But this appliance breaks my heart every time I use it.

I can't really say much about this because we've had it only a few months. I gave it a "1" because I gave it the same in all the other categories.

• Settings/Features:

Great Microwave

We picked out this built-in microwave when we built our house. It has lots of useful programmed cooking functions and it does a great job heating foods evenly. This microwave is a little hard to clean because it sits at shoulder level and I can barely reach all the way in the back to clean. All in all, I would recommend this microwave.

• Settings/Features: