2.8
Jell-O
Jell-O - Mousse Temptations

Jell-O - Mousse Temptations

2.8

Mousse Temptations are only 60 calories, but they do satisfy!

I always seem to get a craving for something bad when I am watching TV late at night.  When I saw a commercial for the new **Jell-O Mousse Temptations**, I knew I wanted to try them.  They sounded so great because they looked so rich and fluffy on TV, but they only have 60 calories!

Not only are these dessert cups low in calories, but they are also sugar-free.

The grocery store offered several flavors to choose from, but I bought *Chocolate Indulgence*.  The picture on the package looked so decadent, I couldn't wait to get home to try it!  I peeled back the foil on top and dipped my spoon in the mousse.  It tastes so rich and delicious, just like chocolate pudding, but with a different consistency.  What was interesting, was the texture.  I've had mousse before, but the texture of this product was much different from what I'm used to.  Yes, it was light like mousse should be, but in addition to being fluffy, it is also a little spongy.

The flavor of the mousse was so satisfying and decadent, the weird texture doesn't really matter to me.  I felt like I was eating something "bad", but I wasn't!  At only 60 calories per cup, I don't have to feel guilty about treating myself to some **Jell-O Mousse Temptations**.

Prepare for something different in the Mousse Temptations

I tried both the **Caramel **and the **Dark Chocolate** flavors of Jello's new Mousse Temptations last night. Although it is labeled as *mousse*, I have to say I wasn't quite expecting the texture of this product. It is very mousee-like, whipped and fluffy. I thought it would be a little thicker, probably just from seeing it's from Jello. The dark chocolate was very good, but I love dark chocolate anyway. I am not a big fan of caramel, and this too was what I expected. It was ok, just not my thing. Two other women were visiting, and one of them is a big fan of caramel. She REALLY liked this flavor. I really think these would be better WITH something, like fruit. Eating it by itself, I gave it a 3 out of 5, but it may just takesiome getting used to. Just keep in mind: **Mousse** or ***WHIPPED*** pudding!

Nothing like Moose!

Comments about Jell-O - Mousse Temptations:

I tried Jell-O Mousse Temptations because I love mousse and thought that they would taste great. I was wrong. They were not very good at all. It just tastes like bland chocolate pudding-the kind you find in their snack packs. It does not have a rich or sweet taste at all. The mousse was pitiful. It did not have a nice fluffy texture and it had a very bland taste as well. I was so disappointed. It does not even taste like they used cocoa or any real chocolate in these puddings.

Mousse Satisfies

Comments about Jell-O - Mousse Temptations:

As a chocoholic and always buying the regular chocolate pudding I decided to give the Jell-O - Mousse Temptations a try after seeing the commercial on television. I was really surprised with the light and fluffy flavor of this pudding. This pudding makes a great afternoon snack.

Congealed Fat Consistency

Comments about Jell-O - Mousse Temptations:

So I tried Jello Mousse (Caramel flavour) yesterday. It's "healthier" but is DISGUSTING! Mousse is suppose to be creamy....light and airy, this stuff is the consistency of congealed fat...and it doesn't taste anything like caramel, two bites was more than enough for me...gross!

Jell-O Mousse or whipped pudding?

from Tahlequah, OK

Comments about Jell-O - Mousse Temptations:

I actually tried the Mousse Temptations Chocolate Mint Sensation that combines the cocoa and "natural mint flavor" to create a sweet snack.  It is Jell-O's newest attempt at a new product that comes up a little short for me.

The packaging claims "mousse with a rich and delightfully creamy texture" -  yes it is more light and airy than their pudding, but I would consider it more of a whipped pudding or even a whipped yogurt than a mousse.

Sugar Free - an added bonus, this is only a 60 calorie snack.  Each snack cup (about 2 ounce cups) are comparable in size to most pudding or yogurt cups but quite a few less calories.  Jell-O does claim that most other mousse products contain about 190 calories, so this is quite a difference.  There are a total of 6 cups in the packages and are easy to open the foil type seals.

Kraft and Jell-O's newest addition of snack options is available in the dairy section of the grocery stores and needs to be refrigerated.

A good sweet snack, but I think it is pushing the definition of mousse a little.

Jello mousse isn't quite mousse but that isn't a problem

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Jell-O - Mousse Temptations:

Honestly these aren't really mousse. While they are lighter than pudding they aren't airy and creamy and all of the characteristic that I associate with mousse.

These aren't necessarily bad things. These are delicious in their own right and make a great snack or dessert.

These low calorie snacks are very chocolately and both the dark chocolate and chocolate mint are really yummy. I prefer them to yogurt or regular pudding. They also are easy to transport and make a great addition to lunch on the go. I also enjoy them as a end of the day treat that doesn't undo all of the healthy eating and working out that I accomplish during the day.

A great product, just perhaps not the most accurate name.

Rip Off

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Jell-O - Mousse Temptations:

Jell-O Mousse is a rip off. It is only chocolate pudding with air whipped into it. Look at the weight of the product compared to regular pudding. Air also has no caloreies, thus the 60 calories. Real mousse is thick and rich. This extra air also gives it an upleasant texture. Do not like it at all. Would have returned it, but I threw away the outside package.

Decadent Dark Chocolate

from Brockton, MA

Comments about Jell-O - Mousse Temptations:

So far, I've only tried the dark chocolate flavor. . .This priveledge was provided to me at a friend's place.  She excitedly told me of this 60 calorie sugar free treat both becaue she could have it (gastric bypass) and because it was dessert.  I was intrigued but a bit frightened because I was thinking it was a diet treat.  But, I was pleasantly surprised.  The dessert was airy and decadent tasting. . .Almost like a frosting in consistency but just plain yummy!  I am not at all a fan of dark chocolate but I still very much enjoyed the treat (though I'm thinking I would have totally devoured it had it been a different flavor but I thought I might not finish it as I savored each bite - ha ha, I finished it).  I am excitedly looking forward to trying the other flavors available. . .J-E-L-L-O:)

My Husband and I both agreed it was absolutely gross.

from Kernersville, NC

Comments about Jell-O - Mousse Temptations:

I love chocolate and I love mousse, but Jell-o Mousse Temptations are totally nasty.  They are WAY overpriced in grocery stores.  I got them because I had a coupon that made them half off.  It was not even worth that.  I ate one today because I feel bad for wasting food.

Not Amazing

from Carpentersville, IL

Comments about Jell-O - Mousse Temptations:

I purchased the bulk pack of this pudding at a well known wharehouse.  I had seen the commercials for this product and thought, it's Jello brand so i will be very good. Well, I was wrong.  I was excited  to try one, so I opened it immediately when I got home.  I took one spoon full and was like, what is this.  Now the flavor was very good. My first try was the chocolate.  But the texture was just disgusting.  I really don't know how to describe it. I was like a desolving sponge. Just not my fortay.  I tried to at least eat the other flavors and maybe the texture would grow on me, but it did not. Again, the flavor of the product was not the issue. All the varieties were very tasty.  I am not sure who the tested the product on before releasing it in stores but it just not right. I don't think it has the texture of mousse.  It's sort of like that but more smooth. At least the mousseof had inthe past is like that. My opinion is, if to like a spongy type of food then this the product for you.  If you don't, it is in your best interest not to try it. It would be a waste of your money.

Jell-O Chocolate Mousse Temptations really satisfy!

from Leesburg, VA

Comments about Jell-O - Mousse Temptations:

I had been interested in trying the Jell-O Mousse Temptations for a while, but they seemed to be sold out most places I checked. I finally found the caramel flavor at my local Wegmans, but the chocolate was still out of stock. Even though I'm not a fan of caramel flavors, I decided to give it a try.

I'll be honest: I am not a pudding lover. I do not like pudding, flans, custards, or any pies with a pudding-y consistency. That said, I do like mousse. So even though these were made by a pudding company, I decided to try them based on the fact that they looked like, and were called, mousse. And they are more like a mousse than a pudding. They are a very fluffy, whipped consistency, but the caramel flavor is much firmer than what you would expect from a true mousse. Even so, they are infinitely better than pudding.

I finally found the chocolate flavor and am in love with it. It has a truer mousse consistency than the caramel, and the chocolate flavor really hits the spot. While both flavors definitely hit the spot if you are looking for a low-cal dessert alternative, the caramel is not quite decadent enough for a true dessert lover. The chocolate flavor is so good it could even serve as a dessert for a finiky man who doesn't want to "diet" if you added a bit of whipped cream and some strawberry slices.

I will definitely buy the chocolate flavor again, and may buy the caramel if they are out of chocolate. I am ranking these maximum stars because of how awesome the chocolate is.