3.8
Jason Natural Cosmetics
Jason Natural Cosmetics Tea Tree Oil Scalp Normalizing Shampoo

Jason Natural Cosmetics Tea Tree Oil Scalp Normalizing Shampoo

3.8

Finally, a shampoo for itchy scalp that works!

I have an itchy scalp. I am certain it is tied to my blepharitis (over-production of oil in the eyelid/eyebrow area), though my dermatologist isn't so sure. I DO NOT have dandruff. But over the years, as I searched for an itchy scalp shampoo, I found they were all directed at dandruff sufferers. So I used Head and Shoulders, in its many incarnations, for years, thinking that was the best I could do. It left my hair so coarse, frizzy, and unmanageable that I just assumed my hair WAS dry and coarse.Then a friend said I should try something with tea tree oil. I looked in the organic section at my local Kroger and found Jason's Tea Tree Oil Scalp Normalizing Shampoo. Finally! It makes my hair look normal, and leaves my scalp soothed! I noticed the difference after just two shampoos. The scent is pleasant, but the lather leaves a bit to be desired. If you love a head full of lather, you may have to use more than you're used to. But it's worth it!

Generic drugstore shampoo passed off as "natural"

The label on this (and other) Jason shampoo prominently states that it is "SLS Free", but check out the ingredients. The main ingredient is Sodium Myreth Sulfate (SMS). SMS has only a two atom difference from SLS, which is well-documented to be a harsh irritant. Jason is named as one of several so-called "organic cheater" companies in a lawsuit filed by Dr. Bronner's soaps. Much more information about these allegedly misleading claims made by several well known companies like Jason, Kiss My Face, Desert Essence, etc., can be found on the Dr. Bronner's website.

Very Nice Deep Cleansing, Yet Gentle!

Comments about Jason Natural Cosmetics Tea Tree Oil Scalp Normalizing Shampoo:

Jason is a brand that I wholeheartedly trust. This shampoo is part of why I trust Jason products. The tea tree oil all by itself, makes it a good cleanser, with anti-fungal properties, which also disinfect. I think it's a good shampoo to use if you, or anyone else in your household, has recently gotten over an illness. It just gives you an added step in disinfection.

Jason Natural Cosmetics Tea Tree Oil Scalp Normalizing Shampoo Is a very effective cleanser that is also gentle on your hair. It works up a nice, soft, lather. It even works well for people with dandruff. I do recommend using it in conjunction with a good conditioner though, if you have dry hair.

The scent is mild, but it smells like tea tree oil, so it all depends on what you think of tea tree oil. It has a gentle, but medicine-like odor, in my opinion. All in all, the smell doesn't stand out too much, though, and it usually won't bother people with odor sensitivities.

Jason tea tree shampoo

from Urbana, IL

Comments about Jason Natural Cosmetics Tea Tree Oil Scalp Normalizing Shampoo:

I have an oily scalp and this was sometimes itchy on my scalp and drying it out as well. The smell of the sahmpoo is very nice and it leaves a colling sensation on the scalp after using it. The fact that it is prganioc and made of natural products is a definite plus and not too expensive for bring made of all ntaural ingredients. It however, does not get rid of dandruff and should not be used for this purpose.

Wasn't impresed by this normalizing shampoo

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Jason Natural Cosmetics Tea Tree Oil Scalp Normalizing Shampoo:

I was a bit dissappointed because I was hoping this natural product would not cause dandruff and help me get rid of the itchy skalp. Unfortunately, just like the majority of shampoos I've used, this one caused dandruff as well and made my skalp super itchy.

Decent Shampoo

from Memphis, TN

Comments about Jason Natural Cosmetics Tea Tree Oil Scalp Normalizing Shampoo:

Jason's products have always been very good to me and my significant other throughout the years. So when I decided to try a more natural shampoo product, the Jason Natural Cosmetic Tea Tree Oil Scalp Normalizing Shampoo was the first one I wanted to try. After trying this product, it left my hair feeling good. I help alleviate the dandruff problem that I was having, stop the occasionally itching that I have of my scalp and also it sort of helps to promote hair growth. I also read that the majority of name brand shampoo contains the ingrediants sodium laureth and lauryl sulfates which are not natural products, can be bad for your hair long term and could pose some kind of health risk down the line. The scent of the tea tree oil is pretty refreshing. Overall, this shampoo is a great to use for the following reasons: its contains natural ingredients, aids in dandruff control, and also helps promote thicker head full of hair. (well at least for me).

Smells horrble, works well

from Irvine, CA

Comments about Jason Natural Cosmetics Tea Tree Oil Scalp Normalizing Shampoo:

The product smells like insect repellent and I was strongly repelled and repulsed of the thought of having to put it in my hair. My mom had bought a Tea Tree Shampoo a long time ago and this smelled NO WHERE near as refreshing and cleansing as that. But I had to use it anyway since my scalp was seriously very very dry and flaking and was forming buiildups that were very gross. So you basically have to shampoo twice: one to get the hair all separated and the second time to get the product to the scalp, which makes sense. I followed up with Head and Shoulders Silky Smooth so that it could smell better. After about 2 months of using it, my hair got REALYL shiny and healthy looking. So I honestly don't know whether it was with the shampoo or the conditioner but it looks almost like the hair in the tv commercials! I'm definitely going to continue using this product and see where it goes but as of right now, my scalp isn't as flaky as it was and there is barely anymore buildup!

If you have any kind of scalp condition you'll love this shampoo

from New Oxford, PA

Comments about Jason Natural Cosmetics Tea Tree Oil Scalp Normalizing Shampoo:

The Jason Tea Tree Scalp Normalizing Shampoo is all natural and full of benefits.  I have a sort of scalp issue where it's dry but not really dandruff more like a scabby thing at times.  I have extremely sensitive skin so regular dandruff or scalp shampoos tend to irritate my scalp even more.  But this tea tree shampoo is fantastic.  It really helps the dryness, itching and scabs.  It is a little more expensive if you compare it to brands you can get really cheap at the super stores but the quality and the results are worth every penny and in reality, it's not all that expensive if you already spend the money on a name brand dandruff or scalp shampoo.  I've used this on and off for years - for awhile I couldn't find a place to buy it but it's readily available online at vitamin/health stores.  I would highly recommend trying this if you have any kind of scalp condition and let the results speak for themselves.

So far, it's really helping my scalp!

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Jason Natural Cosmetics Tea Tree Oil Scalp Normalizing Shampoo:

I just started using this shampoo a few weeks ago.  I've gone through about five other shampoos in the last six months or so, and none have done what I needed them to do.  I've got dry skin, and it seems no matter what I do (wash my hair less or more, with different shampoos, brush it more often or less, use cold water, etc etc), I inevitably have some dandruff and an itchy scalp.  I don't mind a little occasional dandruff - I'm very comfortable with the body in a natural state, which is less than perfect.  :)  But I do mind the constant itching of my scalp.  So, I've been on a hunt for a product that might actually work like they all claim.  I've tried other tea tree formulas, and while none of them were quite right, the tea tree basis always helped at least a little.  When I saw Jason's version of a tea tree shampoo on sale, I decided I'd give it a whirl.  I love tea tree because it offers immediate relief to the scalp, a cool and almost numbing sensation, which is so pleasant after all the itching and burning.  However, unlike many other shampoos I've tried, the results with this shampoo aren't only immediate.  They appear to be lasting.  For the past few weeks, my scalp has been consistently less dry and itchy.  Jason's tea tree shampoo appears to be doing what it claims, which is far more than most products I've ever used!

Generic drugstore shampoo passed off as "natural"

from Warren, MI

Comments about Jason Natural Cosmetics Tea Tree Oil Scalp Normalizing Shampoo:

Great natural product for dandruff, leaves hair clean and shiny.

from West Covina, CA

Comments about Jason Natural Cosmetics Tea Tree Oil Scalp Normalizing Shampoo:

Tea Tree Scalp Normalizing Shampoo is by far the best dandruff shampoo I've tried. It keeps my scalp clean and doesn't dry it up like other dandruff shampoos dermatologist reccommend. I like that it's organic and it can be used daily.

Finally, a shampoo for itchy scalp that works!

from Cincinnati, OH