Other Sewing Machines:
Mechanical Sewing Machines
Janome Mechanical Sewing Machine

Janome Mechanical Sewing Machine

The Janome 11554 is a good machine at a great price!

from Henderson, NV

Comments about Janome Mechanical Sewing Machine:

Last year I bought my daughter, who's in her 20s and wants to learn to sew, a Brother sewing machine.  After buying the same machine for myself, I realized it was not satisfactory and returned mine and recommended she returned hers, which she did.  I bought a wonderful Janome Magnolia for myself, and decided to try again this Christmas with a sewing machine for her.  I wanted something budget-friendly so I could add a case and some accessories to get her started.  I decided on the Janome 11554, an entry level Janome.  I received it today and had to open it to try it out and was I delighted!  The machine has a drop in bobbin and threads just like my other Janome, and uses the same bobbins.  It came with a small accessory kit; the kit holder slides off to make the machine a swing arm.  The bobbin wound easily and the machine sewed nice straight stitches.  There are 58 stitch functions, which will be plenty for her at the moment.  It has a 4-step buttonhole and drop feed.  There is not an automatic needle threader, but at this price, I didn't expect one.  The light shone brightly enough that I had no trouble threading the needle.  The machine feels heavy duty and I think she'll be delighted with her gift.  The only negative thing about this machine is that the motor is loud.