Other Sewing Machines:

Janome Jem Platinum Computerized Sewing Machine

Janome JP760 Sewing Machine

from Detroit, MI

Comments about Janome Jem Platinum Computerized Sewing Machine:

I love my Janome sewing machine. It is very easy to use. It is small and light weight, making it easy to travel with. It is operated with a computer and has several different kinds of stitches. There are a lot more stitches on this machine than I use. One of my favorite features is the top-loading bobbin. It makes putting a bobbin in so easy. Switching the bobbin was very frustrating before I got this machine. You have the option of using a foot or you can start and stop with a button. Another great feature about this machine is the needle threader. It makes threading a needle very easy. You don't have to squint or look really close. The threader is very delicate though, so I try to handle it gently. I had to get the needle threader fixed once. I love this sewing machine. I spend a lot less time trying to figure it out or doing things like putting the bobbin in or threading the needle, which gives me more time to sew!

The tiny Janome is the greatest...it keeps me in stitches and I

from Cedar Rapids, IA

Comments about Janome Jem Platinum Computerized Sewing Machine:

For years I used my mother's hand me down Viking sewing machine. After my daughters outgrew the hand-made dresses stage, I sort of stopped sewing.  It was inconvenient to get the heavy machine out (I don't have a sewing room) and it reguired rereading the instruction book after months of inactivity with sewing.  Recently I decided to sew again. I wanted to make toys and artsy things, granddaughter dresses  and sweet baby blankets.  Again...that heavy machine stared at me from it's hiding place in the back of a closet with all of it's complicated directions. Out of the blue my sister suggested I buy a 12 pound Janome sewing maching...our local dealer had a sale that couldn't be beat. She was using a larger Janome for her quilting projects and fell in love with the brand. She even offered to pay half...she really wanted me to sew again...at her place...with a machine that could easily be my road hog. Needless to say, I took her up on the offer.  I love my little Janome. She loves me back.  She is so easy to operate.  She can do everthing my bigger older heavier machine can do and more. She keeps her weight trim so I can easily move her from her own closet to my dining room table. She has helped me make little knitting bags, a quilt, a baby outfit, and some really neat stuffed birds. Little J and I have a long way to go as we forge this creative relaionship.  Thank You Janome.