Other Sewing Machines:
Mechanical Sewing Machines
Janome
Janome Harmony Mechanical Sewing Machine

Janome Harmony Mechanical Sewing Machine

Easy to learn, easy to use.

from Fairborn, OH

Comments about Janome Harmony Mechanical Sewing Machine:

This sewing machine was not only easy to use, it was easy to learn to use as well. I am a new sower and needed to learn how to use a electric machine fast ( I had to sew a prom dress).  This machine came with a wonderful booklet, and almost was easy to understand just by messing around with it, and looking at it.  At first I had trouble threading and making sure everything was in the right place, but after a few times, I really got the hang of it. I would tell anyone to buy this machine, it's practical, good and reliable in every sense of the word!

This sewing machine is great!

from Osceola, WI

Comments about Janome Harmony Mechanical Sewing Machine:

This is a wonderful sewing machine.  It is very vercitile in what it accomplishes as well as easy to use.  Its a breeze to set it up and even easier to sew.  I would reccommend this machine to anyone looking to learn how to sew.  Its quick and easy to learn.

Great for a beginner.

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Janome Harmony Mechanical Sewing Machine:

My first sewing machine, and more than adequate for everything I want to make. It can have many different foot options, but I've found the default one to be fine. Mostly I use it for sewing small household projects and making steeks in handknit sweaters, but it can also make buttonholes.

I absolutely love my Janome. It is so easy to use.

from Wagoner, OK

Comments about Janome Harmony Mechanical Sewing Machine:

I had never used a Janome before I purchased mine, and I am so glad I did.  It is so easy to use.  I particularly love the easy one step buttonholer and the self threading feature. It's also light enough to carry with me when we go to our summer home.  But it's nice and stable on the countertop while I'm using it.  It doesn't slide around.

Janome Sewing Machines - Janome Harmony 8048- great!

from Sugar Land, TX

Comments about Janome Harmony Mechanical Sewing Machine:

The Janome Harmony 8048 Sewing Machine is a great machine! I'm a beginner when it comes to sewing, and the Janome Harmony 8048 Sewing Machine has been a perefect machine to learn on. The Janome Harmony 8048 Sewing Machine is easy to use-- the threading process is simple, the functions are straight-forward, and the instructions are easy to figure out! I'vr used the Janome Harmony 8048 Sewing Machine for many different projects-- everything from custom pillowcases, to hemming jeans, to making a duvet cover for our down comforter. No matter the type or weight of fabric, the Janome Harmony 8048 Sewing Machine has done a great job, although I wiil say, it is imporant to know when to raise and lower the foot, so that heavier fabrics don't get in a bind and jam the needle. I look forward to more projects over years to come with my Janome Harmony 8048 Sewing Machine. It's an affordable, quality sewing machine-- I definitely recommend it!

Janome Harmony needs to learn how to button it

from Springville, UT

Comments about Janome Harmony Mechanical Sewing Machine:

I love most things about this machine.  It has one of the best straight stitches I have worked with, comparing with the Husvarna, high end Bernina’s, and the Brother’s used in industry.  It feels a little on the slow side for me but all in all, what can you expect this is a home machine.   The one thing that really bothers me is the lousy button holes it makes.  The stitching is not clean or close together, and you can’t make a button hole without a button of the proper diameter in it.  You don’t always make a button hole for a button!  Very frustrating!

I have not had a problem with any of the other stitches, they work well.  It also handles fairly thick fabrics as well.  I love how small around it can become on the throat plate under the needle as this makes it much easier when doing sleeves.  Over all I like the quality of this machine, I just really wish I could do button holes on it!

Quality vs. quantity

from Keyser, WV

Comments about Janome Harmony Mechanical Sewing Machine:

Qualtiy vs. quantity is an age old question, however, with this sewing machine it is not asked. It provides the utmost quality, and works like a pro. It can handle a small job fast and a large job quickly. The threads are very neat, and it looks utmost professional but ending point. If you can map it out this sewing machine will do the work for you, your just the supervisor pointing to direction. It is very easily ran, and i have had mine since they first came out and have yet for it to break down on me. It is by far the best product that i have purchased for all of my craft and sewing needs, big and small. Affordable with great quality, this product is for you.

One of my favorites--so easy to use!

from Portland, OR

Comments about Janome Harmony Mechanical Sewing Machine:

The Janome 8048 is sooooooooooooooo easy to use! I have been out of practice with sewing for a while and even I was amazed at how simple it was to use. I sat down and whipped out clothes, curtains, and tons of home decor in just a few hours. I felt like I had done an entire week's work in just one afternoon!