4.9

4.9

Awesome

from Palos Hills, IL

Comments about Janome Computerized Sewing Machine:

The Janome DC2010 is an amazing, easy-to-use sewing machine for anyone; a businessman who just accidently ripped his favorite tie, or the mom who needs to sow the costume for her children's school play. This sewing machine is one of the greatest sewing machines I have ever used; it is easy to use, for professionals to someone who is trying to learn to sew. The machine is also very powerful, and almost one hundred percent of the times the stitches stay in. Speaking of the stitches, they themselves are strong. Incase you have never used a sewing machine, it comes with an amazing, easy to read manual to help you. And if you plan on moving, it is very lightweight and mobile. Overall, the Janome DC2010 is a great sewing machine

grea quality

from Oxford, PA

Comments about Janome Computerized Sewing Machine:

This Janome DC2010 sewing machine has been a great addition to my household and gets plenty of use because it is such an enjoyable machine to use. I have owned many sewing machines over the years, and while I am not an expert, I am at least experienced, and know that not all sewing machines are produced equally. I have found this machine to be easy to use and to do a great job with all of my tasks, I have used it for everything from a quick stitch job, to making large pieces such as blankets, and even for mundane things such as taking in pants or fixing rips or tears, and the performance for all of these tasks has been equally good. You do pay a little bit more this machine, but I think it is worth the little extra in this case.

Excellent Janome machine!! Love it!

from Kingsport, TN

Comments about Janome Computerized Sewing Machine:

I love my Janome machine!  I have had it for little while and have nothing but ease when sewing with it.  I took the machine out of thebox and was pleasantly surprised at how heavy it was.  It felt like some of my vintage machines weight, meaning it was made with metal parts, not plastic and would stand the test of time.  The manual was easy to read and understand.   I had my machine threaded and a new bobbin wound within minutes.  I love the ease of changing the magnetic feet and the little storage drawer right in front.  Another great feature is the ability to wind a bobbin from a seperate spool of thread.  I love the up and down needle stop button. This is a great feature to have, especially if you like to quilt.  It has a needle threader but I have never learned to use it.  I use a lot of the extra stitches.  I use the overlock stitch and presser foot to finish seams on clothes and home dec items,gives it a nice finished look.  You will love this machine!  I have sewed quits, clothes and even repaired jeans with my Janome.

great value for the money

from Portland, OR

Comments about Janome Computerized Sewing Machine:

i actually own the 1860 which is very similar, but i work at a sewing machine store and have used both. The 2010 has more stitches, quite a few for this price range in fact. It also has an automatic threader which is wonderful. the only downside is that the machine is fairly heavy for the size. for someone who has a sewing room that's probably not a problem, but i'm carting my machine back and forth from the bedroom to our dining room table. of course, it's weight is nothing compared to some of the older machines. the machine runs smoothly and is a strong, reliable machine. this machine is definately a good value for everything you get. i like being able to unplug the foot control and use the start/stop button when i'm doing a long straight stitch. it feels so luxurious compared to the old mechanical machine i used to sew on. also, computerized machines have fewer parts, so they break less often than their mechanical counterparts

I love my Janome DC2010.

from Jamestown, ND

Comments about Janome Computerized Sewing Machine:

The Janome DC 2010 is my second Janome sewing machine.   The DC 2010  is a  reasonably priced sewing machine.  It is easy to use, great for a beginner or  for the more advanced..  I am a beginning quilter and  love the built in decorative stitches.   The  instruction manual is easy to follow and  gives easy to understand hints on how to make the decorative stitches.  The manual also gives easy to understand instructions for making  buttonholes or  for putting in zippers, but  I have not tried to do these.  The bobbin is easy to fill and easy to insert.  The machine has an automatic needle threader.  The machine  has arrows to show the proper way to thread the machine.  The machine has an up/down needle position which  is easy to use and a great feature for quilting.  If there is a problem with the machine, the machine beeps and displays what the problem could be.   The machine is light weight and easy to carry to quilt classes or to quilt retreats.  i would have liked to have seen a cover included with the machine to keep out dust.

I love this sewing machine - easy and fun to use

from Stonewall, LA

Comments about Janome Computerized Sewing Machine:

After 30 yeras, I finally bought a new sewing machine  (Janome DC2010) and I love the digital features.  I dont' sew everyday, but when I do sew, I can easily pick up with this machine.  It was easy to use - I taught myself - and I saw a demo done at the store and there are some great features on this very inexpensive yet rugged machine.  I am anxious to use it more often and I have a couple of projects going right now. I love the portability of it and the lightweight.  I move the machine around my house to sew.  The variety of stiches available is quite extensive for a machine in this price range.  If you haven't tried a digital machine, do so.  I can not figure out why I didn't get htis machine or one like it years ago.  The buttonhole feature is so easy, it is unbeleivable; there is no way to mess it up.  I love that it's a great price and a very sturdy machine for basic sewing projects.  The sewing tools that came with it are very nice and the instruciton manual is easy to understand and reference when you ahve a problem.

Wonderful and Trouble Free Machine

from Tomball, TX

Comments about Janome Computerized Sewing Machine:

After 18 years with a basic Singer sewing machine, I decided to take the plunge and invest in a new sewing machine.  A good friend of mine that sews often recommended the brand Janome.  I was surprised at how reasonably priced Janome machines were compared to Bernina and Viking.It's works like a dream!It will thread the needle for me and let me regulate the speed of the machine.  I now don't have to regulate the speed with my foot.  It has a button where I set the speed for the entire project.This speed regulator is worth every penny the machine cost since I have two young daughters who want to learn how to sew.  I'm able to set the machines speed at a "snails pace" which is perfect for little ones to learn on.

Lots of beautiful stitches to choose from which lets me customize gifts for friends.  The flowered stitch is gorgeous!I went ahead and bought the quilt package with it and I've been pleased with how easy it is to change the foot out to the walking foot for when I'm quilting.Great machine!