Other Juicers:
JLPJB, JLPJBL

Pros

Cons

• Versatility/Number of Features:

Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Classic has many uses !!

I'll start with a related anecdote. In the 70's, Jack Lalanne owned a chain of health clubs in New York City (and elsewhere I understand). I had the dubious honor of working at one of these health clubs in 1976. I was the women's floor manager of the Wall Street Club. Throughout the entire city, all female employees had to wear spiked black heels on the gym floor and wear these crazy shoes all day. In addition, our uniform was a skimpy red dress that hardly covered one's butt. We wore that work out dress with black tights and black spiked heels. Even back then, we women were furious over the attire but that was club policy throughout.

Okay, now on to the review: Even though good old Jack didn't know squat about proper workout attire for women, he was keen on juicing. He and his wife adopted a healthy lifestyle of juicing way before his death just recently.

We bought the Power Juicer classic two years ago and have never been disappointed. It is easy to use, EASY TO CLEAN (that's most important cause no one will use a juicer daily that takes forever to clean) and makes great juice.

I have other uses for it, however. We compost so I take all the veggie scraps and run them through the juicer. It makes excellent pulp for the garden. When I put the "juice" back into the pulp, I have an amazing nutrient "bath" for my garden. I just bury the stuff daily in parts of my garden that don't have plants. Within like three days, the mixture is gone into the dirt.

So, in order to drink more juice, I first make my apple juice (or whatever fruit or greens I have handy) in the morning. While the juicer is dirty, I take all my scraps for composting and run them through the juicer. Now, I have two reasons to use the juicer daily and both are going to contribute to my good health. Cool, huh?

This juicer is inexpensive, rugged, easy to use, easy to clean. I like it very much.

Not worth the price tag

This juicer is more trouble than it's worth sometimes. I am very health conscious and do not mind taking time for my health but this juicer was not worth the price tag. I bought this juicer after seeing the infomercial and was excited to juice bigger fruit faster. I've had it for a little over 2 weeks and It seems slow to juice. Food gets stuck and will not juice. I did not know until after purchase that you need the screw driver to take the blade off to clean. I have a less expensive smaller juicer that I've had for 6 months and it works great with little clean up. I will stick with my old juicer.

Cumbersome But Fun To Experiment With!

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Classic:

I wasn't really sold on all the bells and whistles of "juicing" when my parents gave me the Jack La Lanne's POWER JUICER, but soon realized how addicting it can be. This machine makes the juicing process so easy, it soon became a sort of science experiment to see what kinds of things I could juice. Citrus? The Power Juicer handled it without breaking a sweat! Carrots? No problem! Leafy fresh herbs? Drink up! Potatoes? Yes...but not recommended. Trust me on that one. I've only had it for seven months now but (as you can probably tell) I pretty severely abuse it and on a pretty regular basis. Regardless, it's still going strong. My only complaint is that it's a bit cumbersome in size (I have to keep it on a shelf in my closet because it won't fit in any of my kitchen cabinets). It's also a bit of a pain to disassemble to clean. There have been times where I opted to use my little hand-juicer simply because I didn't want to deal with pulling this beast out of the closet and wrestling with the assembly. its still worth it when I have a ton of stuff to juice at one time though. Or when I have friends over and want ro show them how to juice a potato.

Not a fan

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Classic:

I would not recommend this juicer for two reasons. One, it is very hard to take apart requiring you to use a screwdriver just to get the blade out! This is so inconvenient for cleaning and who wants to keep a screwdriver in their kitchen or use a dirty one from their garage? The second reason I do not recommend is because the larger fruits that the commercials sport this machine takes down easily can often times stop the juicer all together causing you to have to pull the screwdriver out. It is a huge hassle and I am just not a fan. If you otherwise have a smooth transaction with the juicer, it definitely gets a whole bunch of juice out of the fruit versus other brands.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
It works pretty well and there are different settings, but if you use the very small, no pulp setting it can often times stop the blades on larger fruits.

Stability While in Use
Pretty stable where you do not have to hold on to it to keep it from falling.

So hard and such a hassle to clean.

I did not use this juicer long enough before returning to really comment on its durability.

Fast and effective juicer

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Classic:

I Absolutely love using my Jack Lalanne power juicer classic. Every morning when I wake up I like to make a fresh juice for my family. For a long time I was blending it and my daughter didn't like that it was thick and chunky. I decided to invest in a juicer and I use it all of the time! If your family lives fresh juice this is definitely worth it. I love that this juicer is fast, convenient, and extremely effective. I am so impressed with the quality of the juice it makes. We never have pieces of pulp stuck in the juice and this particular juicer does a magnificent job of getting the most juice out of your fruit!

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
I am so impressed with the amount of pulp it leaves out! A great juicer if you don't like the pulp.

A very stabile machine.

All juicers are a little difficult to clean but it's well worth the delicious juice it makes.

I absolutely adore the design of this juicer. It is small and looks great on my counter.

Great juicer!

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Classic:

I love the Jack Lalanne power juicer classic, it's a wonderful product. This juicer is quick, easy to use and doesn't take up too much room. There is a canister that fits underneath the back of the juicer that catches all the pulp, seeds and skin and keeps everything clean. When juicing carrots you can use the left over pulp in cake, bread or omlets. Some fruits and vegatables need to be cut into smaller pieces before putting into the juicer as they can get stuck. Also, putting in too much at one can cause the blade to stick, if that happens you will have to take off the top piece to pull some of it out. I find it fastest and easiest to slice everything before putting it in the juicer and add one piece at a time. The only negative thing I have to say is the clean up is time consuming. You have to unscrew a blade (tool included) and wash several pieces. When juicing darker fruits and vegtables like carrots and beets you want to make sure to clean right away and as thoroughly as possible or it can stain, I'm sure this is the same with any juicer but that is the only negative thing I have to say about this product.

• Versatility/Number of Features:

Decent, but produces a lot of waste

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Classic:

I was introduced to juicing through this product and a former roommate. I wanted to get more fruits and vegetables into my daily routine and this was a fairly easy (and tasty) way to do it. The biggest drawback to me is that you need the handle part in order to get the juicer apart. It is very easy to misplace this (as I did more then once). The second biggest is the amount of waste. There always seems to be a lot of pulp left over and sometimes it seems like there is still some moisture in the pulp that perhaps could have been extracted to make even more juice. All that being said, it did make the juice fairly quickly and easily. If you are looking for a way to get additional fruits and veggies in, you may want to give this a try. As long as you aren't prone to losing little parts... I think there are more effective juicers on the market and would likely recommend them over this one.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
This setting works very well.

Stability While in Use
The juicer stays firmly in place while in use. I've never had wobble or movement issues.

There are a lot of little things that end up needing to be cleaned. It also seems virtually impossible to get the strainer part clean by hand. Maybe it would be easier if I had a spray nozzle for added pressure.

This is a very sturdy product.

Versatility/Number of Features
Not a lot you can do other then juice. But not much more was expected since it is a juicer after all.

This is fairly bulky and not easy to move around. I also dislike that you need a special piece (that is fairly easy to lose). I have a tiny kitchen so I wish this was easier to store.

• Versatility/Number of Features:

The product is not durable

from NA

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Classic:

I received the Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Classic as a gift for my wedding anniversary last year. The juicer worked fine for the first six months and I tried making orange juice, carrot juice, pineapple juice and many other fruit juices in this juicer. It was able to prepare the juice pulp within minutes and the result was a fine fruit pulp which was excellent in taste. I prepare a lot of fruit juices in the Summer season and so this product is used more than thrice a day. The first six months went smoothly but after that, the blades stopped working and I had to replace them. I still was not able to get the result as before and the juice pulp tasted sour and after about two months, the product completely stopped working.

The product can be cleaned easily and is dishwasher safe. The product came with a recipe booklet which is useful as many recipes are mentioned in the booklet and I tried almost 60% of those recipes. I later on replaced this product with another brand as this juicer gave way within eight months.

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Classic:

I originally bought this product for the health benefits I thought I would be gaining after watching the info commercial. Do not get sucked into the hype. I only used the product a few times and now it just sits up in the cabinet gathering dust. To start with on TV it shows that you do not have to peal or chop just put it in the juicer. This is misinformation when you read the instruction it tells you to chop up into smaller pieces and the pulp does not all gather in the bin that comes with the juicer. Cleaning is not all that easy either.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
The Pulp either sticks in side the juicer or goes into the attached collector bin. You will have some problem cleaning the unit to get all of the pulp removed. It can also clog up the dispenser for the juice itself

Stability While in Use
The machine itself is pretty stable while in use. Just know that you cannot put whole pieces of some fruits of veggies in and stated on the commercial. In some cases you will need to peal and chop before inserting into the machine.

You will need to disassemble the juicer to clean it properly. I have found this to not be an easy task. The pulp seams to sometimes go everywhere except where it is suppose to go.

I am guessing that is durable as I hardly use it due to the above mentioned reasons. I would also point out the rising cost of fruit and veggies to use in the machine make it less likely to be used.

Versatility/Number of Features
There are not that many features on the machine mostly it is just on and off switching.
There is the spout dispenser where the juice come out which can be lifted and a collection bin for the pulp.

From the outside the design is quit appealing. It is in the color white so it goes with the rest of my kitchen appliances.

• Versatility/Number of Features:

Awesome. I don't know how I lived without this.

from Rhinelander, WI

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Classic:

This juicer is awesome. The only reason I gave it an "8" is that you have to order the pulp container separate, otherwise you get pulp all over the counter, fridge, wall, etc. I have been trying to be healthier and this really helps with that. I have been juicing fruits and vegetables and using the pulp in muffins and quiches.

• Versatility/Number of Features:

Meets all my juicing needs

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Classic:

I find this juicer to be easy to assemble, use, clean and store. I've made a few exceptions below on specifics but otherwise it's uses at least 1x per week and is fast and functional.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
One cannot adjust the pulp size, but the pulp that is caught is not large or too small either.

Stability While in Use
Sturdy unit, doesn't rattle around or "walk" across the counter top. Never feels like it's going to tip over.

The most difficult part is the mesh, metal strainer part. Unless you have a kitchen sprayer or high pressure water to run through it, it takes a few minutes to get all the bits of fruit/veggie out, otherwise it's easy to take apart and clean.

The 7 rating is for the plunger, I find it to be of thin plastic and it's slipped out of my hand a few times and cracked when it fell, plus the top piece is loose and now water gets inside when I clean it. All the other parts are fully in tact and sturdy.

Versatility/Number of Features
Only a juicer, but a good one.

It's a juicer, I didn't buy it because it looked cool or fancy. It's white & blue and modern looking.

First Step to a Healthier Lifestyle

Comments about Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Classic:

After reading numerous success stories of people losing weight and getting healthier on a juice cleanse, I finally gave in and bought the Jack Lalanne Power Juicer. It has definitely been the first step to me getting healthier.

I love that this juicer is so easy to use. You do have to peel the citrus fruits before juicing, but other fruits can be thrown in without peeling. It's so quick and easy to make refreshing juices!

Stability While in Use
This juicer can get a little shaky when there are big chunks of fruit or vegetables in it. But I've never had a problem with anything going wrong while juicing.

Cleaning this juicer can get a little tedious. There are so many pieces to wash by hand, and the mesh strainer part is really difficult to get totally clean.

I've had this juicer for about 8 years now. I use it pretty regularly so it's gotten some good use. It's still working just as well as it did when I first bought it! There's a lifetime warranty too, just in case anything happens.