3.7

• Product Selection:
    • Product Pricing:
    • Customer Service:
    • Shipping and Returns:

I love James Cash Penney and his store!

I love shopping at JCPenney's!  They seem to have what I'm looking for at a price I can afford.I recently bought some new PJ's at Penney's.  The t-shirt top is tag-less (love that!) the pants are long (also a must have for me) the material is cotton (my fave!) and the set came with a free matching headband!  Who could ask for more?I have a JCPenney's reward Master Card that I use all the time because you get points when you buy things with it and they actually send you a $10 gift certificate when you reach a thousand points!  I don't have to request anything or make any calls they just send it to me.The best towels I ever bought were from Penney's, they have out lasted my Polo towels by years.Thumbs UP for Mr. Penney and his quality store!

JCPenney.com Offers A Wide Selection, but Watch Those Prices!

Consumers have plenty of choices when they decide to shop for clothing, home furnishings, etc. and there are many established retailers that lead the pack. One of the giants in retailing is a store that has been around a long time and is now popular as an online shopping destination. That store is J.C. Penney and its online presence is **JCPenney.com**. Let's take a closer look at this retail operation from a web site standpoint: **Online Store Commentary:** J.C. Penney is one of the world's most widely available retail stores with more than 1,000 locations in the USA and in many foreign countries. It ranks among the world's most recognized retail stores so it isn't surprising at all that JCPenney.com is also very popular. Like the physical location stores, JCPenney.com offers products like clothing, jewelry, household goods, furniture, and more. It basically offers exactly what you expect, with few surprises. I have used JCPenney.com a few times and one of my most recent purchases through this online store was for clothing,. I am generally reluctant to buy clothing online, but some types of clothing are safer to buy than others because it isn't that important too see the clothing, try on, etc.. One "safe" article of clothing is dress shirts. As long as you specify the correct neck size and length, dress shirts are a safe bet to purchase online because they generally all fit the same way. And JCPenney.com does offer some distinct advantages for online clothing purchases like dress shirts and other clothing products. The site offers not only the ability to see a larger view and to zoom in (features typical in other clothing sites) but also the ability to see alternative views. This is nice because it lets the consumer see the clothing from a different angle, making it easier to make a buying decision. The selection at JCPenney.com is pretty good and from browsing around a little bit, I noticed that most of the departments have a better selection than other web sites. The women's clothing section, for example, offers a good number of choices (more choices than the men's, which is typical of most stores, since they know women buy more clothing). The furniture section is also good and it is separated into different types of furniture to make it easier to find what you want. There is also a good amount of jewelry and other goods. Delivery from JCPenney.com is good, with the items arriving within the promised time frame. There is also an option to have your order shipped to a local J.C. Penney store and this can reduce the shipping costs. But this seems like a silly idea to me. If I'm shopping on- line, one of the main reasons (if not *the* main reason) I'm using the internet is to avoid having to go to a physical store to shop so I can't really see much value in using this option. In many instances, it would be less expensive to forgo the on- line order completely and purchase from a physical location store. Pricing is always an important consideration when deciding to shop on- line and one thing I can tell you about JCPenney.com is that the prices offered are not good *unless* there is a markdown price displayed. The good thing is, the majority of goods do, indeed, have a markdown price. There is also a sale- priced section that includes some great bargains on clothing and other merchandise.  **Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

JC Penney is a huge retail operation that operates a pretty good online store. I like the layout of the site and I have had no problem finding what I want. I don't like the base prices, shipping charges, and added taxes but I do like the speed of delivery and the wide selection. The site isn't perfect, but the pros outweigh the cons in my opinion, making JC Penney a good place to shop for clothing and other household goods.

Liz Claiborne 5" shorts

from Texas

Comments about JCPenney.com:

Loved the shirt, so I bought the shorts too. They are low waisted and fit me great. They were on sale, free shipping and used a $10.00 coupon.

I Shop And Shop And Shop Here Every Chance I Get

from tx

Comments about JCPenney.com:

I love JcPenny's. You can get your hair done inside the store and find some really cute clothes, shoes, bedding, and jeans at JcPenny's. I absolutely love their denim jeans with the rhinestones on the back pockets. There are so many styles and brands to choose from. Shop either online or in the store. They also have a salon in their stores. You can shop and get your hair done at the same place, which is impressive and quiet convenient. I even have their rewards card. The rewards card pays me back for shopping my favorite styles and brands at JcPenney, it's a win win for me. When I can't make it inside the store, they make it so easy to quickly find what I am looking for with the refined searching. I can pick up a outfit complete with shoes and accessories at a affordable price!!!

Not much variety

from Eustis, FL

Comments about JCPenney.com:

Things may have changed since the last time I shopped on jcpenney.com but I found that while they have great quality items, there really wasn't much variety to choose from compared to what I would find in the store, at least when it came to certain categories on the site such as clothing. I also find that they can be a bit pricey, even on items that are supposedly on sale. A plus that I did love about the site though that it was easy to navigate and I didn't have a hard time searching the site. I do love shopping on their website, and at J.C. Penney period, for bedding items though as they are of great quality.

The worst billing customer servoce

from Port Orange. Florida

Comments about JCPenney.com:

The worst customer/billing service ever.. Synchrony is the worst too.
You pay 3 times a month and still you get reported to the credit bureau.....They should learn from Victoria Secret or other credit cards out there

Poor Customer Service

from Pennsylvania

Comments about JCPenney.com:

Years long customer/cardholder JCPenney. Recent misunderstanding over $11.20 demonstrate to me JCP does not value me as a customer. Clearly this is not the average consumer/ family retailer as in previous years. I do not reccommend JCPenney, & absolutely avoid their card with Synchrony Bank.

Shopping from home

from MOneta, Va. ( Smith Mountain Lake)

Comments about JCPenney.com:

As a retired senior living more that 40 miles from the nearest Penny store, I find that their on-line ordering is just the best. Even if you make a mistake in ordering, it doesn't make any difference. Penny will pay for the return and give you full credit so you can't loose.
You can take advantage of any and all of the specials while in the comfort of home.

Order placed and order paid for with order #

from 60013

Comments about JCPenney.com:

I placed an order and paid for it via paypal. Got confirmation from both JCPenney and Paypal. A week later got an email from Paypal that the transaction was not completed due to no response from JCPenney. Contacted JCPenney customer service and informed that the order was cancelled, due to no product....this after a week of the order initiated and completed per online documentation. The item was to arrive by end of this week initially and now have to find alternative for use this weekend. This is very poor product/sales management for online inventory/response. At this time I am no longer using PCPenney for purchases and asking to cease emails from them.

Penney's Online Ordering Disappointing and Disorganized

from Seattle, WA

Comments about JCPenney.com:

I placed an order with the Penney.com web site in late November to be delivered to the Penney store I designated. The expected delivery date was to be the first week of December. As January approaches the tracking record for this item has not moved off "pending shipment" since the initial order date. When I called the 800 number the customer rep. couldn't offer any additional information on what was happening and suggested I call the store. The store rep. had no more knowledge about the situation and tried to assure me it was in transit and was probably held up by the delivery carrier somewhere by bad weather. I pointed out that "pending shipment" means the order has yet to be shipped. It has been given to no carrier. A second call to the 800 phone rep. advised me to go to the store and talk to the manager to cancel the order and be given a refund. I can understand reasons for shipping delays for one reason or another. What I find frustrating is that no one in the Penney organization can tell me what's happened to the order or the reason for the delay. This the 2nd time I've used the online ordering and it will be the last.

JC Penney.com is a huge disappointment

from Bluffton, SC

Comments about JCPenney.com:

I placed an order on 12/18 for a Christmas gift. Order clearly stated item would be delivered 12/21-12/24. Checked on it today (12/23) and the order hasn't even been received by UPS! Called the customer service line. They send orders to UPS via another delivery service...and only work weekdays. I reminded him that this is the Christmas season - didn't they work the last weekend prior to Christmas to get orders out - and he said no....Seriously - what retailer doesn't add extra hours and staff to meet Christmas needs. I will NEVER shop JC Penny again - not online or in a store...now I understand why your company is in financial trouble - you just don't care about the customer....

mixed feelings

from Traverse city, MI

Comments about JCPenney.com:

I love this store and it has great people working there, however there is a girl in the Traverse city store that is named Rachel Anderson that posts a lot of complaints about her co-workers on her Facebook and it is really demeaning and sad to see her say things like that especially when (I don't know the whole story) but it seems she just assumes and complains about the people she works with and co-workers that may not show up that day. I hope she never has an emergency and is spoken about that way. Sad because it is a great store, I enjoy shopping there!