1.9

1.9

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:

I didn't know all of this was possible

This is definetely somethng new and unseen before.Why no one's done this before? You have everythng under 1 roof. The idea is that if you like one activity or interest then here you can find all places in the world where you can do that. For instance wine tasting, or whale watching, or skiing, and you can read clear descriptions of what you book - not like buying out of a catalogue.Can't wait for my next trip to Europe to book some if this stuff.

Avoid Isango at all costs

I have had a very negative experience with Isango... I booked a tour a couple of days ago... Then last night called to get assistance with technical difficulties with logging into my account... In the process of asking for the man to send me a copy of my receipt.. He told me that my tour (which I had received confirmation had been cancelled)... I had not previously been advised of this... No phone, no email from Isango to advise... I wonder if I had not called re: technical issue if I would only have found out when in Paris and the tour did not go ahead... Resulting in me having no options to rebook with someone more reliable... When I asked the indian gentleman to put me onto his supervisor, he said, "Can you wait a moment?" Then in the background I can hear an english-speaking (maybe Australian) man saying, "tell her she can have her money back"... So then the indian man on the phone further infuriated me by telling me it was "it's alright... I understand... What I can do is give you a refund but that will take a couple of days"... What he can do for me? That is the very least Isango should do and then to take a couple of days to get my money back to me after their stuff up... How rude.. And as for the supervisor I am absolutely disgusted!!! I went on to ask the indian man to put me onto his supervisor but he said that his supervisor was unavailable but that he could see if his supervisor could call me back when he was available... No call has been received as yet....Additionally, tried to send an email re: my dissappointment re: this whole situation but when I hit sent through the Isango website my complaint email bounced back to my email, as undeliverable ("message delivery failure")... I would totally avoid Isango in the future... Further, noticed that Dan from Isango has said in this thread that he would like to sort this all out... Well this has not been my experience of the philosophy of Isango...

I am heading off on my trip this morning and am nervous that all the other things I booked through Isango will fall through... Really stressing... Next time will book through a reputable company...

Please stay away from this company at all costs!

from Australia

Comments about Isango.com:

I would give this company zero stars if i could. They made a mistake with their prices on their website yet expect the customer to pay for their gross mistake which was NOT rectified until SEVERAL DAYS AFTER which is a huge inconvenience as other things had already been booked in line with this. They ignore what you send them messages and will leave you with less than you started with. Their customer service is deplorable. Please pay more for a reputable company.

Stay away at all costs!!!

from Essex

Comments about Isango.com:

We booked a river cruise, dinner and moulin rouge tickets through them, After receiving a confirmation e mail i received a phone call telling me that it was no longer available on the date i booked but could have the day before. I agreed and began making payment over the phone for the amended booking. They then proceeded to ask for all my card details (which i expect) but then they wanted my sort code and account number!!! when i queried this they told me it was part of their 3D security. I ended the call and phoned my bank to check. They informed me that under no circumstances should i ever be asked for all this information and advised me to stay away from the company.

Don't be tempted

from Venice

Comments about Isango.com:

I booked a tour in Venice through these guys 2 days ago and, despite receiving a confirmation email, our group turned up at the advised meeting point tonight only to be turned away by the provider because we were not on on the confirmed list...go figure! Not a single email to advise otherwise! Not happy!!

Jeep safari 'Gran canaria' ISANGO IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER

from Jeep safari tour Gran canaria

Comments about Isango.com:

I booked this safari through isango and didn't receive my voucher I had to email and email them for this which I ended up receiving weeks later whilst in Gran canaria.. Everytime I emailed someone different replied. When i received the voucher there was no specific meeting point or time so I emailed them again for this which I received the NIGHT BEFORE the tour, during our back n fourth emails about the meeting point they had no clue where my hotel was even though I had sent them the full address incl postcode! This was stressful bearing in mind I was on holiday in a country that I did not know!
Isango then emailed me and confirmed 2pm at my hotel. We waited & waited until 3, I then called the contact number on my email to be told by isangos partnering company that the safari guys were stuck in traffic they will be there soon so I waited again till 3.30pm and called again to be told that I basically won't be going on the safari as the guys were waiting for us and we didn't turn up so its now too late!!!!! We had been given the wrong meeting point by isango , the meeting point was Infact 10 minutes from our hotel.. We was extremely upset & annoyed to say the least as this trip was for my partners birthday.. They had ruined our day!

We then went back upto our hotel room and we got a call from isangos partnering company explaining the safari guy was on his way to pick us up from our hotel in 5mins so we went back down and waited another 30MINS & the guy arrived. I asked him what had happened to which he couldn't even understand me as he didn't speak english(although we had booked an English tour)!
When we arrived at the tour with lots of Other people waiting for us we was spoken to like idiots and embarrassed by the tour group leader, he asked us where we had been and that they was all waiting for us!! I told him we was told the wrong info, He didn't believe us it was so embarrassing.
I complained as soon as I got home & A month Later I was given a 50% refund.Joke

Terrible!

from United Kingdom

Comments about Isango.com:

Went to Iceland and had paid for the northern lights tour, the whale watching tour and the golden circle tour! Was told an hour before the whale watching tour it had been cancelled due to weather! I then phoned a girl at Isango and she clearly told me that I could either do the tour again on the Monday (2 days later) or recieve a full refund! Due to leaving on Monday we couldn't attend that one and I said I'd like the full refund and they emailed back asking for my reference number which was fine! 2 weeks later there is still no sign of the £112 refund back in my account so I emailed to ask where the refund is and I was then told by 'Tushar' that, "Unfortunately we will not be able to cancel the booking on the date of the tour." I then told them how bad it was that I wasn't being given the money for a trip I didn't even get to go on for 'Aahaan' to reply,
"Unfortunately You requested us to cancel your tour on the day of the tour taking place and hence according to our cancellation policy which i believe was informed to you about before making this booking states that we are not allowed to give you a refund on such a short notice.
we deeply regret the inconvenience caused. "..I didn't cancel the trip, the trip was cancelled and I was told I was able to get a full refund. Absolute joke! Couldn't even put me on to a manager just passed me on to different people each time to email. Very disappointed as the other trips were good. Will not be using again

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE,

from Kent. UK

Comments about Isango.com:

Despite paying in full and receiving vouchers from Isango, when it came to actually going on their pre-booked tours in Iceland, we had not been booked on one so could not go and the other had been cancelled, despite us checking the night before and again one hour before that it was going ahead and hiring a car and travelling for two hours in a snowstorm to get there. All in all, one and a half days of our five day trip ruined. Still battling for a full refund owed three weeks later. We have asked that one manger deal with our complaint and yet we STILL keep getting e-mails from numerous members of staff.
This company have no idea and simply do not care about the impact their mistakes have on it's customers holidays.

Never use this company!

from Wales

Comments about Isango.com:

I booked a shuttle tour from Rome to Pompeii and was impressed with the price as well as what the tour entailed. I received confirmation and the money left my account the next day. I was enquiring about the price for the optional add-on for the tour and this is where things started to go wrong! First of all I was told no such add-on existed and after being contacted by 4 different people I was finally told the tour was not running on the day I had booked for! I phoned the helpline and was told the tour might be full and that it takes them 72 hours to contact the operators in Rome. However, it only took them 24 hours to take my money! I was absolutely disgusted that I had paid for something that was not even confirmed. As far as I am concerned the money should only be taken once everything is 100% confirmed. I also checked the availability for the day I had booked and the website STILL said places were available - I hope no one else handed over their money for something they will not get! Terrible company and I expect the money to be returned to me in full as quickly as it was taken away!

Isango pricing scam......

Comments about Isango.com:

After finding a deal on disneyland Paris tickets on their website, I phoned up to check what the difference was in pricing. I was directed to an Indian call centre that told me there was a mistake in the website. She refused to be of any further assistance. When I asked to speak to a manager, he continued to argue quite aggressively about the fact that I was wrong and he was right. Basically their pricing on their website was faulty and he would not uphold the price I had. If I hadn't have phoned, the tickets would have been invalid on the gate - £130 worth! I will never use this company, its a sham and the customer services is the worst I have ever spoken to.

As above - completely awful

Features
Useless!!!

Disgraceful!!

Nile River Dinner Cruise: Fraud and Rip Offs

Comments about Isango.com:

We are from NYC and wanted to visit Egypt and go on the Nile River Dinner Cruise.
This group ripped us off by saying that are the lowest price guaranteed. First, they are not. Second, they charged my 5 and 7 year olds the same price as an adult. They claim this is on their website. But they also claim that they have the lowest price guaranteed. They are a bunch of liars and I genuinely ask you to beware of them. If you want dinner cruises or anything in Egypt, go with Emo Tours. They are genuine and give even better service than Isango.

Not fully explain why 5 and 7 year olds are charged the same adult prices.

Customer Service
When called, not much they can do.

Don't waste your money!

Comments about Isango.com:

Don't bother booking anything with this company. We booked two things in Dubai, the Burj Khalifa and a Dinner Show Cruise. The email confirming the Burj Khalifa tour had one time on it, the tickets when we picked them up at the venue had an earlier time so we were not allowed in. Rang Isango who were not interested. The Dinner cruise was a nightmare too. Taxi driver arranged by local tour adviser for Isango was given the wrong address and dropped us on the wrong bank of the river. We only found out when we couldn't find the boat we were meant to be booked on. A helpful local rang the company and eventually they got the taxi driver back. Just caught the cruise, everyone was really annoyed with us as we held the boat up. We ended up with the worst seats and missed the welcome photo etc. Complete waste of money!

Customer Service
The help line person was completely disinterested.