Other Misc. Exercise Equipment:

Iron Gym Xtreme Total Upper Body Workout Bar

Pros

Cons

Great for upper body Workout

The Iron Gym total body workout bar Extreme edition is awesome and you can have a full upper body workout with this equipment. The best thing about this equipment is you will get very good results since you will be using your own weight for resistance. Its so easy to setup and use. You can take anywhere you want to just put it in your car trunk and you are all set and its very versatile. I can pull my legs up fast for less impact or slow for greater impact add ankle weights for more impact as well as twist while raising my knees to my chest to get the side upper and lower abdominal muscles. I have seen results in no time and I would absolutely recommend this euipment. The cost of this is neglible when compared to your life time upperbody workout. Just go for it!!!!

Convienient

As a woman who needs to improve upper body strength, I've found this to be a great tool. Good new is, it works for both your upper body and your abs. I found it great that it is such a simple thing and yet so versatile. A fun trick is to do a few pullups every time you walk through that room, if you are someone who doesn't have an hour to commit to a solid workout. The best thing about it is it is so tiny and hangs above the door frame so it is always out of the way and not some bulky piece of equipment taking up space. I actually forget its there when walking through the house sometimes. The problem is, that if you are a beginner, or a woman with no upperbody strength, you'll need either a spotter or a large excecise ball to help you until you can pull yourself up on your own. I think this would be better for someone who is accustomed to doing pullups already, and it is definitely aimed more at men than women, however, it does a lot for what it is and its affordablilty.

Set up is easy and quick

from Elk Grove, CA

About Me Casual/ Recreational

Pros

• Easy Storage
  • Easy To Set Up
  • Easy To Use
  • Strengthens
  • Sturdy

Cons

• Strength Training

Comments about Iron Gym Xtreme Total Upper Body Workout Bar:

I really enjoy using this upper body workout bar. It is so easy to put in place at a doorway and start doing chin-ups. I feel that I am gaining more muscle in my arms and back, and I can definitely feel the burn. This product is very sturdy, I never worry about lifting my full weight on to the bar. It is also easy to take down and store. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that is trying to build muscle mass, or in strength training or general fitness.

• Was this a gift?:

Wow! It's better than I thought!

Comments about Iron Gym Xtreme Total Upper Body Workout Bar:

My husband bought the Iron Gym Xtreme Total Upper Body Workout Bar because he was determined to get fit. This decision originated from my sudden desire to get in shape, and he followed suite. Unfortunately, he never even unpacked this bar from the box, so six months later I decided to pull it out and set it up. I was surprised at how challenging it is to use, but also at how effective it was. The following day after I used this bar, my muscles were sore, and after two weeks my friends began to ask what I was doing for my upper body, and complimented my arms. I love how easy it is to fit in to my schedule, and how it doesn't take up practically any space. I would highly recommend this bar, you can fit your upper body workout in even if you only have five minutes!

Anytime fitness

Comments about Iron Gym Xtreme Total Upper Body Workout Bar:

The pull up and its variations are some of the best upper body workouts you can do to increase muscle size and resistance strength. The iron gym pull up bar allows you to perform these tasks whenever it is convenient and in whatever doorway your choose. Definitely great for the pad.

How has no one thought of this earlier

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Iron Gym Xtreme Total Upper Body Workout Bar:

The functionality of this product can easily be seen just by looking at a photo of it. Instead of having to look for a sturdy enough bar in my house to support my weight and attempt to to a pull up, I can just hang this up in any doorframe in my house. The bar fits around any doorframe and can support any weight, its simple physics and static equilibrium. The results of this product can be seen almost immediately (as long as you actually use it and dont let it just sit there). I am currently a sophomore in college and it fits great in the doorframe of my closet and doesnt take up any room. I would recommend this product to anyone who is committed to becoming physically stronger and healthier, because its always easier when the equipment is right in your house!

works great without damaging your door

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Iron Gym Xtreme Total Upper Body Workout Bar:

I purchased the Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar Extreme Edition because I was doing P90X. I was a bit skeptical about it at first. I'm used to working out at a gym where I use machines to do pull ups, sit ups, push ups, dips and crunches. Usually I'm never worried since the machines are usually bolted to the floor. But this device works perfectly...just like gym equipments.

This device turned my bedroom door into a personal gym. The best thing about it is that it wraps around my door frame and uses leverage so there are no screws and no damage to my door. This also allows me to move it around from one door to another.

It can be used for many exercises like pull-ups, sit ups, push ups, dips and crunches. I use it for pull-ups, crunches and push up. I usually used a chair for dips because I can go lower but its good for dips if you're a beginner. It's great for crunches because it holds your legs and place and provide support when needed.

For the amount you'd pay for a device that would allow you to do as many exercises, this is a steal!

Iron Gym Extreme will get you in extreme shape.

from Springfield, NH

Comments about Iron Gym Xtreme Total Upper Body Workout Bar:

I ordered one of these after seeing the infomercial. I have always loved doing pullups because they will get you stronger faster than almost any other exercise. Pullups and pushups are all you really need to do to get in shape because they both work so many different muscles. What I love about this is you don't have to use any screws or anything to mount it on the wall. You just put it over the door frame and it stays there and is ready to use. It doesn't mess up the doors or the walls and it works great. You can also do pushups on it with different grips which will really work your chest and triceps, especially when you use the military style handgrips. This is a great workout device. It doesn't take up much space so you can take it down and stick it in the corner or in the closet when you're not using it, and when you're ready to exercise it takes about 2 seconds to put back up on the door and start using.

Great for upper body Workout

from Austin, TX

Simple and Great!

from Daytona Beach, FL

Comments about Iron Gym Xtreme Total Upper Body Workout Bar:

If you're looking to build some upper body strength in the comfort of your home for a low cost, this is the perfect equipment. With hopes to get into the P90X craze, I thought this bar would be useful. It was definitely useful for some of the parts that needed a chin up bar, but I ended up using this bar more on its own. It fits perfectly in the doorways and doesn't ruin the walls. The only problem I had was a little bit of the black rubbing off on white paint. It was easy to rub off though. The bar is sturdy and useful for toning muscles by using body weight. It can also be used for ab work, though I have not used it for that as much. The grips are also very soft for your hands, unlike metal pull up bars in the gym. Since it is used in the doorway, you don't ruin a wall by with shoe marks and such. It is also great for push ups! All around, I would recommend this bar if you're looking for overall toning using body weight. If you're looking for big bulky muscles, this is probably not the best way to do it, unless you have weights to use in addition to the use of this bar.

Convienient, as it should be

from Vista, CA

Comments about Iron Gym Xtreme Total Upper Body Workout Bar:

I bought this after using my roommates for a while, and I loved that I could practice chinups without going to the gym. It is safe and won't destroy your doorframe: just be warned that you might have to wash a bit of black residue off, if the paint job is bad. Also, the grips are a little softer than I'd like, but that is just because I am a fan of thick grips and callouses and if you are a woman, this can actually be a plus for you.

This is great at doing neutral grip pullups, and regular chinups (wrists facing you), but I wish this could work for medium or wide grip pullups, which everything should use as a variation to chinups.

You better be comfortable exercises with others watching, because if you want to use this and someone is home, it doesnt stop me, although it could make some uncomfortable. This comes with the territory of homeexercise equipment, and if you bought a dip/wide pullup station, this would be a brilliant accompanyment.

The Iron Gym gives you a good workout

from Franksville, WI

Comments about Iron Gym Xtreme Total Upper Body Workout Bar:

The Iron Gym is a good pull-up bar.  Very easy to set up and very compact.  It's nice to be able to put this in any door way to get a good quick workout in.

The only downside that I sometimes had a problem with was if the doorway is sometimes to thin.  This may not be a problem to some people but occasionally I would hit my elbows on the frame or bump it and I just didn't like that.