3.9

Irish Spring Deodorant Soap - Original

3.9

Pros

Cons

I have missed my Irish Spring.

My wife can only use ivory soap because her skin is so sensitive so I just stopped buying Irish Spring soap for myself and just use ivory with her. I really enjoyed the smell of it while showering so I guess now that I can longer smell anything, I will not miss this as much anymore. If you can smell this stuff always smells great even when there is only a little sliver of it left and it always left me felling refreshed and very clean. Ivory gets me clean but does not give me that refreshed feeling so I will still continue to miss that part of it. Maybe I will just buy some anyway, it is not like she is deathly allergic to it just that it would irrate her skin if I used it on her but since Ivory is always snow white and this stuff is always green, I can not get them mixed up. So I think I just talked myself into going to buy at least a bar for me. As long as she has ivory for her to use , she wont really care anyway.

Colgate Palmolive Irish Spring Soap is just okay. It's drying!

Colgate Palmolive Irish Spring Soap is just okay because it is "very drying".  When I use it I find that it dries out my skin, after just one use.  It might work well on skin that is really oily but if you've got normal to dry skin, this soap might be too much on it.  The scent of this soap smells good but it is magnificently strong, almost overpowering sometimes, depending on how much you use.  I do like the way it lathers.  It can lather up a friendly storm, depending on how much you use at one time.  I like the color of this soap because it is quite pretty.  I think this soap is more suited for a man than for a woman.  Maybe that's because of the way that I think it smells super strong.  The (3-PACk) will last you for several months to come.  When you use Irish Spring Soap on a washcloth or with a sponge, it becomes outrageously soapy, but in a good way.  I like the eye-gazing packaging that this product comes in and I like the designs as well.  The price of this product is fair.  It's pretty inexpensive, but that's good because of the way that it may dry your skin.  I would have to give this product a "5.5", if I were to rate it on a scale of "1-10".  If you want a soap that will dry out your skin because your skin is oily, you just might like "Colgate Palmolive Irish Spring Soap".

I will pass on this soap

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Irish Spring Deodorant Soap - Original:

The Irish Spring Deodorant soap was not my cup of tea. It does do the job of lathering up, cleaning your body and rinsing off. My problem was the scent and the way my skin felt after using it. First of all it doesn't smell good. The scent is overpowering. This is definitely more of a male scent, but even then there are other men's soaps out there that smell better. My husband and kids would use this, but it wasn't their favorite scent at all. The other thing that I didn't like about it was the way that it dried my skin out. I already have sensitive skin and skin problems. I didn't need the extra irritation to it. It tightened my skin, dried it out and made it itchy. I am not a fan. It is an inexpensive soap, but there are other inexpensive soaps out there that work much better. I would spend your money somewhere else or on a different bar of soap.

It is effective in getting your skin clean. It suds up and rinses off well.

I do not like this scent. It is too overpowering. Even if a guy was using it I wouldn't like the scent on them.

Wish I Wasn't Allergic to It

Comments about Irish Spring Deodorant Soap - Original:

I tried some Original Irish Spring Deodorant Soap on the recommendation of a family member who had tried it, and had gotten some good results while using it, but things did not work out so well for me.

True, it did do an excellent job of cleaning my skin, as well as having a nice scent, but counterbalancing that was a fairly major drawback that forced me to look elsewhere for soap, and prevents me from recommending it to anyone.

Specifically, there was something in it that I had an allergic reaction to, causing me to suffer rashes on several parts of my body every time I used it, including some rather unpleasant ones in my armpits. Needless to say, I stopped using the Irish Springs after a couple tries. As whatever ingredient that I was allergic to does not seem to be present in other brands of soap, I have moved on to use those, and this brand is the only one I have had an allergic reaction to.

The Irish Springs was very effective in cleaning my skin and doing away with any unpleasant odors, but that was not worth suffering the allergic reactions it caused me.

The scent was very nice, being fresh and clean, if a bit overpowering from the bar (but not on me while using it.)

Classic clean

Comments about Irish Spring Deodorant Soap - Original:

I love this bar soap because it always delivers a great clean feeling and has done so for the many years I have used it. It is the best bar soap I have found for shaving because the lather is milky and smooth and helps me avoid cutting myself or getting razor burn. The lather is great and feels great on my hands. It does not dry out my skin or make my skin feel tight. I even use this skin on my toddler who has sensitive skin and it does not irritate his skin at all. I also use this soap as a hand soap because it feels good and you can quickly wash your hands with it and the soap rinses off quickly without leaving a film or needing to rewash.

Very dependable in that it doesn't dry out my skin but still makes it feel clean. I will use this soap for a long time.

The scent is not ideal for me because it is not fruity or modern but I like that it is a classic scent that I recognize when I smell it on someone else.

Fresh and clean Scent

Comments about Irish Spring Deodorant Soap - Original:

I would give this soap a ten, but I find it it's not really geared for women, in my opinion. Now don't get me wrong, women can definitely use this soap, but it will leave you smelling like a clean, fresh manly type. We have a bulk pack of Irish Spring in our house, so you know it gets used. I like to use it for hand washing, especially after a dirty job, like working with meats or cutting fish, this soap will certainly make your hands fresh. I just don't feel it's a moisturizing soap that would be good for your body. It does lather up well and you can't deny that amazing scent it has, I just feel it's not great for all over the body. It is economical and you can buy it in a single bar, a three pack, or we buy in bulk from our warehouse club since the males in my family use it daily. It lasts a long time, seems like there is always a small piece in the soap dish, and being thrifty I have combined small pieces to make it last even longer. A nice, great smelling soap, that leaves an amazing scent on your hands! Bring out your inner Irish today!

Irish Spring Deodorant Soap

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Irish Spring Deodorant Soap - Original:

I bought a three pack of Irish Spring Deodorant Bar Soap and was not happy at all when I got home. I took the plastic wrap off holding the three boxes together and was immediately flooded with a very strong, perfume type scent. It burned my nose. I really didn't need to use any other type of room freshener. After taking a bar out of its box, the scent did become less strong. I used a wet washcloth with this bar soap. The soap did lather quickly on the washcloth. The scent was a little strong in the shower for me though. The soap got my skin clean, but I was left with a dry yet waxy feeling. It was very odd. There was a strong enough of a scent left on my skin that I could not use any perfume or body spray because it would have clashed. The bar of soap started to separate into layers, drying out as it sat waiting for each subsequent use. The scent of the soap also started fading as time went by.

Green is my favorite color!!

from Orange County, Ca

Comments about Irish Spring Deodorant Soap - Original:

Irish Spring original soap has been my favorite soap to use on my body for quite some time. I have used other leading brands, such as Zest. I recently tried Zest, with an ocean scent. I wanted to compare it with Irish Spring. My skin was itching me throughout the day. So annoying! I took another shower with Irish Spring original soap on the same day. My itchiness was gone. Irish Spring doesn't have such a strong scent added like Zest Ocean Breeze. Irish Spring original is not expensive as compared to the other leading brands. I usually find coupons in the Sunday newspaper. I would suggest to use the soap for adults only. The chemicals might be too harsh for little people.

The bar of soap is long lasting. I replace the Irish Spring bar soap bi-weekly.

The scent for Irish Spring original soap is not too harsh. It provides the feeling that I want co workers and friends telling me how fresh I smell! No need for expensive perfume or body spray, when you have Irish Spring original soap!

Can't Beat the Scent

Comments about Irish Spring Deodorant Soap - Original:

My household is very generic and store brand friendly. But, soap isn't something I will budge on. My girlfriend says I am more scent and texture conscious than any guy she has ever met , and maybe she's right. How can you beat this scent though - it's literally the smell of clean! It's one of those cheap and easy staples that I don't even think about until it's not there. Even though it has Irish in the name, to me it's an "All American" product. You use it because your parents did and there parents before them.

Choosing Irish Spring is more than simple habit though. In addition to the smell, it also works. I work on ferry boats... most days I come home sweating from being down in hot engine rooms or full of grease from mucking about with electrical parts or both. I can ditch the uniform, hop in the shower, and come out feeling and smelling squeaky clean.

It seems that the soap is normally used by majorly males - you ladies tend toward the flower smelling stuff - however I don't think it is a overwhelming manly scent. And I have never been around an actual Irish Spring, but if it is anything like the soap, I would want to bathe in that too.

Got a major rash from Irish Spring

Comments about Irish Spring Deodorant Soap - Original:

I love the smell of this soap, and it would be nice to be able to use once in a while. But it gave me a serious blotchy rash all over my body after showering with it. The first time this happened was years ago, so I figured it might be a fluke or an instance of hypersensitivity. Then I tried it again at the gym, using a trial sized courtesy bar of soap that they offer when you forget your own. Within five minutes of toweling off, the blotchiness returned. Obviously everyone is different, but if you have sensitive skin, I would not risk trying the Irish Spring. It also leaves a film, and I had to re-shower at home just to actually feel clean and be sure the allergens were off me.

Leaves a film. I had to re-wash with a different soap because of my allergic reaction.

I must admit it does smell pretty. Wish I could use it. While I can't put it on my skin, I could always put an unwrapped bar in my closet or dresser drawer so the bright scent could linger on my clothing.

It smells very refreshing and leaves me feeling tingly clean.

from West Virginia

Comments about Irish Spring Deodorant Soap - Original:

I used to be particular about my soap thinking that I had to have brands that said they moisturized, had fancy packaging, and that had brightly colored packaging. Now I've realized that there are other soaps out there that are cheaper and just as effective.

This particular soap is a bit masculine smelling but I love it. It is green so I figure it has some dyes in it. That's a little disappointing. It also has some fragrances added to it but that's one reason I like it.

The soap gets a really good lather. It even gives the skin a slight tingle which I really like. I come out of the shower actually feeling clean. I also smell clean. I kind of smell like a guy but I would rather smell masculine and fresh than sweaty and grimy like the restaurant I work in.

My experience with this soap is that it doesn't dry me out, it leaves me smelling great, and it lathers up great.

The only changes I would make in this soap is making it more natural. I wish it had less unnatural fragrances and unnatural dyes in it. Overall though, I feel clean after using this. It lathers up and helps remove the dirt and oil from my skin. It leaves behind a nice tingle and a great scent. And the bar of soap is green, which just makes it more fun to use.

It has a great scent. It smells masculine but I don't mind.

Irish Spring Deodorant Soap - I recommend it,.. with caution!

Comments about Irish Spring Deodorant Soap - Original:

Irish Spring Deodorant Soap has been in my family for what feels like decades! I would describe it as more of a unisex soap mainly because it is less sweet smelling than some soaps. But the fragrance is not so manly that I wouldn't use it and it is not so highly fragranced that my husband won't use it. If you're not into buying deodorant or antiperspirants, this is the soap for you because it is powerful but at the end of the day, it is still just a soap. It lathers wells and produces an impressive array of bubbles quickly. It cleans remarkably well considering it is an about-average priced bar of soap but now for the drawbacks. My youngest son suffers from dry skin and even worse, eczema and this soap does not help to keep his skin moisturized. It strips his skin of all natural oils and whilst it does leave his skin very clean, it also leaves him itchy, irritated and dry. My husband thinks this is the best soap on earth but my son would have to disagree!