3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

Irish Spring-For A Clean Smell And Clean Body One Can't Go Wrong

When looking for a bar soap I want one that will get me clean, has a clean scent, and made by a well known company. Thats why I decided to try Irish Spring bar soap with Aloe for a clean pick me up feeling. Irish Spring has been on the market for years. I remember using this when I was a kid. The green bars give a colorful reminder of the green grass and the clean smell goes along with that. They also help your skin to keep the moisture in.

Each is a 3.2 ounce bar and I got this in a two pack. I like to keep one in my shower so there is a choice for that occassion when you may want a shower or a bath. The soap will lighten in color as it is used, but am not sure why. This don't seem to effect the product in any way and it still will clean your skin gently. No need to worry about any roughness with this soap. These bars will also get a nice lather going for you if you desire.I would recommend this bar soap.

**Made in the USA  by Colgate- Palmolive Company in Ny.Ny.**

Sorry Deer, I Just Can't Stand The Smell

It all started when the deer were making mincemeat out of the trees and bushes in our yard in the winter and early spring. That left us with severely stunted trees and bushes with reduced harvest of fruit.

A very wise neighbor suggested that we use Irish Spring to hang in our trees to keep the deer away. I ran to the store where I purchased a four pack of Irish Spring with Aloe, as it was the only one in stock. I was desperate.

**What Is Irish Spring With Aloe Like?**

Irish Spring Soap with Aloe is a green and white swirled bar of soap with a very outdoorsy yet intense smell that is man friendly. The feeling of the soap is very lathery when used, and the scent often lasts for quite some time after taking a shower.

**How Did My Family Like This Soap?**

I went to get the Irish Spring with Aloe to put in our trees, but it was gone. I looked all over the house, and finally when asking my husband, his reply was, "Thanks, hon. How did you know I had been wanting some of that stuff?"

I laughed out loud. My husband and son at the time were working very dirty and intensely physical jobs, which left them smelling and greasy. Irish Spring was their solution to cut the grime and bring a nice smell into their lives to make it less difficult when working.

So, I gave up on the tree idea and began to buy Irish Spring With Aloe for my husband and son.

**Back To Deer Again**

After a while, I began to notice the build up of Irish Spring with Aloe in our supply closet. When inquiring about it, my husband said that it left his skin too dry and itchy so he stopped using it. My son, who really needed the grease fighting and fragrance for heavy smells during his job informed me that it was not his favorite soap due to making him itchy, but he really hated the smell.

I had never met anyone who hated the smell of Irish Spring soap!

So, back to the deer- it was chopped in half, drilled with a hole and hung in our trees. It does work to keep the deer away. Perhaps they are related to my son.

As I said above, my husband and son found that it cleaned, but left their skin too stripped and itchy, especially in winter.

My husband loves the scent- so he is a 5. My son hates the son so his vote is 1. The deer avoid the scent so they give it a 1. I love that the deer hate the scent so I give it a 5. The average? 3.

Good soap would use it again

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about Irish Spring Aloe Deodorant Soap:

I have used this soup a couple of times and I have to say it is a very good. When I used the soap it made my skin soft and clean, and it also kept my skin clean for hours, not like other soaps which does not have a long lasting scent.

The deodorant soap is a very good soap it makes my skin very clean, after hours of use you can still fell how clean your skin is.

Not Amazing, but Works for the Price

Comments about Irish Spring Aloe Deodorant Soap:

Irish Spring is a good soap, not great but good. My husband really likes it, it tends to leave my skin a little dry sometimes even though we get the Aloe kind. I have really sensitive skin though and my husband does not and the soap doesn't dry his skin out. I have Keratosis Pilaris really bad on my arms and if I scrub hard with the soap it makes it worse so I avoid using it on my arms, but otherwise it works well. I like the scent, it's not too strong and it smells fresh and clean without being overpowering. It tends to leave horrible soap scum all over the shower and tub so I have to make sure to wipe it down every day. Each bar lasts for about a week or more too even with me and my husband using it everyday so we aren't constantly buying soap. I'm willing to pay the lower price and put up with some of the things I don't like as much about it since it works okay for what I'm willing to pay for it.

Not for sensitive skin

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Irish Spring Aloe Deodorant Soap:

I had bought this soap when it was on sale and I had a coupon. I like to try new products, and especially when I can buy them for a good price. I liked the way this soap smelled and really thought it would work great. It did not. I noticed that my skin was very dry after using this and lotion would soak in my skin very fast. This product was really drying out my skin. I was surprised that it would cause skin to dry out seeing that the product contained aloe. My husband also used this soap in the shower and had the same results. I felt like this product really irritated and dried out our skin. We both have sensitive skin, but usually do not see any side effects from bar soap. I just think this product isn't one of the best and can cause skin to become dry and itchy.

My skin felt clean and refreshed after using this product and the smell was nice, but it was really caused my skin to dry out. I was not impressed with this soap.

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Irish Spring Aloe Deodorant Soap:

This product is very much like the original except the aloe added. The aloe is much easier on the skin and still has that great outdoors scent . The aloe seems to leave my skin much softer than the original. It's every bit as effective as a deodorant as well. Some other similar soaps have caused me to itch terribly. i have never had issues with this product from a reaction standpoint.

As always, this brand lives up to it's name and advertising. This is a great product or it wouldn't still be being sold. A lot of people use this product for good reason. It works. There is nothing better than waking up in the morning and showering with this soap. It literally wakes me up and makes me feel great when I leave the house.

This is one of the dew masculine soap scents I really like. It's been around a long time and my guess is it will be here a long time to come. The scent is unlike any other and I hope this product is around for a long time.

Even with aloe, still dried out my skin!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Irish Spring Aloe Deodorant Soap:

I purchased this particular bath soap on vacation, with a coupon, because it was really cheap after all the discounts. I was, unfortunately, VERY disappointed with this product. I love the scent of Irish Spring. I have always associated the scent of this product with being clean. I stopped using it before because it dried out my skin so badly. This one was no different, even though I thought it would be because it boasted that it was made with "aloe". After using it once, I could feel a kind of scum on the surface of my skin, as though the soap did not completely wash off. Even after the first time using it, I could feel my skin drying out. I use a fair amount of lotion on a daily basis, but I had to use even more because of this soap really taking all of the moisture out of my skin. I will not be using this product again or recommending it to anyone for any reason, no matter how cheap it is.

Irish Spring Aloe Deodorant Soap Review

from Georgia

Comments about Irish Spring Aloe Deodorant Soap:

Irish Spring Aloe Deodorant Soap is a soap that my grandfather made me try one day. I have very sensitive skin, unlike my grandfather, and when I washed with this product, my skin burned and had red marks all over it. The scent of the soap can be quite sickening for it can be too strong but I typically don't mind it. This soap dries my skin out really badly and leaves me itching for hours with painful rashes on my skin. I would not recommend Irish Spring Aloe Deodorant Soap unless you have really tough skin. This soap doesn't work well on my skin type and it makes my skin look quite blotchy. I have oily skin already so to have a soap that dries our my skin to the extent it does is unheard of. It makes my acne worse. It starts by drying out my zits and skin altogether and then making it leak oil hours later, causing more pimples and bumps. I do not suggest you use Irish Spring Aloe Deodorant Soap if you have dry skin either. If it can tear my oily skin as it does, I can only imagine what it does to dry skin. The scent is very strong after using the soap and quite sickening after a while.

Manly soap with a strong scent

Comments about Irish Spring Aloe Deodorant Soap:

My parents bought this soap when I was growing up, so it reminds me of my childhood. But it is too harsh on my sensitive skin. My boyfriend likes it because it has a strong smell, but I think it smells almost like Comet cleanser and that is extremely off-putting to me. I think the smell is acrid, and I don't need a particularly potent product, this is overkil for me. The only layers on my skin are natural oils and I want to keep those. I would use it on my hands after gardening or crafting or working on my bike. But then I would need to moisturize heavily after. This stuff stings on my cracked bleeding knuckles in winter. The lather is a bit thin and awful as a shaving emollient. This bar cracks and warps with time, and the top will be leathery while the bottom is soggy. At the end the little shards get too gross to use. Except maybe at a utility sink, but not in a kitchen near food. Pretty color and smooth texture. And this bar has changed very little in 30 years.

Everyone needs a little Irish in their Day.

Comments about Irish Spring Aloe Deodorant Soap:

I have sensitive skin. Most soaps irritate my skin. Regular Irish Spring is one of the few soaps that does not bother me. When I saw this soap with Aloe I tried it and love it. It smells great and makes me feel clean. I use this soap during the spring and fall. During the summers I use Regular Irish Spring and Dove in the Winter so my skin does not dry out.

Irish Spring Aloe Deodorant Soap is a very mild soap. It smells great. It cleans my body from the top to the bottom. I like that I smell fresh all day and my skin does not feel dried out.

I find that Irish Spring Aloe Deodorant Soap smells great. The scent lasts all day long, which keeps me feeling clean and fresh. I work as a Registered Nurse and work around many yucky smells. This scent keeps me feeling good during the day. The scent is perfect for either men or women. I use it and my wife enjoys Irish Spring Aloe Deodorant Soap also.

Leaves Great Smelling, Soft Skin

Comments about Irish Spring Aloe Deodorant Soap:

I really enjoy bars of soap with a clean scent and a touch of aloe in them because any esthetician will tell you aloe is natural moisturizer, making the skin soft and less likely to wrinkle. I have used Irish Spring in the past and have been satisfied with the product, so I figured the added aloe would be a bonus with this brand. I could actually feel the difference in my skin when I got out of the shower. It felt smoother; more soft to the touch. As I continued using the product, I got better, longer lasting results. I didn't have to use lotion as often and in the winter months, that's godsend. Also, this soap is inexpensive and long lasting, due to the shape/girth of the bar. More bang for your buck!

Irish Spring with Aloe was very effective with cleaning my body of the days essence.

This product has a very fresh smelling scent that lets you know it's from the Irish Spring brand.

Great smelling but not great for dry skin.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Irish Spring Aloe Deodorant Soap:

This is not my first choice for bar soap. I feel like this soap is more geared towards men, but I'm a woman and decided to try it out for myself. I originally bought it because I loved the way it smelled, it seemed especially great for the summertime when it's hot and humid, since it's a deodorizing soap.

This cleans your skin really well, and leaves it smelling great. But I have dry, sensitive skin so sadly this didn't work out for me. It left my skin feeling really dry and rough. I tend to have a lot of dry patches so that didn't really help out with that. My skin was so dried out that it burned whenever I would touch it or try to put lotion on. Maybe it was an allergic reaction I had to it, I don't know. I would have to use a really good thick lotion to be able to use this soap everyday.

I think if you didn't have dry and sensitive skin this would be a really great soap for you.

My boyfriend didn't like this soap either though. He doesn't have dry skin but it seemed to have the same drying out of the skin effect with him too. We both prefer Dove soap or Lever. So I think i'll stick to those two brands.

I will not be buying Irish spring again, too bad because it really smells great.

Cleaned my skin really well and left it smelling great. But it dried out my skin terribly.

I love the smell of Irish Spring soap. That's why I originally bought it. It has a very strong cologne scent that keeps you smelling fresh all day. It's a very masculine scent, but women could use it too.