3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Helps with household allergies

We purchased 2 of these units several years ago, hoping they would help with some household allergies.  And they seem to be doing just that.  No matter how many times you dust, you simply can't get everything that is in your household air.  This Ionic Breeze purifier will help.

One we placed in the bedroom for a better night's sleep.  The other is in our main living area.  Though small, it still does the trick.  Actually, the small size is one of the things we like best.  Most of our house guests don't even notice it.  It runs silently, and it leaves the air in the immediate vicinity with a pleasant slight scent of ozone, much like how the air smells after a rain shower.  It's easy to clean the collector blades when they do get full of the "gunk" in the air (just a swipe with a slightly damp paper towel, then a swipe with a dry cloth).  You'll be amazed at how much black crud collects on these blades and wonder what that stuff could be doing to your lungs instead.

None of these Ionic Breeze units seem to be inexpensive, but you have to consider it an investment in your lungs' health.  Breathe easier with the Ionic Breeze.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

If you live in a one room cabin or plan to use this in a small office, go for it. That being said, we bought 4 (per the recommendations for the square footage of our home.) They lasted about 6 months. With pets, kids, and a fireplace, we thought these might help keep the air a little cleaner. They DO work! However, they make a lot of noise (a crackling sound that makes you think it is about to catch fire, but is apparently a normal noise.) They are easy to clean, but there is a tab inside that flaps down so you have to turn it upside down to put the filter back in. Ours shut off on their own frequently. Given the strange noises, the constant need to check to make sure they are still turned on, and the fact that they quit altogether after 6 months, I can't consider this money well spent. We could have done better for less, I believe.

Ease of Maintenance
It is easy to clean the filter (which just wipes off), but not as easy to put it back in!

Dust/Allergen Removal
It definitely collects a lot of dust, so it must be working!

Filter Availability
We never had to buy a new filter.

4 unites breaking in 6 months seems poorly made to me.

Turning itself off constantly minimizes it's effectiveness.

I assume the loud noises and turning itself off is a design flaw, which would make it a poor design.

It's definitely small

Comments about Ionic Pro Compact Air Purifier:

It's definitely small and easy to store, I don't even notice it being in the room anymore. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I don't know if the size of the purifier is too small to make any difference to the size of my living room or not. It's possible that this doesn't do any good at all. I haven't noticed a difference. If anyone else has that's great..I Haven't needed to clean it because it's not dirty, so ya, it must not be doing anything.

• Filter Availability:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Salley, SC

Ease of Maintenance

Dust/Allergen Removal
It definitely collects a lot of dust, so it must be working!

Filter Availability
We never had to buy a new filter.

4 unites breaking in 6 months seems poorly made to me.

Turning itself off constantly minimizes it's effectiveness.

terrible

from Wake Forest, NC

Comments about Ionic Pro Compact Air Purifier:

it did not last even 3 months. i had problems from the beginning. the filter is supposed to be permanent, however, when i called customer service they told me i needed to buy a new filter. it is cheaply made. the customer service is terrible. i called and emailed them several times.

Filter Availability
filter is not permanent as they state.

only lasted a few months, then went on the blink. i went thru the manual, called and emailed customer service for help. was told i needed to buy new filter and other things to make it work again, which would have cost more than i paid for the machine.

Helps with household allergies

from Denver, CO

Comments about Ionic Pro Compact Air Purifier:

Keeps air fresh and clean, dust free!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Ionic Pro Compact Air Purifier:

The Ionic Pro Breeze Compact is the best air purifier I have ever owned.  It works well and is especially great for living room and dining room areas.

I love the quiet way it purifies a room and it lasts a long time!

Great for those with allergies!

from Fremont, CA

Comments about Ionic Pro Compact Air Purifier:

For those of you who have allergies and have trouble breathing in dusty and dirty environment this is the product for you. This cleans the air in your room or house whenever you put it. It's so light than it's portable so just bring it with you where ever you are in the house. I think it works great but maybe because i don't have too bad of an allergy and my house is relatively clean. it purifies the air in a 90 degree angle it goes back and forth. It's also good as a fan giving off a cool breeze as it purifies. It doesnt make any noise so it won't be a bother when you are reading or doing something quiet. You do have to clean out the purifier after it collects way too much dust and dirt around the house but that might only be couple times a year.

Great for Computer Room

from West Covina, CA

Comments about Ionic Pro Compact Air Purifier:

As I have said in one of my other reviews, I spend lots of time in my computer room. I have a couple of workstations in there which store all my 3D work so heat can be a problem for those computers. Dust causes computers to overheat and that room tends to get really dusty overtime. The computers have several fans so they suck in all the dust.

I started looking for a dust filter and came across the Ionic Pro Breeze at a retail shop. I was told it would clean most of the dust so my computers wouldnt have to be sucking it in. I decided to clean my computers before I started using the Pro Ionic Breeze to see exactly how much dust would still be getting inside of my workstation computers. After about a month of using the Breeze, I was noticing less dust overall in this room. I checked my computers and they were cleaner than ever.

Overall I would say it is worth the cost. They do add extra ambient noise, but if you have important machines that need to stay cool, I would recommended this product.

Not sure

from New York, NY

Comments about Ionic Pro Compact Air Purifier:

I was given this as a gift. my daughter has an asthmatic cough so my mother thought i should use this in her room. Now, its nice and quiet, cleans easily, but i wonder wut good it does? she doesnt cough any less, the air seems the same with no notible difference. So i suppose if ur looking these things up and want one, this would be a good one to get. Its very light weight, can be moved from room to room, uncomplicated and non messy (as in the title, it definetly is compact)

The machine is not heavy. My daughter bumps up against it several times a day, and she picks it up herself (shes only 17 months) so there is no worry of it tipping over and hurting her, and actually, even the slits on the sides are close enough to each other so she cant get her fingers caught.

It does attract quite a bit of dust, but as i said it is easy to clean, and no filters are needed.

Easy to use and clean

from Murfreesboro, TN

Comments about Ionic Pro Compact Air Purifier:

I've owned an ionic breeze for several years now, and I have always loved mine. They do not take up a whole lot of space, and they are completely silent. The only time I ever hear mine make any noise at all is when it is time for it to be cleaned. It makes a quiet crackling noise if it gets a little dusty. Clean up is soooo super easy. I just pull the blades out and wipe with a damp paper towel. It takes less than thirty seconds, and you would no believe how much dust this thing picks up in a week. It may be because I have several pets, but I am glad that it is pulling all that dander out of the air. The room always smells so fresh after using the filter in the room for a couple of hours. I would reccomend buying one, I'm satisfied with my purchase.

Dust was always a problem for my child before Ionic Breeze

from Myers Flat, CA

Comments about Ionic Pro Compact Air Purifier:

Ionic Breeze Compact has made a significant difference in dust accumulation in my child's room since we started using it. Living in the rural area we do, dust is always a problem. We cant keep nature out, so we do our best to keep dust down to a minimum. Ionic Breeze compact was an ideal choice for me, as it 's sleek design was perfect and top access to clean the collection grid,made it easy for me to maintain. An added bonus with my purchase was a 12 volt car Ionic Breeze that I will tell you did make help with excess car oder! A great deal for both products! Look for that one if they still offer it! I bought mine a year ago so it may not be offered. I have owned and used other filter style air purifiers, but none is as easy to maintain-without messy replacement filters! In all I would recommend putting one of these in any dust "problem" area, as it really did help out my personal situation.