4.9

4.9

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

As an avid hair colorist

from Rogers, AR

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Long-Lasting

Cons

• New Look

Comments about Ion Sensitive Scalp 30 Volume Creme Developer:

I color my hair every few months and I swear by Ion developer. It is the only developer I use. My hair is left soft and smells good. I get the color I want. I have 0 complaints. I also like it because the 30 developer lifts some darkness and I always get the color I want when I use Ion.

• Commitment To Color:
    • Permanent

Overall, it is a very great product for the price

Comments about Ion Sensitive Scalp 30 Volume Creme Developer:

I first bought this product at a local beauty supply store and was a bit skeptical because I have had bad luck in the past with products like this, especially in this price range. But I was pleasantly surprised when the product worked as well as it did. It was relatively inexpensive and got the job done at almost a beauty shop level. I was especially impressed considering the fact that I have very dark hair and it effectively covered it all without distorting the color

I was surprised at how well this product covered my hair considering how dark it is. Most other treatments always distorted my color, leaving awkward highlights, but this did exactly as advertised and turned my hair the proper color

Ease of Application
    It was so easy to use this product. Actually I found it to be a lot easier than any other hair treatment I have ever used. It was definitely worth the money in terms of ease of application

Makes me look younger

Comments about Ion Sensitive Scalp 30 Volume Creme Developer:

This Ion Sensitive Scalp 30 Volume Creme Developer makes me look younger. Since I have a deficiency that makes my hair turn gray and does not allow me to eat seafood, I have had grayish hair since I was fifteen. This product is very effective and very easy to apply. I just squeeze some cream out of the bottle and lather it into my hair. It does smell a bit, like these products usually do. This Creme Developer really affects and improves my daily life because I do not want to go into public everyday with gray hair. People would think that I am much older than I actually am. The bottle is also very nice looking. I love the color purple. Since I am already so short, if I had gray hair, people would think I am a little old lady. I need to keep looking as sexy as possible. I put this on everyday because I need to. It is very effective and I look young and beautiful as usual. I would recommend.

best developer to use

Comments about Ion Sensitive Scalp 30 Volume Creme Developer:

I'm a hairstylist so I always try and find the best products that I can use on myself and my clients. My hair color is an ash blonde so I always need to lighten it at least three levels. This Ion sensitive scalp 30 volume creme developer is perfect for my hair especially because it lightens my hair and it doesn't make my scalp itch as much. I can always buy this developer at sallys beauty supply. This developer is great its very gentle to my scalp and it doesn't irritate it. I love how I can use this with permanent hair color and bleach. It saves me the trouble of having my clients complain that there scalp burns or itches. I would definitely recommend this to anybody especially if your scalp gets red or if your scalp is just sensitive to any type of chemical. It has wheat germ protein which helps guard against scalp sensitivity. If your hair is virgin I highly suggest you try this creme developer first so its more easy going on the scalp.

• Ease of Application:

Great for gray resistance and hard to color hair!!

Comments about Ion Sensitive Scalp 30 Volume Creme Developer:

I have some gray streaks that are really hard to color. This creme developer is so awesome and amazing!!!! It gives really great, bold, and even color. It makes the color really the color it supposes to be. And, it doesn't damage your hair. I love this stuff. I would recommend to everyone.

Great!

Comments about Ion Sensitive Scalp 30 Volume Creme Developer:

I absolutely love Ion Sensitive Scalp 30 Volume Creme Developer. I have always used this developer when I bleach my hair. It always works perfectly on my very dark brown natural hair. It takes around at least forty-five minutes to turn my very dark hair to a golden blonde, and I would leave it on for a full sixty for platinum. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to effectively bleach their hair to any shade of blonde that you may want. I would not use this product if you have very sensitive skin though. Your scalp will most likely flake slightly from irritation. I have also used this developer for hair coloring, and it works perfectly for that too. I mixed this developer with their line of semi-permanent light brown hair dye, and I absolutely loved it. Ion is one of the only brands that I am willing to use on my hair because I am very particular. I have used this brand for four years and counting.

Senitive Scalp Developer for Professionals

Comments about Ion Sensitive Scalp 30 Volume Creme Developer:

Ion's developer is meant to help with the discomfort with coloring hair on sensitive scalp. I first used this product when i bleached my head of hair. It wasn't painful at first. Then i was about ten minutes into the application when a slight burning sensation began to arose. I though nothing of it due to the fact that i knew bleaching was going to be a little uncomfortable. After about half an hour into the process. I noticed that the pain was becoming more and more unbearable. Then next time i bleached my hair i used a different developer and the pain just increase. Then i dyed my hair a color, no bleach, and used the same developer. The problem isn't the developer... it was the bleaching. When coloring my hair i have a little discomfort but no pain. The product helps with bleaching but for really sensitive people, like me, but doesn't help enough.

Only for coloring, a little bit disappointing for the sensitive part when bleaching.

Ease of Application
    Just follow the direction with the color, bleacher, or developer.

i love it

Comments about Ion Sensitive Scalp 30 Volume Creme Developer:

I have used so many types of hair dye before. even been to the salon. and this is by far the best hair developer iv used or had used on my head. I have a super super sensitive scalp it does not burn or itch doesn't leave cuts or welts either! greatest product!!!!!

color comes out very vibrant never have I had a problem! always been satisfied!!

Ease of Application
    not clumpy or watery the consistency is perfect!!

• Ease of Application:

Color lift minus the burning

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Ion Sensitive Scalp 30 Volume Creme Developer:

I used to work at a beauty supply store, and I tried this product when I decided to dye my hair blonde. My hair was medium brown at the time, and this 30 volume developer lifted my color to exactly what I wanted. Unlike other harsh developers and bleaches I have used, this one does not make my head feel like it's on fire. It made my head feel slightly warm as I was leaving it on, but there was no itching or burning. I recommend this product to be used with Ion permanent hair dye, but will work well with other brands of hair dye (e.g. Clairol, Loreal, etc.). No strong odor, actually has a pleasant smell.

Very effective with PERMANENT hair dye (for demi hair color, use Volume 10 developer). Effectively lifts color without causing a burning/itchy sensation to scalp. This is perfect for a sensitive scalp. I was also told by customers that it worked wonderfully on gray hair.

Ease of Application
    Easy to apply with bottle applicator or with bowl and brush. If using cream color with this cream developer, I would recommend the bowl and brush as the mixture will be thicker. If using a liquid color with this developer, a bottle applicator is ideal.

Dont be afraid to try

Comments about Ion Sensitive Scalp 30 Volume Creme Developer:

Well, I never let myself spend money on professional coloring, but I DID allow myself to splurge on this. After running out of i color given to me by a professional, I went to sally's and found this, and it actually worked well! I got the Ion Sensitive Scalp 20 volume creme developer (not 30) because thats what was originally given to me for the purpose of highlights AND grey coverage. (the lady at Sally's was very knowledgeable too which helped me pick). The smell is alright and best of all... it worked fine. I have natural looking hair with subtle highlights... all from the privacy of home. :) I do kinda miss the i color creme color but the IONS do good too.

Originally I got the i color 20 creme developer from my stylist, but buying myself the only one I have access to is the Ion. Coverage on the Ion Sensitive scalp 20 volume creme developer still worked however. For coarser hair its a little trickier but on finer or thinner portions of hair it works like a dream. As for the creme color, 5N is great for an ashy brown, and the HL/N-12 for blond highlight on medium brown hair in the ION series. But ask someone knowledgeable at sallys what would be good for you.

Ease of Application
    You will need some tools and depending on how complicated you get, maybe some extra help from a friend or willing husband. Mixing requires a bowl, application requires a brush, and highlights require some extra care (clips) and maybe home-made foils if your feeling ambitious. I just like to freestyle this stuff though. Its just like painting, if you paint. Probably helps to have had an art background. ;)