4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Quickbooks Pro 2011 is great for small businesses

I'm a CPA and have been a Quickbooks user for many years. When small business clients ask me to recommend a software to use I almost always recommend Quickbooks. I myself use Quickbooks to keep my own business records.

My experience is that Quickbooks doesn't have much of a learning curve -the only problem I find is that if you're a Quicken user you may not like Quickbooks (which is odd because both products are made by Intuit). I have no idea why, maybe it's a left brain right thing. It seems those who are used to Quicken have a bigger learning curve and I can vouch, I hate Quicken but love Quickbooks!

Quickbooks 2011 displays a lot more information at a glance but that comes with a price-slow display. I noticed the other day while creating an invoice, that the side column which shows billing history never did come up -I had completed my invoice and it still hadn't retrieved the information. I run Quickbooks on a pretty decent computer so this was rather dissappointing -it's a nice feature to be able to see customer/vendor history at a glance but the sluggish speed to pull that information up makes it totally useless to me.

I love this software but fear perhaps Intuit is trying to make it do too much and its now suffering from "bloat" I like my programs to respond quickly and I do notice Quickbooks doesn't always do this.

I still love the program but hope it doesn't continue to grow or at least perhaps Intuit will add a more streamline version (but not as streamlined as simple start).

No need to upgrade for 2011 for small changes technically

As an accouting professional, I love QuickBooks in coparision to PeachTree or Bookkeeper but with 2011 pro version, I guess Intuit is goign to loose their adge. I was expecting lots of changes in User Interface and some simple UI interactions but it did not satisfy me. Their Smartphone interface is really bad and not usable. They did not improve on Account receivalbe and payables reporting mechanism. I was expecting lot simpler UI compared to older version but it was not on mark. They improved a lot on general ledger and time billing which is good. Still they did not incororporate specific stocking location, Item image or FIFO Cost methods. We wanted to use this functions extensively for our large number of items handling but still do not have in this version. Their addition of new payroll service is okay but not compared to outsourced to ADP.

Copy file transfer breaks in between and you need to reinitiate again. Their back up feature is not as simple as that of PeachTree. I have used both software and I expected Intuit to take some guidelines on good features from their peers.

Graphical summary is not improved same as older version , now with this I would not suggest any one to upgrade unless it is completely necessary

Little complex to learn if you want to go for a detailed accounting. Once you learn it than its okay.

This is a total lifesaver. It has streamlined my invoicing!!!

Comments about Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2011:

This program makes everything in my life so much easier. Before using this, I manually kept track of my invoices due with a paper filing system and a spreadsheet. It's so much easier to have an automatic balance sheet and to show the invoice received with the click of the button. There is no other way for me now.

Very easy to use. Even an accounting novice could navigate this.

Customer Service
Great support through e-mail or phone. The staff is very friendly and they are easy to contact. You can also use the online chat feature which is very intuitive.

Features
The invoice part is really great. Especially the balance tracking part. Before, I manually created my invoices using Excel which worked out fine but it was hard to keep track of. The invoices portion of quickbooks makes it so easy and adds the invoice amount to your total balance once one is generated. You can also directly e-mail the invoice from the program which is really nice.

• Phone App Availability:

Quickbooks is a great way to keep track of your accounting.

Comments about Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2011:

The nonprofit I work for uses Quickbooks for its accounting. While in some ways it's not designed with a nonprofit in mind, it does help me keep things organized. I can keep track of what's going on with our finances, and it's great to have payroll taxes calculated for me.

Customer Service
The time I had to call tech support resulted in a lot of wasted time and little help. It's better to talk with someone else who knows how to use Quickbooks.

Phone App Availability
This is not applicable.

No need to upgrade for 2011 for small changes technically

from Cupertino, CA

Highly recommended, very very Useful- Intuit Quickbooks Pro 2011

from Elk Grove Village, IL

Comments about Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2011:

I waited for a sale to purchase this item. and i got it for pretty big bucks off the original price It installed the way it is supposed to and I started using it. I am a old pro with quick books, so no problem. Not too different from my old one, just updated. I am even using it on a computer that has no interenet attached to it. the features are outstanding ... and user friendly.I love the new "Snap shot" of our customers accounts. This software is a must for any business owner. Easy to navigate and tailor to my small business. Has tons of capabilities that I may use. I love that I don't have to dig through paper files to look at any particular piece of information I may need, at any time, from any date. Furthermore, the invoice feature with all the customer information displayed is etremely useful for who are book keeper.Very useful in many forms of accounting and tracking. i will continue buy this product.FOR me MUST have product.

Pro 2011

from Nashwauk, MN

Comments about Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2011:

I currently work with intuit for my school. It's easy to understand, fun and you also have tech support when you need it. I would recommend it to anyone that is new to using computers. You'll have fun even if your beginner.

Quickbooks is the love of my life

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2011:

As an accountant, I use some version of Intuits Quickbooks software every single day in relation to clients. I also have my own personal file to keep track of my personal monetary life. I've found from day one that Quickbooks is very user friendly, for the most part self explanatory, and when you do have questions, the forums on Intuits website are beyond helpful. Quickbooks 2011 gives a person with a business the ability to create invoices, set up bills, create a chart of accounts tailored to their particular good or service. You can prepare bank reconciliations, run any report you could imagine, and even register to prepare your payroll through their service (including direct deposits). If you don't have a business, you can still set up your monthly budget in order to track how good (or bad) you're doing throughout a period of time. And I find it so much easier to read and gather information from than Quicken. I would highly recommend Quickbooks 2011 to anyone.

Not Happy With QuickBooks

from Winter Park, FL

Comments about Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2011:

I find quickbooks extremely hard to use. I have tried and tried and I can never get it right. Once you make a mistake it's like an act of congress to get it fixed. I am moving on to another financial program.

Quickbooks is A Life Saver!

from Titusville, FL

Comments about Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2011:

Quickbooks is an absolutely amazing product for any business owner. Small or big, Quickbooks will keep all of your important information stored away safely and it is very organized. It is also user-name and password protected, so all of your important information is kept safe and private. You just log in and with in 30 seconds can find the amount, check number, or any other information about a previous check you received. You can also create and print invoices very easily and easily enter in the information when the customer pays, or go back to see if someone has paid. You can easily put different information/prices for each customer, or keep them all the same. When the customer pays, you can easily log in and check off that you have received payment. You can also store addresses and phone numbers. There is a great step by step tutorial at the beginning that will help easily explain everything and how it works.

Easy to use

from South Whitley, IN

Comments about Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2011:

I work for a farmer who has a large farm who wanted to get more up to date and to get away from using paper filing and get more upto date on his banking information . I was very grateful that he was ready to upgrade and to come into the 21st century. I installed the product onto his computers and he has been learing to use it. It easy very easy to use and to teach someone who does not have hardley any computer skills to use this program. He has been very impressed with this program, and is not scared of using the computer now. The way the program is set up is very user friendly easy to understand. We are getting organized and completly away from the paper method. We have been using it for awhile now and love it. It is easy to install and enter in all of your entries. Very cost worthy I think anyone who buys this product will be very happy with this product. He would now reccommend this and to use this form of entry from now on.

Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2011 isn't worth the money

from Edmond, OK

Comments about Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2011:

I have been using Microsoft Money to organize all of my finances for about three years now. I was doing this until my friend recommended Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2011 because of its better organization and simplicity. Despite it being considerably more expensive than Microsoft Money, I decided to try out this new product. Upon trying to install the program, it was already more annoying and less efficient. It is extremely easy to learn but not very easy to use at all, especially compared to Microsoft Money. The program is considerably slower than Microsoft Money, and I consider myself a pretty patient person. Although this does not affect me very much, I feel as if the reader may need to know, Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2011 is not compatible Windows 7 or Office 2010. After further communication with my friend that recommended this product, apparently he even thinks this product is not as good as it used to be and is looking for a new product. Overall, I would certainly not recommend Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2011 to anyone.