Other Pools & Pool Equipment:
Intex
28645EG
Intex 12" Sand Filter Pump with GFCI System, 2100-Gallon for Above Ground Pools

Summary

12 inch Pool Sand Filter Pump for Pools with GFCI System, 2100-Gallon

Keep your above ground pool water clean, soft, and refreshing with the Krystal Clear Sand filter pump by Intex. The all natural sand provides excellent water filtration as the 6 function control valve allows the pool owner to filter, backwash and rinse, recirculate, drain and close the system. The built-in 24-hour timer adds to the hassle free experience of maintaining a cleaner pool.

Intex 12" Sand Filter Pump with GFCI System, 2100-Gallon for Above Ground Pools

Good sand filter pump, but doesn't come with everything

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Intex 12" Sand Filter Pump with GFCI System, 2100-Gallon for Above Ground Pools:

I installed the Intex 12" Sand Filter Pump on to my Intex pool as a replacement for my old one that died and it definitely served its purpose for the life of the pool. Setting up the new pump was fairly simple, but there were a couple of things not provided. Apparently this filter pump doesn't come with a backwash hose or a skimmer basket. Luckily I already had these items from my previous filter pump. I was delighted to find out that I only needed 1 50 lb bag of pool sand for this filter. My first use of this pump required me to do a backwash cycle until the water appeared clear in the tiny tube window on the pump, which only took 2 minutes. Once my water was clear I put the pump into filter mode. It took about 7 hours for my pool to be crystal clear. One of the best things about this pump is that it is quiet. I can run this filter pump at any point during the day and not have to worry about irritating my neighbors. I would definitely recommend the Intex 12" Sand Filter Pump because it does a great job of cleaning water in a short amount of time.