Other Dog Foods:

Innova Dog food

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

A good ingredient dog food.

I have a small 12lb Shih-poo that can't eat most of the dog food out on the market because the pieces are too big for his mouth. It can be a choking hazard. At my local pet store I came upon Innova small bites dog food. The pet store owner had sample bags, so I tried one. My dog loves it. The pieces are small enough so he does not choke when he eats. It also does not have alot of the corn ingredients that other dog foods have. It has more natural ingredients. His coat and digestion are in very good shape. I have tried other dog foods with smaller pieces, even raw food, but he will have no parts of it. He really likes Innova. Dogs can be picky eaters, so always start with a sample bag first to make sure he/she will like it. I highly recommend this dog food.

never again since Proctor and Gamble bought company

My German Shepherd ate this dog food faithfully for ages.  I called all over town, found the best deal at a local feed store, and saved my upc codes trying to work up to the free bag.  Suddenly, her coat became a mess.  Dry flakey skin, with some kind of oily feel.  I brushed and bathed her to no avail.  Finally I started looking to her last bag of Innova.  I found out the company, Natura, was bought by Proctor and Gamble in May, and made no promises to keep the same high quality standards that we had been used to.  I guess some brain in the board room thought no one would notice and they would make more money.  Well, we noticed.  I immediately shopped for a new dog food, and after much online research on quality, reviews, ingredients, and yes, even price, I chose Taste of the Wild.  Her very first bag of Taste of the Wild cleaned up the skin condition, and she hasn't had it back since.  Know what is in your dog's food - some companies will try to trick you by using the trusted brands name, but selling inferior food.

High-quality, all-natural, American-made dog food

Comments about Innova Dog food:

We've been feeding Innova dog food to our Labrador Retriever ever since we got him as a puppy. It has always been terrific. He loves it--but then again, he's a Lab, and would probably love anything edible--but we love it too because we can see the high quality of the ingredients, which are essentially human-grade. Turkey, brown rice, eggs, pumpkin--I'd like it too! We've always gotten many compliments on our dog's shiny coat and healthy build, and I think Innova dog food has a lot to do with it. My only slight qualification has to do with the recalls that affected all Natura products over the last year, which forced us to switch to another brand for a while (with which we were not as happy). The company was very good with refunding us for bags purchased, and so on, but still, it's concerning. Still, I think it's a good company and that the quality of the food is excellent. I would also add that although it's more expensive than some of the mainstream commercial brands, it's a better deal (in terms of nutrition per serving, and how much needs to be served) than several of the natural line competitors.

Innova Dog Food: One of the Best You Can Buy

from Houston, TX

Comments about Innova Dog food:

Dog owners are often faced with a dilemma. They can either purchase the more readily available food at the local grocery store and hope for the best, or they can make a special trip to a pet store to purchase a dog food with better quality. If a healthy dog is a high priority, then the pet store usually wins and one food to consider purchasing is **Innova Dog Food.**

**Dog Food Facts and Commentary:**

Innova Dog Food is a dry dog food with very good quality compared to other dig food products. Looking at the ingredient list reveals no artificial colors or meat by- products, which are both common in lower quality foods.

Innova Dog Food is a popular dog food choice with choosy dog owners and it is a pretty good hit with dogs as well. I find that dogs do not find this food as amazing in taste as some of the beefy, cheaper dog foods on the market, but they still like what they smell and they find this dog food good enough in taste to finish their bowl without persuasion.

Innova Dog Food is a more expensive dog food than average and this fact alone could make some steer clear of this food. It is also a more difficult dog food to find, with availability limited to the PetCo and other pet food specialty stores.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Innova Dog Food is a very good dog food that is much better in ingredients and better in nutritional content than the average dog food. If you dog will accept the taste- and most will- then this is certainly a dog food to consider.

Quality of Ingredients
Excellent quality of ingredients in this food- among the best you will find.

Flavor Selection
Only a handful of options, but the choices should be sufficient for most dog owners and most dogs.

• Flavor Selection:

A good ingredient dog food.

from York, PA

human grade dog food!

from Frankenmuth, MI

Comments about Innova Dog food:

After the recent dog food recalls and deaths of many pets, I decided to look into top notch dry dog food and Innova came up as one of the best.  We switched from Iams and I am so happy I did.  Iams had some wet dog food involved in the pet food recall.  This food is filled with chicken, turkey, great grains and lots of fruits and vegetables.  Get it.  Your dogs will love it.

Innova has taken us from middle age to older and kept us healthy

from Wheat Ridge, CO

Comments about Innova Dog food:

The quality of the food is often better than you find in human health stores. My questions have always been answered by the Innova staff in a quick and responsive way. And most important my dog likes his food and is healthy....so the price is well worth it for me.

the best dog food i have ever used for overall heath of pet

from 22407

Comments about Innova Dog food:

innova was recommended to me by a fellow rescuer years ago.  i have used the  puppy, adult, and senior formulas exclusively for years.  the food is great for coats and maintaining muscle tone.  it has little to no fillers, and my dogs (pugs) have always enjoyed eating it.

Greyt!

from Annville, PA

Comments about Innova Dog food:

Good dog food sometimes hard to find. Good for dogs of all sizes.  Good quality food for the price.  your dog is what you feed it. Let your dog lead a long healthy life  good rating from dog journel.  Just as dieticians recommend following the U.S. Department of Agriculture food pyramid for our own dietary needs, **Innova** applies this same principle when creating foods for our animal friends. Every Innova pet product incorporates elements from the five food pyramid groups - meat, dairy, vegetables, fruit and grain - plus essential fats and oils to deliver supreme nutrition for the overall health of your dog or cat.

High Quality Food that Results in Soft and Shiny Coat

from O Fallon, MO

Comments about Innova Dog food:

Innova is very good dog food. I feed it to my dogs and my foster dogs - all adult greyhounds. We've briefly tried the large breed formulation, but they seem to prefer the regular adult variety with the smaller kibble size. Prior to Innova my guys would get sick of dog food every 3-6 months and go on hunger strikes and would skip meals. This is the longest that we've had them on one food and they are happy to eat it. They eat their full bowl of food as soon as we set it down for them. If you don't mind paying a little more for a higher quality food, then Innova is a good choice.

My dog has hair!

from Brooksville, FL

Comments about Innova Dog food:

When we started fostering Dutchess (a yorkie), she was almost hairless, had open sores over most of her body, watery eyes and an ear infection. She was miserable. A holistic vet I consulted about her severe allergies recommended Innova. Today, Dutchess has a full coat, healthy skin, clear eyes and no ear infections. She's healthy, happy and has so much hair, I recently had to give her a haircut. I've become a believer in quality dog food. The food may cost a little more, but, I've spent far less on vet bills since she's been eating it.

My Schnauzer has great skin now!

from Houston, TX

Comments about Innova Dog food:

Just switched to this dog food about a month ago at the suggestion of my groomer. Our five year old schnauzer went in for grooming and her skin was in horrible shape -- very scaly with lots of rough spots. Our groomer suggested we switch to Innova. She indicated it was totally natural and her customers had been very pleased with using it with their pets. Our groomer said she usually finds that healthy dog food is the best cure for bad skin in dogs. Schnauzers are particularly prone to skin problems. After feeding our dog this food for about a month her skin is in great shape. She eats slightly less than before with the Innova. Our groomer indicated that Innova is more filling. I will definitely continue to buy the product even though the cost is a bit steep. My dog is worth it!