Other Strollers:
AG41B6ECRUS, AG41B9INKUS, AG41B6FIAUS
Inglesina Zippy Stroller

Inglesina Zippy Stroller

Overall good buy.

This was our third and last stroller. We started with the snap in stroller for the car seat. We then moved to the large, cumbersom and space hogging Graco pile of junk. After threatening to throw it over a bridge I found the Zippy. Hesitant about the price and drooled over it for a few months before taking the plunge. Boy am I glad I did!

The Zippy is lightweight and folds easily. It even folds up small so I can go shopping and still buy something and put it in my trunk! It has a great one handed open and it closes nicely too. It's easy to handle when you are holding a squirming child in one hand and a stroller in the other hand. Also, when not in the car it stands nicely all by itself without falling over.

It has a large storage area under the seat (good for stowing extra snacks). There is a removable padded bar that is nice for smaller children. Also, the footrest folds up and down for longer or shorter legs. It can also accept a car seat (I didn't use it that way so I really cannot tell you about it). It also has a rain hood thing that is built into it for that day you go to the zoo and get caught in a downpour 2 miles from your car. :-)

If *I* were the designer here are the changes I would make. 1.) Change the sunshade so it goes down farther. 2.) Make the backrest go down all the way to better accomodate a sleeping child.

All in all this is a great buy for the money. I am VERY happy that we made this choice and am sure that you will too.

Poor Quality with Squeaky Wheels.

I read all of the great reviews for the Inglesina Zippy stroller so I bought one - Ecru, 2010 model.  I have had it 2 weeks, used it twice and I'm stunned to find it appears to be low quality, the wheels squeak (already!), it's NOT easy to maneuver one handed (and going through doorways this is a must), and the one handed folding?  Bah!  You had better have the second hand free to lift the heavy cumbersome stroller into your trunk.  This was a learning lesson; just because an item gets a great review does not mean it's a great product.  Wish I could get my money back.

Great Inglesina Zippy Stroller

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Inglesina Zippy Stroller:

I purchased this stroller after reading many reviews of strollers.  It is not a stroller that I could find in any local store, so I purchased it online without trying it first.  It does not come with any matching infant seat, but I read a list of car seats that were compatible and purchased the Graco Snugride.  It fit great on the stroller.  It came with straps that were meant to hold the car seat on the stroller, but I never took the time to use them.  The car seat just sat on top of the stroller and was not secured in any way, but it never came out even with my husband's at times "reckless driving."  My favorite part of this stroller is that it is lightweight and compact.  I haven't used any other stroller, so have nothing to compare to, but have seen some of the huge strollers that other mom's have that you almost need a second vehicle for.  I always felt that it was easy to fold up and store, but other people who tried to help me fold it up always had trouble.  I think that it is just a lot different that the other strollers on the market.  I have taken this on numerous plane trips and it hasn't come out completely unscathed.  The plastic holder that hold the sunshade on completely broke off, but it is now held on by a big piece of ribbon.  I think it is pretty sturdy besides that considering the beating we give it.  It has worked great for us from birth now going on 2 years.

• Safety:
  • Child Comfort:
  • Maneuverability:

Poor Quality with Squeaky Wheels.

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Inglesina Zippy Stroller:

High quality, stylish, convenient stroller!

from Charleston Afb, SC

Pros

Cons

Comments about Inglesina Zippy Stroller:

Overall this is a great stroller--very sturdy and high quality as well as stylish. It's easy to open and close and is fairly compact and a breeze to push, although if you're tall though you may find yourself kicking the wheels. The one thing I find least appealing is the sunshade. You have to take it off to fold up the stroller which is a real pain, and it does not cover the baby if the seat is fully reclined. It seems that the cupholder was an afterthought, because it's a cheap flimsy thing that you hang on the stroller handle, and it's so unsteady and small that we've never even tried to use it.  Also, one of the selling points of this stroller was that a sibling could stand on the back, which is definitely not a good idea.  We've tried it, and it just doesn't work very well, nor is it safe!  I have searched and searched for the perfect stroller though, and it doesn't exist, but this one does come close.

Great Stroller, but not the perfect stroller

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Inglesina Zippy Stroller:

When I had my first child I went on a hunt for the perfect stroller.  I read every review imaginable, tried every stroller on the market.  I ended up purchasing the Inglesina Zippy.  I really liked the stroller but I don't know if it was the best value for my money.

Pros:  This stroller folds up so easy and it truly is one handed.  It is great for when you are carrying your child, or are traveling on airplanes.  It was also very easy for my husband to use and figure out the controls.  It was also very comfortable and worked very well with my Graco Car Seat utilizing the attachments.   It also held up very well to wear and tear and was very durable.

Cons:  The basked was not very big for shopping bags and the drink holder was flimsy and broke off.  Also, because the front bar was not removeable, as my child got older I found it very hard to place her and remove her from the stroller.

As my daughter grew I found myself wanting an umbrella stroller that was easier to use.  So I don't know if I would purchase this again.  It was a great stroller but I feel like I spent too much money for the short amount of time it was used.

Great Stroller

from Charleston Afb, SC

Pros

Cons

Comments about Inglesina Zippy Stroller:

We've had a number of strollers, and the Zippy has been our favorite.  It features a truly one-handed open and close mechanism, and it also latches itself closed so you can lift it right into the car.  The only thing is that you have to be sure the wheels are straight in order for the latch to work, but once you know how they need to be it's not a problem to make sure they're straight.  Once closed, it's pretty compact, rather than just going flat like some strollers, it folds in so that it's looks like a square from the end, and is about 3 ft long.  We've taken it to Disney World, and had no problem folding it up and tossing it on the tram quickly (and it barely takes up the space of 1 person so it was easy to squeeze it in).  It handles very well, has great  suspension which makes for a smooth ride, and large wheels that move well on most surfaces.  Our main  complaint is the sun shade, must be removed to close the stroller, but we only put it on if we'll be outside for extended periods.  The attachable drink holder that came with it just hangs on the handle and doesn't work well either.  These are minor annoyances though, considering the good things about this stroller.

Inglezina Zippy- very cool stroller!

from Ballston Spa, NY

Comments about Inglesina Zippy Stroller:

We did a lot of research looking for a stroller that would last for a long time.  We found a video review of this stroller, and had to have it.  It is truly the only stroller with a real one-hand fold- all the other strollers we tried actually needed two hands, or it folded down to the ground- not very clean or sanitary.  This stroller folds upright, with only one hand, and rests on the ground on a piece separate from the snack tray- that never hits the ground.  Ours is black, and we bought a Graco Safe Seat in silver to fit on top.  It looks great, steers very well.  We take this stroller to the mall, and for neigborhood walks.  We wouldn't bring this stroller off-road, as the wheels are not very big.  The shock system is great, though, for pavement.  The canopy is great, very large, it can go all the way down to the footrest to cover the baby entirely in bad weather or full sun.  They sell a raincover separartely, but with thsi canopy you don't need it.  It advertises as 17 lbs, but one you add in the canopy it is definitely heavier.  It's easy to get into the trunk of the car, but it does take up some room.  This stroller is expensive, but we love it, and think it will last a long time.

Light, easy to fold, and Graco Snugride compatible

from Chandler, AZ

Comments about Inglesina Zippy Stroller:

This stroller maneuvers easily, opens and closes with one hand, and is light enough to easily put into the trunk of a sports sedan.  The Graco Snugride baby carrier fits on it perfectly as well.  Our stroller is now carrying our second child and still looks great and maneuvers well after much abuse.

Love the Iglesina Zippy Stroller - One Hand Use

from Bronx, NY

Comments about Inglesina Zippy Stroller:

This is the best stroller for a busy mom/dad. It really only takes one hand to close and open this stroller. Not too bulky and works great. My daughter loves this stroller. We even love it that when we had to go to the next level stroller the lightweight, we stayed with the Iglesina Brand. Love the look. Although the cup holder is very annoying, it never stays on properly. The basket is also very small. Otherwise, its fantastic.

The very best stroller

from Schenectady, NY

Comments about Inglesina Zippy Stroller:

I purchased my first zippy stroller by inglesina in 2004 when I was pregnant for my first child.  I chose it because I had heard of the beautiful Inglesina prams and became interested in the brand.   At the time I did not even have a baby yet.  I had no idea what to look for in a stroller.  In years to come I realized that It was the most serindipitious choice I ever made.  I have owned and used many other brands of strollers since then.  Non compare to the zippy.  This is the very best stoller on the market for a million practical reasons.  1)  The one handed fold is awsome.  It works flawlessly every time.  it is incredibly easy.  you can hold the baby and close the stoller. A necessity parents-to-be would never think of. 2) It is the lightest "real" (non-umbrella) stroller on the market.  It has beautiful structured padded seats of a regular stroller but folds up small like n umbrella.  (and stands upright in the folded position).  3) the seat reclines all the way and the hood goes down all the way.  Great for naps and keeping sun or rain out fo the babies face.  4) Awsome manuverability- the easiest stroller I have ever pushed.  Turns on a dime.  5) you can hang all of your bags on the handles and it never tips over- even when empty!!!  Amazing feature.  6) it is beautiful and classy looking.

Perfect

from Astoria, NY

Comments about Inglesina Zippy Stroller:

I'm a new parent and when it was time to find a stroller for our first baby, this was exactly what we needed for a heavy duty stroller. It was lighter than most and folded up with one hand. I went everywhere with this stroller by the time my baby was 3 months. It was less bulky and yet spacious for her.
              It came with a rain cover, sunshade, and basket.
              Was a bit more expensive but it is a quality stroller that has continued to last over 2 years without any rips or tears. It's also great for vacations because it fully reclines so the baby can comfortably sleep.
              We also don't have much space in our home and this stroller takes up very little space.
              Well worth the money.