3.9
Indeed

Indeed

3.9

indeed.com - One-stop job shopping

When I was unemployed, I used to search multiple websites and newspapers each day. Then I found **indeed.com**. I was amazed at how complete the job listings were for my area....Read complete review

indeed compiles all the latest employment opening data and posts it immediately to their website. You can search by job title, keywords or company name; and you can also search by city and state or zip. Your search results will give you a listing of jobs by position title and usually will include job requirements, city and sometimes salary information. The website also has information on job trends, salaries and a forum where employment seekers can exchange information or ask questions.

Sign up for their daily job listing e-mails and have all the local openings in your in-box when you check your e-mail each day.

I found indeed.com to be a real time-saver and a much more efficient way of looking for employment. If you're looking for a new position, I recommend indeed.com.

Watch out for scam postings.

Unfortunately, Indeed circulates a lot of scam job postings which target the unemployed. In one scam, the job listing sends you to a 3rd party site (Job Fox) where you must register to view the job. You will get a "free" unsolicited resume review from Job Fox. They then offer to have a professional "fix" your resume for an outrageous sum. This is a terrible scam for the unemployed. Especially when there are free services available in the community. There are other scams (like postings for jobs that are already filled) to get you to register at other sites. I have contacted Indeed about this and got no response from them which proves that they don't care. I wish they would use their brain power to filter out these scams or have warnings for subscribers. Personally, all my job interviews have come from direct contact with recruiters and not from random online job applications that you link to from Indeed.

Excellent and very helpful.

from New York

Comments about Indeed:

I feel like I found an excellent resource to help solve some of my problems. Worth checking out!

two thumbs down... INDEED SUCKS!!

Pros

Cons

• 0 Responses Ever
    • Bad Customer Support
    • Waste Of Time

Comments about Indeed:

Retired Professional using Indeed for more than 1year and NOT ONE INTERVIEW OR RESPONSE!! I find it almost impossible to apply for ANYTHING they post, you'd be better off going to the company directly, their support not only SUCKS, one can't even find an address to ask questions!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS SCAM!!!

Indeed's Pay for Resume Service is terrible!!!

Comments about Indeed:

Shameful. Slick salespeople sell you on a 'push and pay' resume service. Send you nothing but junk. Resumes are unqualified and not even close to the job spec. You can't filter out anything. The Indeed recruiting database is inferior to the other board services available. Indeed will also rack up fees fast. If you complain they will just fight with you and try to "resell" you on worthless metrics. Ridiculous. Certainly not a service that's ready for agency use. They have a lot to learn about customer service. Your subscription/ad spend will be better served with another company.

Not an acceptable source for reliable workers

Comments about Indeed:

I posted a position on Indeed which listed very specific criteria for a specialized position. I did not receive a single qualified person and was blamed by Indeed personnel for not being specific in my listing. When I explained that I have over 30 years experience encompassing Job & Career Counseling, Recruiting, and Job Placement & Management, the Rep still tried to blame me. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS SITE TO ANY EMPLOYER WHO IS SERIOUSLY SEEKING QUALIFIED WORKERS.

Indeed is scam city

Comments about Indeed:

I am an employer and was using Indeed. They have sketchy promotions and end up charging you with hidden fees. I was told that I was being given money towards a job advertisement, but the "credit" expired a few days after. It was only a couple of dollars, but it's just the principle. I will never use them again.

Great Job Search

Comments about Indeed:

I found my current job on indeed.com. This website is very useful when searching for a job. You put in your location, enter a keyword or choose from a category and hundreds of newly listed jobs are found in your location. You can also apply for most of the jobs directly from the site or link to the employer's site to apply for a position.

The BEST around, no-ones ever gonna beat them down!

Comments about Indeed:

So fast!! I guess lot's of people use the larger sites. This one is a LOT less cluttered = MUCH faster response w/ plenty of recent job postings. Like an avg. 80-100 new postings in my field daily! I got so many calls within a week! Helped me get the my asking price. I would recommend this and this one alone :)

Reliably current and accurate. The best by far.

Comments about Indeed:

I used many websites in my job search- it was mostly an exercise in redundancy but frequently is was not. Once I found Indeed, it was immediately apparent that I could stop sifting through the others. By far the most updated and comprehensive site on the web.

Best website for all your job search needs

Comments about Indeed:

Indeed.com is the best website available today for searching jobs. It lets you apply to job in seconds and it's so so easy. Searching jobs produces very relevant results and you can look through them and apply as per your skills and needs. Uploading resume and creating account is very easy and I was getting calls from the very best employers within a day.

OK job site, but not well organized

Comments about Indeed:

Indeed does a half-decent job at aggregating jobs, but some of their features (like reviews) are half-baked and includes many irrelevant reviews, often for unrelated companies. I also find quite a few duplicate jobs in their search results. They are better than the other large aggregators (like SimplyHired), but not as useful as a few of the smaller specialized sites.