3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

I love the InStyler!

It's always been a bit of a challenge for me to straighten my thick, somewhat coarse hair.  A friend had a Chi flat iron, but I didn't like the way it "heated" my hair, or the feeling of dragging my hair through the barrel when I wanted to straighten it.

I was at the supermarket one day, and as I was checking out, I noticed that the cashier had the most beautiful long.straight hair.  I still hadn't made up my mind about which flat iron I wanted to buy, and was wondering how she got her  hair so straight.  She told me she used the InStyler, and said that for her, it worked so much better than any other flat iron she'd ever tried.  I decided to purchase the InStyler, and I couldn't be happier.  The brush and round barrel gently guide the hair through, and it leaves it shiny, not "heated" looking.

Don't believe what you see

The In-Styler Rotating Iron is demonstrated on television all the time.  It seemed like the ideal product when I was watching it being demonstrated.  It showed it changed the hairstyles dramatically in seconds leaving the hair very smooth and lustrous.  I purchased one and got it home and realized that what you see demonstrated is NOT what you get.  It showed the styler styling with the In-Styler and the barrell was in constant rotating position; which leads you to believe that the iron is automatically rotated.  WRONG...you have to hold this tiny hard to push button in to rotate the iron, which they DO NOT tell you in the demonstration.  Your finger will get very sore after a few minutes and if you let go of the button, your hair gets tangles in the barrell.  It is more trouble than if you just use a plain flat iron.  Please do not believe what you see on TV, for this is a product that is falsely advertised and does not deliver good results.

Love it

from Madison,il

Comments about InStyler Rapid Heat Rotating Curling and Flat Iron 30219:

Gives me a quick drying time after washing my hair. I love to use it just for straightening and loose curls.definitely recommend to friends and family.thank you :-)

I would definitely buy this product it's easy to use.

from independence mo

Comments about InStyler Rapid Heat Rotating Curling and Flat Iron 30219:

It's fast and easy. My twelve year old daughter can even use it. It leaves your hair super soft and shiny

It's nice...

from Georgia

About Me Product Junkie

Comments about InStyler Rapid Heat Rotating Curling and Flat Iron 30219:

Like a lot of other people, I saw the commercial and wanted this because it looked so easy to use and the transformation was amazing. I have wavy/frizzy hair and I'm always on a quest to find products that will give me keratin-treatment smooth hair without the cost of getting keratin treatments a few times a year. I also have medium length hair that I'm always trying to grow longer but it hits that length where you know you have to cut it because the ends are just so damaged. Top it all off with living in Georgia's high humidity and you know my challenge.

I really did not find the Instyler to be effective on my hair. It was difficult for me to use - even with an instructional video. It seemed to never get hot enough or maybe I just need more tension to get my hair straight. I also got my hair tangled in the end of it a few times which was scary.

It feels durable enough - not at all flimsy. The controls were easy enough to use. The cord length was fine (it's a pet peeve of mine when hair styling tools have short electrical cords).

Bottom line is I wanted to love it but it was just okay. It's in the bottom drawer in my bathroom with a lot of other products I wanted to love.

• Hair Type:
  • Wavy Hair

Straight hair in half the time

from Columbus, Ohio

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Good Value

Cons

• Can't get close to the root
  • Pulls Hair Sometimes

• Curly or Thick Hair
  • Frizziness/Flyaways

Comments about InStyler Rapid Heat Rotating Curling and Flat Iron 30219:

I wasn't sure about using this at first because, I never really believe the commercials. But, it actually works really good. I have thick curly hair and I hate to put so much heat on it all of the time. Since this has the rotating barrel, it doesn't apply as much heat as other straighteners and it gets the job done quick. My only complaints are that it sometimes pulls my hair out when using it and that I cannot get close to my scalp without nearly burning myself. Other than that, it's worth the price and is very effective.

• Hair Type:
  • Very Curly Hair

Best Styling Product Ever

Comments about InStyler Rapid Heat Rotating Curling and Flat Iron 30219:

I got 2 of these for Xmas and I love mine I have ALOT of THICK hair so it heavy and there is a bunch of it even though I keep it cut in a swing bob just to dry it takes one hour because it's so thick and hold water but I have found with my Instyler I can towel dry it to damp then use my Instyler and from the time I pick up my Instyler til the time I'm finished I've got it down to 20 minutes and my hair is completely dry styled and shining beautifully and shows no heat damage all without extra product in my hair I only use shampoo no other product not even hairspray. This styling tool has been amazing it has saved me loads of time not to mention all the money I used to spend on hair product that I no longer need, I love it!!!!!

My style is usually good for 2 days befor I need to touch it up so I don't have to do my hair every day.

Works better than regular flat iron.

Comments about InStyler Rapid Heat Rotating Curling and Flat Iron 30219:

For reference, I have normal hair which only has a very small amount of wave in it. My hair is medium thickness and is fairly easy to straighten but a little tough to hold a curl. Overall I am rather pleased with the InStyler Rotating Curling and Flat Iron. I found that the device heated up rather quickly to a decent temperature. It only took about a minute before I was able to start doing my hair. What I like a lot about this compared to a regular flat iron is that it straightens my hair faster because of the rotating barrel. Because of the barrel the ends of my hair are helped to curl in towards my face. I like that about it very much although if you are a person who wants your ends extremely straight as well, it may be more difficult for you to achieve the result you are going for. The one big downfall of this device is that it doesn't really work well as a curling iron. I found that extremely difficult to wrap my hair around the barrel without burning my fingers and also impossible to get a decent looking curl. If you want a good straightener this is an awesome choice but if you curl your hair more than I would check out other products instead.

Gets stuck in your hair!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about InStyler Rapid Heat Rotating Curling and Flat Iron 30219:

I saw this on the TV commercial and I thought that it was probably the coolest thing that I had ever seen and I decided then and there that no matter what the price was that I was going to order this thing and that I would absolutely love it and use it every day. I ordered it and it arrived within a few days, I was so excited to use this. The commercial made it look so easy so I figured that it would be simple enough to use and that my hair would look fabulous just like the ladies on TV did. Maybe my expectations were a little bit too high, or maybe I am just not very good at it, but I was somewhat disappointed. About every other time or so that I use this, my hair gets stuck in it, I don't know how or why, but it does. It works okay the rest of the time, it makes your hair have a nice curl to it, but it is not as perfect and pretty as you would hope for. It sucks the hair up in it and then it puts it back out on its own, it is pretty cool how it does it, but I have found that many of my curls end up lacking curl in them at all. It heats up really fast and works fast once you turn it on, but it just doesn't make my hair how I want it all of the time.

Works well

Comments about InStyler Rapid Heat Rotating Curling and Flat Iron 30219:

This product is not very loud for a rotating barrel iron. It is very easy to use with a simple button press for on/off and high/low settings. This iron can work on any type of hair but it works best on longer hair than short. You will definitely see a difference when using this iron if you have curly hair.

I have long, thick, frizzy and wavy/curly hair which is why I wanted a product that would help cut down on the styling time. The Instyler Rotating Curling and Flat Iron with the 1 & 1/4 inch barrel really helped my hair. It smoothed down the frizz while straightening. I used my iron on completely dry hair with an anti-damage serum and it really did the job!

I dropped my iron multiple times on a hard tile floor and it took a few years for it to break. After the first couple of drops a piece on the top of the iron came off but it was not beneficial or important for the iron to work so I was not worried about it. It withstood multiple drops and about 3-4 years of thick, curly and frizzy hair.

A frizz-ball inducing straightener.

Comments about InStyler Rapid Heat Rotating Curling and Flat Iron 30219:

I did not have anything close to good results with this hair straightener. I received it for Christmas a few years ago and on the first try I looked like a fuzz ball. The brush and the rotating cylinder made flyaways just jump off of my head and out into the limelight. I will most certainly never use this straightener again. I would take the blame and say that it was my hair that was unnaturally dry - but I can vouch that it was not. I occasionally get frizzy hair, but it isn't anything a dab of oil can't fix. This straighter would take the whole bottle.

Not only did the straightener turn my hair frizz-nasty, it didn't even leave it with straight hair. I had flips and the ends and throughout my hair, which may be a style some women are going for, but it certainly was not for me.

The straightener comes with a bag that holds it pretty well for travel, but unless you're bringing some crazy strong de-frizzer (or a better straightener) you'd be better off just leaving it at home.

Worked pretty good on very thick hair.

Comments about InStyler Rapid Heat Rotating Curling and Flat Iron 30219:

I like this for body and bounce more than anything. I seem to get the results I want hen I pull down when running the in styled over a piece of hair. I also use a smoother or defrizzer right before I use it to still get some sleekness to it. I'd definitely recommend for thin to medium thick hair.