Other Depression Medicines:
Imipramine Tablets

Imipramine Tablets

Imipramine Good Anti-Depressant but Bad On Your LIver!

from Fort Gratiot, MI

Comments about Imipramine Tablets:

Almost thirty years ago, I was diagnosed with a chemical imbalance 'Concurrent Depression' and my psychiatrist gave me Impramine (Generic Name) for Tofranil back than.  What people fail to realize is that anti-depressants are not a "happy" pill.  There is an imbalance of serotonin in the brain and anti-depressants equal out that problem.  Only a professional can properly diagnose a chemical imbalance.  The medication helps a great deal in giving you the proper tools to work through everyday difficulties and to obtain a more balanced state of mind.  Anti-depressants take three to four weeks before you begin feeling them in your system.  The good news is that they had a very positive affect on me.  I was less stressed while also acheiving more tools through cognitive therapy (talking to a psychologist on a regular basis).  Incorporating both of these elements literally changed my life and I was able to not only be content but successful.  After various testing throughout the years, it has been determined that I will be on medication the rest of my life.  The only drawback with Imipramine is that it is hard  on your liver especially if you are on it for a long time.  I have been able to wean off with the doctors help and am on an anti-depressant that is half the strength now and not as strong. Not everyone has the same plight as mine.  Many individuals only need medications like these at certain times.