4.1
Icy Hot
Icy Hot Medicated Patch

Icy Hot Medicated Patch

4.1

Pros

• Easy to administer (3)

Wow, I couldn't live without my Icy Hot Patches

Cannot begin to tell you how truly wonderful Icy Hot Patches are.  Within minutes it helps alleviate my lower back pain.  In 2008 I had an abscess removed from my spine which left me unable to move below the waste.& I was told that I would never move or walk again!. After lots of love from my husband and son and some really terrific therapists, I am now able to walk with a walker, quad canes, etc. After sitting in a wheelchair for so long, the muscles in my back had gotten very weak.When I would be walking in therapy, my lower back hurt so much that it almost stopped me dead in my tracks! I had used Icy Hot Patches prior to my surgery for occasional back pain and had my husband bring some to the hospital. Wow, problem solved! I could concentrate on getting better instead of focusing on the pain in my spine! Wouldn't live without them!

Not sure what's worse, the pain or the IcyHot

I can't believe his gimmick of a product has been on the shelves for so long.  I have tendonitis in my elbow and, honestly, I prefer the pain to IcyHot any day!  If you have pain, I say invest in a heated pad.  All this does is give you a weird tingly feeling on top of the pain.  If you take the pad off after five minutes, the uncomfortable sensation goes away and it does numb the pain at that point, but if you leave that puppy on, you'll be wishing you never applied it in the first place. Wanted to love it, but I'm not really a fan.  I guess it could do until you get your hands on a heating pad.  I would recommend it only to do numb the area to do a necessary activity that uses the muscle that's causing you pain.  For example, for me, that would be doing my hair and getting dressed since there's no way to avoid using my elbow, being that I'm right-handed and the tendonitis is in my right elbow.  Besides that, totally not what it's cracked up to be.  At least it didn't cost much.

I'll do two separate ratings:

leaving the pad on the whole time - 1 star

taking it off after a few minutes and just using the ointment that remains - 3

NOT SURE

from BC CANADA

About Me Have Medical Condition

Pros

• Easy To Administer
  • No Side Effects
  • Prevents Swelling
  • Promotes Healing
  • Relieves Pain
  • Relieves Symptoms Fast

• Arthritis
    • Everyday

Comments about Icy Hot Medicated Patch:

Ive been using icyHot for a month..I do and always have felt the cold/and medicine etc..BUT no heat at all..No matter, it works for me, I use it on my thumbs for arthritis and my thighs. it does help but not for long, I have to use it daily,,I use it to help me sleep..I think its best on market for now, I will try something different ( BRAND) next week. I would recommend it for mild muscle aches..

Really works

from Eastliverpool ohio

About Me Healthy Adult

Pros

• Easy To Administer
    • Effective
    • No Side Effects
    • Promotes Healing
    • Relieves Pain
    • Relieves Symptoms Fast

• Everyday

Comments about Icy Hot Medicated Patch:

I work in a casino as an overnight housekeeper and before I started using icy hot patches extra strength I was in so much pain after my shift I couldn't move but I tried the patches and I could move after without being in pain they really work

icy Hot

from Mesa, Arizona

Pros

• Easy To Administer

Cons

• Not Effective

Comments about Icy Hot Medicated Patch:

Not a very effective product. Doesn't get hot or relieve pain , it just smells good. Slanpas seems to get hot and relieve pain more.

Piece of junk

from Albany, Or

About Me Healthy Adult

Pros

Cons

• Does Not Alleviate Pain
          • Hard to Administer
          • Not Effective

Comments about Icy Hot Medicated Patch:

I have a slight muscle pull from of all things picking of a golf ball. I bought Icy Hot patches and at first had a hard time putting one on. In any case. No Icy and very little Hot. I'll never buy it again and definitely won't suggest it to a friend. Terrible stuff

Is this stuff for real? It did not do anything for me NOTHING!

from Birmingham, Al

Comments about Icy Hot Medicated Patch:

I have arthritis and I was told that this stuff was a miracle! Ha it did nothing but make my joints colder there was no hot to it at all. And I was trying to get away from the cold it was what was making me hurt in the first place. NO GOOD

I thought that I was going to be getting some relief from my arthritis pain, but it only made it worse. The pads did not get warmer once they were applied to my achy shoulders I just kept waiting and I was rewarded with a slight cooling sensation that was the opposite of helping me. I have so much better results from DMSO (dimethyel sulferoxide) It is made from pine resin and works wonders in a wide range of ailments. It can be purchased at pharmacies and also at Feed and Seed Supply Stores. It is very useful on animals as a linament. It is great.

I guess it would need to be easy to use since it doesn't do anything. All you do is slap on the little patch of coldness and wait for your pain to intensify. Because that is all it did for me.

Can Use these Patches No Matter Where you GO

from wrightstown

Comments about Icy Hot Medicated Patch:

The Icy Hot Patch is very convenient and works well too. I like these because is I have an ache or pain , I can apply the patch and wear it anywhere during the day. I wear these under my clothes when I have to go to work or an event if I have a sore neck or back . They are medicated and I believe that helps with the soreness of the muscle I use it on. They stick fairly well but sometimes they do come loose and need to be a bit more adhesive if you wear it for a long time and of course need to be reapplied it you use one in the shower. They are easy to take with you for travel , work or school as they fit right in your handbag, backpack or suitcase. They help ease the pain quickly and the medication seems to help as well. I have tried other heat patches and some do not seem to work or fall off easily but these stay on and do the trick. If you have a minor sore muscle or ache or pain I would recommend that you try the Icy Hot Medicated Patch. It works well.

Pretty good at relieving tension and muscle aches.

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about Icy Hot Medicated Patch:

I would say this product is a pretty good buy for the price. I don't think it's as effective as it states it will be on the box but that's typical of most products. Depending upon where the area is that needs relief, depends on how well the patch holds up and stays put on your skin. I can definitely feel the cold to hot sensation but I'm not quite sure it's intense enough to really be as effective as it says it should. However, it does help and the price is reasonable so I will continue to buy this product on a here and there basis.

As mentioned in the Overall Rating, I feel that it is moderately effective. I think it comes down to not emitting enough cold then hot from the patch for it to be as effective as the brand claims it to be. I also think, depending on where the relief site is located, having the patch stay stationary plays another big role in whether or not it is going to work properly and provide that needed relief. I also do not feel that the patch lasts long enough. The product states all day relief but that is definitely no where near the case. Maybe 2 hrs tops. That's been my experience anyway. However, as mentioned above, for the price and the moderate effectiveness I will continue to buy this product for minor muscle aches.

The directions on how to apply the patch is pretty simple and self explanatory. It's usually a pretty fast and easy application however, if it's in one of those hard to reach areas on your back (you know, that spot you can never itch right? lol) then it becomes a little challenging. That's when you need a second person to help you get it on just right.

I Was Shocked to Discover These Work!

Comments about Icy Hot Medicated Patch:

If you work on your feet all day long; like myself, you're going to be in pain by the end of the day. Popping pills is hard on the liver, and hard on the pocket book. If you're looking for a drug free alternative to treat you pain, try Icy Hot Medicated Patch. While this product may not work on severe pain, most of our pain is not severe.

Icy Hot is easy to apply. When you find the spot that hurts; stick on the patch, and relax the area. Minor muscle aches are treated rapidly, and remain painless for the remainder of the day. Since there are no drugs involved, you can use this product when needed.

The versatility offered is one of the strong points of Icy Hot. If, for example; your left hurts, you can apply the patch and watch a movie; or work on the computer. I have even kept these patches on while engaging in physical activities at work. Icy Hot won't do a whole lot for extreme pain, but they a great to have around otherwise.

Intense muscle spasms will be untouched; anything else, you will do just fine with Icy Hot.

Other than the back, these are easy to apply.

Does a patchy job

Comments about Icy Hot Medicated Patch:

When you work or drive for a long time, your back tends to hurt from all the stress on the spine. I bought this icy hot medicated patch especially for the purpose of alleviating this pain. I have to admit, it was easy to put on and it did stick but it wasn't as effective as I thought it would be. The patch only changed temperatures which didn't really treat my pain at all. Not sure if I will buy this again!

They work well if you do not have sensitive skin.

Comments about Icy Hot Medicated Patch:

While the Icy Hot patches do help relieve your muscle pain, they can burn your skin. This happened to my skin. It felt like the equivalent to a moderate sun burn.

Icy Hot Patches do help relieve minor aches and pains.

It is not messy and all you have to do is apply the patch to your skin. .