Other Dog Foods:
Dry Dog Food
Iams
Iams Weight Control Large Breed Dry Dog Food

Glad I Switched

I'm 27 years old and I've had dogs in my house my entire life. My family had always used Purina One dog food. 4 years ago I bought my two lab puppies and we had started out feeding them Purina one as usual but when they were around a year old the vet told me that one of the dogs was overweight. They get a lot of time outside so I was pretty upset to hear that. When the vet and I were discussing the situation I found out that the food we had been feeding them has a lot of carbs and fillers and is not necessarily as good for dogs as my family had thought. He reviewed with me a bunch of other types and the IAMS weight control seemed like the best choice. It was healthy, available and not very overpriced. Since switching both of my dogs are at a normal weight and also seem much happier and healthier, they LOVE this food! I can get it at a grocery store, tractor supply or a pet supply store and its about the same cost as most brands of dog food. I am very glad I switched my dogs to this and so are they.

USA

true

I have tried lots of foods but this stuff is the best!!!

Having three dogs (2 chihuahuas and a corgi mix), its hard to find a good dog food that all of them like and that all of them will eat. This food is one of those foods that will please everyone and that will not break the pocket book. It's also a food that is easy to find (Walmart, Petco) mostly everywhere that has dog food. Quality of Ingredients I have checked the ingredients versus some of the other comparable priced dog foods and this is by far more superior then most. Ingredients are an important part of the food that I feed my fur babies and I am always checking for the best stuff for the best price and this stuff delivers everything that not only I need but what my babies need as well. Flavor Selection All of my dogs love the taste of this food. My dogs are known as picky eaters and if I ever dare to change there food they go on what we like to call a cuddle strike. They love this food over all others that I have tried.

USA

Good for my fat girl!

We have a Golden Retriever who is almost eleven years old now and as she has gotten older, she has gotten lazier and less active. We took her to the vet and the poor girl weighs over 90 pounds! So they recommended that we put her on a reduced calorie dog food. Her biggest problem in the past was the fact that she's a food thief and would grab burgers off the table when we weren't looking. But now that she has a bad knee and isn't getting around as well, she isn't burning off the calories of the regular dog food. We got a prescription for expensive dog food but found that this Iams brand has been working and she is down 5 pounds. It's easier to buy this because we can get it at any grocery store and it's way more affordable than prescription food. Bailey likes it just fine and eats the whole bowl when we give it to her so it must be good! We also trust the Iams brand so it makes us feel good to be able to still buy her good quality food!

Crofton, MD

true

dog food that really does control my dogs weight

Before feeding my husky this dog food, he was 20 pounds overweight. I have fed this to my dog for 6 months now. He has not gained any extra weight, and has actually lost 15 pounds! there is never any left over, he eats it all. I only give my husky 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup at night. He is not left hungry and the weight is coming off. My vet has noted the change. He is livelier and wants to play and go for more walks. His coat is even nicer, it seems softer. He just seems to be much more happy and energetic. Quality of Ingredients Iams is always a brand that I trust. They always use high quality ingredients. Since using this dog food, my dog has much less fecal waste. How nice is that...much less waste to clean up in the yard. This just goes to show you that there is not very many fillers and useless ingredients. Flavor Selection Only one flavor is available. My dog has loved it since day one. When I switched over to this food, his digestive system was never upset.

Lansing, MI

Iams Weight Control Helps Large Dogs Get in Shape

Some dogs have a tendency to gain weight and while the problem can affect any dog, it seems to be a greater problem/risk for the larger breeds. The reason is because large dogs are capable of eating such huge amounts of food that, in reasonably short time, they can start to become round in shape and lose their ability to maneuver themselves as gracefully as before. A strict diet can help resolve the problem, and a little help from a product such as Iams Weight Control Large Breed Dog Food can help, too. Iams Weight Control Large Breed Dog Food helps larger breeds get back in shape through its reduced calories and fat formula. With this dog food, a large breed can slowly, gradually get back to its old self again. Controlled servings of food are still important, but with a dog food like this, the reduced caloric value will make a noticeable difference over time. We all know that reduced calorie and reduced fat human food is often bland in taste, but there is no such problem with this dog food. Your dog won't even know there is a difference when compared to his/her regular Iams food. The desire to eat is usually pretty strong anyway in a large, overweight dog so owners will likely not need to worry that their puffy pooch will enjoy this food. Excess weight can cause many problems in dogs and the problem is often magnified in larger breeds because they usually have shorter live spans. There is no reason to let your large breed remain in this condition. Control his/her eating and replace the food normally served with Iams Weight Control Large Breed Dog Food. With some good exercise and controlled servings of this food, dogs will gradually shed the pounds and return to their former selves. Quality of Ingredients Ingredients are good, and the reduced calories is helpful Flavor Selection Not many flavor options, but dos seem to like it regardless.

Houston, TX

not good for dogs

This product, like all Iams and Eukanuba products, are not as good as they used to be. There are so many ingredients and many of them are of no nutritional value to your dog. My dogs do not like this product and will not eat it. They are not picky eaters, but they seem to be unsatisfied with the Iams brand of products. I foster dogs and have found that the best liked dry food is actually the Hills Science Diet. It is made of very few ingredients. Anything that does not sound good to you when you are reading the nutritional values and ingredients listed on the package likely are not actually good for your dog. The price is high, the quality is less than stellar and there are many products comparably priced that are much healthier choices to give your dog nutrients for a long and happy life.

Allston, MA

Dog hated it

My dog eats anything, and I mean anything that falls off the counter or off of a kid'splate. I have bought him most varieties of Iams and he eats them all. When I bought Iams weight control (because our dog is way too fat!) he wpuld not finish his food. We thought he wasn't feeling well but when I switched food he goobled it down. For some reason he did not like the taste of the weight control variety

East Northport, NY

false

Toby looses fat whlie eating IAMS

I work with rescue dogs, schnauzers are the breed that I love and work to save from local shelters. When the dogs come into my home for the shelter they are often underweight, have skin and digestive issues. I put them regime that includes good dog food. My Cairn Terrier Toby gets into everyone else dog food and tends to get portly. IAMS Weight control for Pets is my food of choice to keep poor Toby for getting so big he cant even roll over. This superlative food is worth every penny you spend on it. The difference is quickly apparent just as soon as start feeding a chubby dog on the IAMS regime. Toby is not grumpy or hungry he just eats and starts to shed those unwanted tubby rolls of fat. Occasionaly we do get a Schnauzer that is way overweight and IAMS helps him get fit and trim. The difference that IAMS Weight control for Pets makes in getting fat dogs fit is wonderful and works so nicely. IAMS Weight control for Pets is easy to get any dog interested eating no musses no fuss. There also is no transition stomach upset IAMS Weight control for Pets provides so many good nutrient that you don't have to worry about supplements while your precious pooch is loosing weight.

Rowlett, TX

true

Doesn't really control weight that well

I love my dog more then anything in the world but she needs to loose weight. For the longest time I had been feeding her this food and she is still over weight. When I finally bought her some science diet and fed her green beans to make her full, she has lost 2 pounds. I am so excited she can be a healthier dog now. She did love the taste of this food, but we decided to only feed her the weight control treats from now on and give her different food. It's for the best in the end.

Cleveland, OH

false

Iams Dog Food is helping get my dog back in shape

Although Iams isn't considered a premium dog food I feel that this is a trusted brand I'm happy to use. If you have a dog with no allergies or other issues this dog food should suit your needs just fine. I have a Scottish Terrier who is a couple of pounds overweight, not obese. I have been feeding her this for a few months and I feel that she is getting slimmer. Our other dog is a Bulldog and ironically she is in better shape. I feel that this food could cause issues with allergies to some dogs. I have fed the Iams brand to my dogs for years. I have never had any problems and feel that this dog food is budget friendly and affordable for anyone. It has great benefits and will help slim down your dog. My dog likes the taste and I feel that the kibble size is friendly and works well for smalls. dogs. Also, if fed properly a big bag of this dog food can last a few months. I believe that my dog gets 1.5 cups a day. We still have a lot of this left and she is fed 3/4 cup twice a day. Overall I think that if you have a dog who has no allergies and needs help cutting calories this dog food is ideal.

Richmond Hill, GA