Other Cat Foods:
Dry Cat Food
Iams
Iams ProActive Healthy Multi-Cat Dry Cat Food

Iams ProActive Healthy Multi-Cat Dry Cat Food

IAMS Proactive Health: only food we will ever buy for our girls!

from Somerset, TX

Comments about Iams ProActive Healthy Multi-Cat Dry Cat Food:

In September of 2007 I was given a cat by a co-worker who could no longer keep her. (She still lived with her parents, and her parents were making her get rid of the cat). Her name is Peaches. Peaches was about 6 months old when I took her into my home and my heart, she was a sweet cat, but the girl who gave her to me had been feeding her the cheapest, nastiest, store brand foods. They smelled bad, didn't look good AT ALL, and poor peaches kept getting an upset tummy and throwing up all over the place. I tried a few different types of food before finding the one that would be her saving grace.

Since we have been feeding both of our kitties (the other one, Gizmo... was our little rescued stray we found at about 6 weeks old)... Iams Original w/ Chicken Proactive Health kitty food, Peaches now ONLY gets sick when she eats too fast and then gets active immediately after (which isn't very often). When my best friend and her boyfriend moved out to Texas from California and they stayed with us with their 3 cats.... 2 of their kitties kept eating our cats' food, over there (what I always assumed was tastier) Kit N Kaboodle food. I guess the flavor of the Iams is a lot more appealing than it seemed to the two of us.

Either way, it is the only dry cat food we will ever buy for our spoiled, baby girls EVER again. Its an expensive treat for them, and right now only one of us is working.... but our girls will NOT suffer just because we may be low on funds. No way, no how.

Better than average cat chow

from Denver, CO

Comments about Iams ProActive Healthy Multi-Cat Dry Cat Food:

I have used Iams cat food for my in-home felines for almost 2 decades now.  The multi-cat formula seems to provide excellent nutrition for cats of all ages.  Recently I had to put down my oldest cat -- but he had lived past 18 years on Iams!  During that entire time, he had extremely good health until finally the passage of time caught up to him.  My other cat was 8 years younger.  She seems to have benefited from this mulit-cat formula just as much -- strong body, bright eyes, shiny coat, and never an illness in her life.

I believe Iams multi-cat food is a superior product for promoting a shiny, healthy coat.  After I put down my old boy, I adopted a new companion for my remaining cat.  When she first came home with me, this calico's coat lacked any luster.  Her previous owner had provided me with a bag of the food she had been feeding the calico.  But as soon as this new cat came in the house, she began eating from the Iams bowl of food and wouldn't touch her old brand.  In a couple of weeks, her coat was sleek and shiny.

This product is more costly than the brands you readily find in grocery stores, but it seems to be well worth it.  Those of us who love our cats know that good nutrition is of far more value than saving a few bucks.

Best Cat Food There Is

from Corinth, MS

Comments about Iams ProActive Healthy Multi-Cat Dry Cat Food:

I have 3 cats that I feed everyday. I have been trying different cat foods for a while now trying to find the best one and I finally have found it. Iams Multi-cat Cat food for indoor cats is the best. It is real small so it's easy for my baby kitten and my adult cat both to eat instead of having to buy two different kinds this works for kittens and adult cats. It doesn't have a bitter smell to it like alot of cat food i've tried either. And my cats love it which is the most important factor of all. It also seems to help them use the bathroom better and right instead of being diarrhoea like, which is usually what happens when I use other brands of cat food. Iams is a little pricer than others but it's worth it if you really love your cats and want them happy and the litter box to be cleaner, which is my favorite part about it! So, if you love your babies and want to spoil them rotten and have a cleaner litter box try this cat food. Iams multi-cat indoor cat food is awesome! Defiantly worth a little more money for all the benefits it gives you.

from Haddonfield, NJ

Comments about Iams ProActive Healthy Multi-Cat Dry Cat Food:

I have two cats and one of which had a urinary tract infection many years ago.  I have always had to feed my cats high quality food because of this.  All of the sudden, my other cat started loosing her fur.  She had red bumps on her skin as well that irritated and itched her.  I took her to the vet and after many tests they determined that she was allergic to the food that she was eating.  I tried everything even the top quality all natural brands but she still did not get any better.  I finally tried Iams and it worked.  My cats coat is back to normal and she doesn't itch any more.

I chose the weight control formula because one cat is overweight and the other is a little skinny.  It has helped one cat loose weight and the other seems to maintain his weight.  Another plus is that Iams cat foods are ok for cats who have had urinary tract infections.  As long as Iams yeilds the same results, I don't think I will ever switch.

Iams plus 15 cats equals perfect harmony.

from Saint Joseph, MN

Comments about Iams ProActive Healthy Multi-Cat Dry Cat Food:

We have 15 rescue cats and have had them on Iams for years. The first thing you will notice is that their coats became lush and soft as satin. The other change was less fur ball deposits on the floor. It is true that the higher the quality of the food the less they eat and the easier it is to clean the litter box. In our case litter BOXES. We have tried more expensive brands and they have been good. But the cats really love the Iams best. So we will remain Iams fans.

excellent product--does what it advertises.

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Iams ProActive Healthy Multi-Cat Dry Cat Food:

Iams Multi-Cat food is advertised as being able to help pet owners with more than one cat regulate their cats' weights.  It is supposed to keep them at appropriate levels of muscle and fat.  Iams Multi-Cat food definitely works and my cats love it!  One of my cats was a little overweight and the other was very active and muscular.  I bought this cat food and my tubby cat slimmed down while the more active cat maintained his balance.  It's wonderful!  It comes in a variety of flavors-my cats happen to prefer the salmon blend.  It also come in small pieces which is great for my cat who is short a few teeth-she can easily eat these pieces.  I highly recommend Iams Multi-Cat food if you have more than one cat.

Perfect Food For Diverse, Multi-Cat Households

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Iams ProActive Healthy Multi-Cat Dry Cat Food:

Everybody knows feeding different cats with different formulas is a tough assignment.  If you have a fat cat, you can try to put the healthy one's feed on top of a washer-dryer, assuming fatty can't leap to the bowl.  But this is a better answer: one formula that you don't have to separate for family feeding time.

The L-carnatine helps fit cats keep muscle and build muscle while optimized vitamin A helps control appetite for those who may not need any extra calories.  A patented fiber system keeps litter box duty as pleasant as possible with neat "gifts" that I swear have less smell because of the positive bacteria that is encouraged to grow in the pet's digestive system.

One addition: if you have a cat with digestive sensitivity, try Iams Digestive Care.  It's new in a pink bag and should make kitty's tummy happy.

Its all my cats will eat

from Magnolia, TX

Comments about Iams ProActive Healthy Multi-Cat Dry Cat Food:

**My cats are everything to me. I have 3. All are spaded. ONe is wild, One is a housecat and one is in out all the time. I love them all. Tinka has been to the emergency room more than once. She is an expensive kitty. I have had tyra and tinka for about 5 years and bob for about 2. **