4.8

Cons

Cats Love It!

from Ohio

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Digestive Care Dry Cat Food:

I have fed my cats Iams since they were kittens and it has always been the best way to go. We have two indoor cats in our home, both with very different taste buds, both equally as picky as the other! They have never refused to eat Iams. Recently one of our cats starting having trouble and was getting sick and throwing up a lot all of a sudden so we have switched from feeding them the regular classic Iams formula for cats to the ProActive Health formula. Both of our cats love the food just as much, if not better than the original dry Iams cat food. The food itself does seem to work wonders for the cats as we have not been stuck cleaning up embarrassing messes in front of company lately. I'm definitely going to continue buying this food as long as they continue to put it on the shelves. I would recommend it to any pet owner who has a cat who is a picky eater and also suffers from digestive problems. It's well worth the price!

Quality of Ingredients
High-quality ingredients!

Flavor Selection
My cats love Iams flavor!

• Flavor Selection:

I am definitely happy with this food!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Digestive Care Dry Cat Food:

I have always purchased food from Purina, but I had a coupon for Iam's and the store was offering a fantastic deal that I could not pass up. My cat has digestive issues, which I have mentioned in other reviews, so I really did want to try the Iam's ProActive Health Digestive Care cat food to see if it helped her digestive problems. I was surprised at how much it did seem to help. The food I was purchasing cut down on her getting sick a lot, but not completely. She still had fits of vomiting now and then and there has not been a food that I have purchased that has helped this issue with her. When I bought this food, I would have been happy if she only had one fit a week, however, she has been eating this food for two weeks now and she has not thrown up once. That is a wonderful thing! She seems to have more energy and since she is an eleven year cat, that makes me very happy! I definitely recommend this food for any cat that has issues with digestion and vomiting. I am glad that I purchased it and I will be purchasing it again.

Controls My Cat's Stomach Upset

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Digestive Care Dry Cat Food:

My cat is one of those that is constantly throwing up his food. No matter which kind I switch too , he still has the problem. I have tried many dry foods and some are a little better on his tummy than others. I saw the Pro Active Digestive Care Dry Cat food in my grocery store and decided to give it a try. He really liked the flavor of the food which was good because sometimes he is very finicky and it drives me crazy when he circles his cat food bowl meowing but won't eat. I poured this in his bowl and he immediately ate it and did not turn his nose up at it. He seems to have less stomach upsets as well although he still does have some. This food seems to be better for his stomach and he likes the taste so that is good. Iams cost more than other dry cat foods but it is worth it to me especially if it helps with his digestion. It has good quality ingredients and not a bunch of garbage. I am glad that I tried it and will continue to buy it.

• Flavor Selection:

My cats prefer Iams to any other brand!

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Digestive Care Dry Cat Food:

My cats love the taste of Iams Proactive Health and I can tell that it keeps them healthy and happy. Their fur is thick and glossy, they have a lot of energy, and no stomach problems with this food. It's a little pricey to buy the 16 pound bag, but well worth it. My only warning is not to give the cats unlimited amounts of Iams dry food because they will get fat on it!

Best for my cats

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Digestive Care Dry Cat Food:

Out of all the cat foods I have tried, this one tops them all. It is great for my older cat that is 14 and has a sensitive stomach and my 4 year old cat loves it as well. They don't get hairballs and the litter box is better with them eating this.

Flavor Selection
My cats will eat this over any other.

Perfect for my cats

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Digestive Care Dry Cat Food:

I have two cats. One of which is older, has a sensitive stomach, is prone to hairballs, and is a very finicky eater. I can't begin to list all the different brands of cat food I have tried for my cats. Everything from the cheapest to the most expensive, and this is the only brand I have discovered that my cats not only love, but has helped my older cats digestive system incredibly. He absolutely loves the taste and is no longer having issues with coughing up hairballs. I love the fact that Iams is healthy for them and produces a balanced diet for my cats. I also love that it is not to expensive and come in many different flavors and types,such as hairball control, to choose from. I have been feeding them Iams for years now and absolutely would not consider changing to another brand. This is a brand I trust implicitly and I believe that the Iams company has my cats best interest and health at heart.

• Flavor Selection:

IAMS Cat Food is the Cat's Meow!

from Littleton, CO

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Digestive Care Dry Cat Food:

I have been a cat owner my entire life, and each cat I previously owned always had the stomach 'pouch' by the time they left their kitten years.

My current kitty is lean, fit, active, and 100% healthy. His coat is shiny and healthy, his teeth are clean, and he is the perfect weight for his length. Our vets cannot say enough good things about him.

I attribute this to the IAM's cat food for hairball control. He has medium-length fur, and I have only heard him cough up hairballs a few times in the 2 1/2 years that he has been a part of our family.

The food, although a little pricier than others in its range, is worth it. We buy the largest bags that our stores carry and it lasts for months. Our kitty also loves the taste of the food, and has a healthy appetite.

As he gets older, I am confident that the IAM's food will keep him nice and healthy. Previous cats, who ate different foods, fell victim to feline diabetes and other weight-related ailments. Since this product seems to keep him at a healthy weight, I hope to avoid these perils.

Worth Every Penny

from Capitola, CA

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Digestive Care Dry Cat Food:

If you have an indoor cat or your cat is as silly as mine is and will only use litter box than this is the food for you. There is nothing worse to me when your cat stinks your whole house up. Iams cat food reduces the stink of your cats scat that it is almost undetectable. try it for your self and find out. It is worth every peeny. Furthermore Iams really helps your cat have a healthy,soft, and shiny coat all year round.

Perfect for my cat

from Troy, OH

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Digestive Care Dry Cat Food:

I have a twelve year old cat that constantly would throw up.  She was diagnose with thyroid cancer.  Even though she is taking medicine to keep her cancer undercontrol.  This cat food has practically elimated all vominting

This food stopped my cat from vomiting

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about Iams ProActive Health Digestive Care Dry Cat Food:

My cat was vomiting pretty much daily with her previous food.   We switched her to IAMS Digestive Care and within a few days, the vomiting stopped.  This also meant changing our other two cats to this food.  All three cats readily accepted it.  One of the other cats had occasionally had problems with diarrhea and it also solved his problem.

We've been using this product now for about 2 and a half years and I don't plan on changing.  I have also given them Purina One Sensitive System and they prefer the Iams product.  That one is cheaper than IAMS, so I still occasionally give it to them.