3.8
Other Misc. Home Appliances:
iRobot

3.8

Picks up the dirty water after cleaning.

I really needed the Scooba since I have a dog and live near the beach.  My yard is mostly sand and my dog enjoys tracking it into the kitchen.  I use the Scooba weekly to keep my kitchen clean.  I was very surprized the first time I emptied the dirty water.  I couldn't believe how dirty my floor was.  I thought it was clean whenever I mopped it but I realized that I wasn't able to pick up the dirty water.  Being an older citizen, this product has made my life a lot easier.  The biggest problem I have is that the Scooba doesn't get into the corners so I use a sponge to clean them.  If I didn't have the Scooba, I probably would have to hire someone to do my floors for me.  I also use it in my tile bathrooms.  It doesn't get behind the toilets but again, I use a sponge to clean these areas.  Less time and work cleaning, more time to enjoy life.  My kind of product.

Cute but disappointing

The Scooba cleans well (except it can't clean edges). What I found disappointing is that it could not clean my entire (not very large) kitchen on a single charge, nor on a single tank of cleaning solution. When I had to empty the dirty water and refill the solution tank in the middle of a cleaning cycle, the Scooba wouldn't just pause; it started over completely when I restarted it. That was annoying and wasteful. I'm returning it, sad to say.

Takes your blues away!

from New York, NY

Comments about iRobot Scooba 5800 Vacuum:

There can be a lot of crumbs with kids around or with pets shedding pet hairs and the iRobot Scoobs 5800 Vacuum is capable to taking away dust, and best of all, going under beds and cabinets. It is fairly light, easy to move around and works when you set it. It does its own thing and does not baby sitting. It is not a replacement for a vaccum cleaner because you can't put it inside a couch to clean hairs or dust and you can't get it to lift dust from say the corner of a book case, given its round shape, but it is great for floors and also can work on flat carpets. Not so good for furry rugs, it might get stuck and not do the job. It's a pretty blue color and smooth. Recommend.

Goes where you can't go!

from New York, NY

Comments about iRobot Scooba 5800 Vacuum:

iRobot Scooba 5800 Vacuum can simply go where you cannot go, nor your broom and where dust bunnies reside, such as under beds, under large sofas that are slightly lifted off the ground. It is very slender so if it fits, it will go. It catches most dust and debris and is efficient. It will not do edges but these can easily be swept - and it is because it is round and has no sharp brush that sticks out. It is sensitive to debris and picks it up well. A little net - screen like filter can be wiped off for dust and if you wish to keep it more hygenic, you can wash the filter and dry it. Battery life on the device is fairly strong and you get great value for this product.

Sparkling clean floors...when you are not even there!

from Ft Mitchell, KY

Comments about iRobot Scooba 5800 Vacuum:

This product cleaned my floors so that they were SUPER clean! Sadly, after several months, my cavalier handling was responsible for it breaking. (sadness). I would recommend it,but with the caveat that you treat it well.

Love it, love it, love it!

from Greenville, TX

Comments about iRobot Scooba 5800 Vacuum:

I would much rather be doing something other than cleaning... reading, playing on the computer, playing with the pets, almost anything. The Scooba gives me the freedom to do other things while it cleans. We have all ceramic tile floors throughout our house and while they are very practical for country living they do tend to get dirty with 3 pets and 2 people going in and out constantly. Using the Scooba is so much easier than mopping the old fashioned way! Easy set-up and fairly easy clean-up afterward. My floors have never been so clean!

Total time saver

from Shelton, CT

Comments about iRobot Scooba 5800 Vacuum:

The scooba not only is a robot that washes the floor but it vacuums & dries it as well. Leaving me time to do other things.  Just fill the tank with water & cleaning solution and press clean & it will vacuum, scrub & dry your floors while you do something else.  Use the electric eye to block off areas you don't want the scooba to go.  It leaves the floor looking great without the hassle of a mop & bucket.

IRobt Scooba 5800 is great concept, poor results

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about iRobot Scooba 5800 Vacuum:

You know the phrase "Too good to be true"? The concept of allowing a little machine to clean up after you constantly is a great one, however the results show that it is still a concept in need of further developing. This little guy is great if you have linolium floors that do not require much work to clean. He'll get in there and pick up your dirt and dust while you play yahtzee with the family. However, you still have to empty the dirt and dust and remember to start him. For the price and time it takes, you could invest in a quality broom and dust pan and do the job yourself. Now, for scrubbing and washing the floor, I understand desiring this a little more. However, it's still very expensive and isn't necessarily any better at cleaning the floor than doing that foot and wet paper towel trick that has been working for years. Sometimes, in order to get a job done right you have to do it yourself. In this case, that statement stands true.

iRobot Scooba 5800 Vacuum is a waste of money

from Portland, OR

Comments about iRobot Scooba 5800 Vacuum:

Who wouldn't love a machine to mop the floors for them? Seems like a good concept but in reality, its more work (and more expensive) than its worth. You can't just use any cleaner with it so you have to buy their brand all the time (and trying to find it in order to buy it is a joke if you don't buy online) and if you have a lot of ground to cover you go through a LOT of those little bottles so the price really adds up. Not to mention, you still have to take the time to take the bottles out of the machine and replace it with a new one. The iRobot Scooba 5800 Vacuum was a complete waste of money for us and we ended up throwing it away and going back to a good old fashioned mop. Unfortunate, but whatever works and saves money.

Closet to Robotic help as you'll get - sort of like the Jetsons!

from Saint Simons Island, GA

Comments about iRobot Scooba 5800 Vacuum:

Let me just say, we are a Irobot, Roomba family. We have them for upstairs, and downstairs to do the daily cleaning. We just recently got a Scooba, and the wife loves it. We have dogs that come in through our kitchen from being outside. And, they get the floor muddy with their little feet. I can't blame them, if it's wet and muddy outside, what else are they going to do. But, it annoys the wife. So, I got her this little gem. It really cleans our tile in our kitchen, and believe it or not, it even gets stains that get on the grout between the tiles. Oh, and it gets old stains. Wife wasn't home for the weeekend, kind of made a mess with some mustard, kind of forgot about it until wifey was supposed to get home - ran Scooba, and BAM, it was all cleaned up.

irobot scooba

from Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

Comments about iRobot Scooba 5800 Vacuum:

as a busy working woman, i dont have time to clean the house every weekend or scrub the floors every other week. instead i bought this irobot scooba to help me out. this is just like the other robot vacuum that travels on its own and cleans. its goes everywhere that doesnt have a lip in the floor. it cleans under the beds, under furniture that has space and does a good job cleaning. it picks every dust and crumb up from the floor and then cleanses and scrubs it. this is great for all over the house. i love turning the irobot scooba on before i leave for work and then come home to a clean scrubbed down floor. this saves me a lot of time and effort to do my job and spend time with my kids. i definitly recommend.

from Austin, TX

Comments about iRobot Scooba 5800 Vacuum:

i got this from a friend who uses one in his apartment to clean up after hi two constantly shedding cats. this unit is supposed to "preps, washes, scrubs, and dries your floor" and is supposedly good on "sealed hardwood, tile, and linoleum flooring". i don't how it supposed to prep but i always sweep up the floors first. the unit comes with a cleaning solution but i think vinegar and water work just as well. i think if you have cats, dogs, kids, etc..., tehn this is probably a good investment for you. i'm not that interested in it since i have hardwood floors and it is more my style to sweep and clean them with oil soap. this unit does have the ability to detect particularly soiled areas and will stop and spin over it in order to "deep clean" this is probably a device most beneficial to a busy household.