Other Mattresses:

IKEA Sultan Florvag Foam Mattress

Pros

Cons

Great back supporter!

My husband had been having a very hard time sleeping and had bad back problems for a while.  We finally decided to see if it was our mattress after he spent tons of time sleeping on the floor.  Our previous mattress was a pillowtop that did not hold up to its lifetime like it was supposed to.  It sagged in the center and it was visual sagging!  So we knew we better find a new mattress.  We went to several places for a foam mattress but they are super expensive.  Then we went to IKEA and purchased their Sultan firm foam mattress.  The price was awesome and it felt great in the store.  We brought it home, unrolled it and slept on it the first night.  We both have been sleeping so much better and the best part is that my husband's back no longer hurts.  It is true that you can have back problems that are directly related to your mattress and that was the case with us.  So if you are having back problems, it very well may be that you need a new mattress and try this one out.  Ikea is great too because they have a great try it out and bring it back if you don't like it policy unlike a lot of furniture/mattress stores.

It's a nice mattress but nothing special.

I love that we don't need box springs with this mattress but it's nothing special. It's comfortable but could be more so. It does seem like a very well made mattress though. I also like that it is foam and there are no springs to every stick in your back and make you uncomfortable and there's really no need to turn the mattress either.

good night sleep

from Baltimore MD

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel

Cons

• Too Hard

Comments about IKEA Sultan Florvag Foam Mattress:

the only thing i have against it, it is too hard, but it is 5 times cheaper than similar ones from other brands
    i would buy it again

Great for the guest room

from Chesterton, IN

Comments about IKEA Sultan Florvag Foam Mattress:

We bought this mattress for our guest room and for the first three months of living in our new apartment we slept on it.

I love this mattress. Not only was it super easy to get home from the store because the way it is packaged, but it was easy enough for one person to carry up the stairs and into the apartment if need be. When you first open it up and roll it out it is pretty small and does not even fully fit on to the frame. Do not panic, this is normal. Once you let it rest for 24-48 hours, it starts to take its full shape and is ready to go.

Up until this point I had always had a spring mattress and box set so I was a little worried that it would feel too thin and I would have trouble sleeping. However, this wasn't the case. I slept so good on it every single night and whenever we have guests over they all comment on how comfortable the bed is. I would definitely recommend this mattress.

• Firmness:

Easy to transport and inexpensive

Comments about IKEA Sultan Florvag Foam Mattress:

This is a decent mattress if you're looking for something right away. I purchased this primarily because it was inexpensive, and it comes rolled up so I could fit it in my small car. I slept on this mattress for about 3 years, but I'm not sure I could have slept on it for much longer than that. It's a very thin mattress, so a feather bed or foam pad might be helpful.

Great comfort cheap price

Comments about IKEA Sultan Florvag Foam Mattress:

First I was a little leery about the low price for a mattress.  But my daughter tested it out and it was fine for her. I bought five mattress for my kids and they didn't complain.  Actually they were a little too comfortable because they began to linger in the bed.  I was looking for a mattress without an innerspring.  I did not want a lot  metal in the kids room.  It's light weight and easy to turn and flip like you are suppose to.  I like the nice white cover.  Plus it is easy to vacuum clean. I once removed the cover to wash it.  That was a big mistake I had a very frustrating time putting the cover back on. Well at least the cover washed well in cold water in a commercial washing machine.  I crossed my fingers and put it in the dryer to dry.  There  was no shrinkage that I saw. It feel as though you are laying down on cotton. But if you are overweight then this mattress may not be for you. You will sink into it. It's also not for tall people either. Your feet will hang over the mattress?

• Firmness:

Great mattress at a great price.

from cape cod, MA

Comments about IKEA Sultan Florvag Foam Mattress:

We went to Ikea to refurnish our daughter's bedroom. We had our nine year old lie down on all the mattresses to find the one she liked. She felt this one was the most comfortable and preferred it to "cushier" ones. She has now been sleeping on this Sultan Florvag for almost three years and she still loves it. At the price we paid, we figured if we got five years out of it it would have been worth it. The mattress still looks and feels brand new!

Comfort
    This Sultan Florvag is pretty firm, so if you prefer a firm mattress, this would be good for you.

Support
    As our eleven year old sleeps in this and she is not very heavy I can say the support is perfect for her. I can not say how this would hold up to a large man over time. The mattress itself is somewhat thin compared to traditional mattresses.

Firmness
    The firmness is good, there is little sinking into the matress.

We have had this mattress now for almost 3 years and it still looks new.

Does the Job

Comments about IKEA Sultan Florvag Foam Mattress:

It does the job for the price. Very Comfortable. Only downside is getting up from such a low position, but a platform (bought separately) would fix that.

Way better than an air mattress or sofabed.

Can be rolled up for storage.

Great back supporter!

from Lehi, UT

nice foam mattress

from South Pasadena, CA

Comments about IKEA Sultan Florvag Foam Mattress:

When we were redecorating our home, we decided to equip the guest room. with mainly IKEA products from a nearby store. The reason why we went with this decision is because our other areas of her home acquired higher priority and took over large amount of our disposable income at the time. Because we rarely have just now it was decided on that we would use IKEA products for this particular room. This room we chose the IKEA Sultan foam mattress and once in a while when one of us sleep in his room we are always able to have a good nights rest without any complaints or any issues. It is a very good foam mattress and there is really nothing I can find that I can talk negatively about. The price was right the quality was right and the size was perfect for the room that it went into. I recommend laying down on one in the store to see what it is like.

Affordable and Comfy

from Fort Huachuca, AZ

Comments about IKEA Sultan Florvag Foam Mattress:

We got this mattress for our 11 year old daughter. I was a bit concerned because the cost was so low and it was rolled. I mean what kind of mattress can you buy that is any good that is rolled up? It was the mattress that was labeled as a match for the bunk bed we got at Ikea. No box spring needed. In the back of my head I thought it would be less than comfortable and our daughter would be asking us to replace it.

Got it home, unrolled it, and it left it down stairs in our living room to air out and wait while my husband and I put the bed together. It rolled out and stayed flat and was fluffy, far more fluffy than I thought it would be with how it looked rolled up. We got the bed together, put the mattress on it, and kind of forgot about my worry. My 11 year old a few weeks ago, having had this mattress for 2 months, out of the blue mentioned she loves her bed and how comfy it is. I am of course thrilled and when we go to upgrade other beds we will be going back for these!

Ikea Sultan Foam Mattress - Zzzzzz

from San Gabriel, CA

Comments about IKEA Sultan Florvag Foam Mattress:

I have to admit, writing this review made me almost fall asleep, not because this mattress was bad in any way, it just made me love it even more. If there is anything I am good at, it is sleeping. And I am awesome at it. Being the budget conscious person I am, this mattress was perfect for my needs. I am a poor, starving college student so this did not really hurt my wallet at all. I did think it was weird that it was in a bag at first, but it finally made sense when I cut open the bag and it expanded. After it was all settled I decided to test it out and it was not bad at all. It was better than my box-spring mattress and all and all it was good enough for me. I sleep like a baby every night, minus the whole wearing diapers and being incontinent. No cons, it just does its job. You can add an additional topper if you want, but to be honest it's good enough as it is for me. Bottomline, if you have a tight budget and you're tired of your old mattress, go for this.