Other Dining Room Furnitures:

IKEA Stefan Chair

Buy Cardboard Instead--Cheaper And Just As Durable

from Toronto, ON

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Lightweight

Cons

• Breaks
  • Dowels Not Compatible
  • Flimsy
  • Unstable

• Kindling

Comments about IKEA Stefan Chair:

I liked the dark chocolate stain and natural wood appeal of these chairs and the decent price was irresistible. But assembly was impossible with the hardware supplied--specifically the dowels. They are too large in diameter for the pre-drilled holes. After pounding a couple of these dowels in with a small hammer and still being unable to fit parts together without damaging the chair itself, we removed the dowels with pliers and went forward with the assembly without them. Obviously the result is a much less sturdy seating arrangement! But no worries since the assembler (my father), wanting to test his handiwork, sat on the finished chair and the seat cracked right underneath him. So no more seating required! IKEA refused to refund or replace unless we brought the chairs back to a store ourselves. I refused this offer since I had already paid for the order to be delivered for appx $30.00. I honestly and naively expected the company to do the right by their customers and pick up their useless, pricey pieces of wood. Nope. So once the weather turns in November or so...we'll be warming our tushies using them as kindling wood and that's a small comfort I suppose.