Other Living Room Furnitures:
End Tables
IKEA
IKEA Lack End Tables

IKEA Lack End Tables

Very awesome at a college-student price!

My roommates and I had these for my last two years of college, and they were fantastic! First of all, they are cheap, a complete necessity for any college student. Read complete review

Second, they are light. This is absolutely appreciated when you are a college student who is moving all their crap every six months to a year. The more it weighs, the less you like it by the time you are done with all that moving. Especially when that moving involves stairs.

Third, they are super easy to put together and take apart. It takes at most 10 minutes to put one of these together. This is very much appreciated after flights and flights of stairs, and after trying to set up an entire apartment. They also pack down flat, which is great when you move out at the end of the year.

Finally, the best feature about these is what I like to call the modular coffee table aspect. If you get two of these and stick them together, you have a coffee table! And if you need more floor space in your small college apartment for a party? You can take them apart, move them to the wall, and they become end tables for the night. They are also just the right height for a footrest if you don't have the room or funds for an ottoman.

Overall, one of the best buys of my college experience. I love them and would totally buy them again!

IKEA is easy and cheap furniture

We have a lot of IKEA furniture. We have two IKEA Lack End Tables. We got them in 2005 and we still have them (in 2011). It is decent furniture for the price. We have moved several times and we haven't taken the end table apart and it has lasted through the moves. For the little money that we paid and how long it has lasted, I'm satisfied with it. The one thing that I'm noticing now is that some of the legs on the table are beginning to loosen and its becoming wobbley. Over time I think the screws that hold the legs into the top of the table are beginning to warp, but like I said, for the little money and how long its lasted, I'm ok with it. IKEA is an interesting store, its more like a warehouse you go and pick up your furniture and you have to put it all together. I think that this gives the furniture a little less value because if you don't properly put the table together, than its not going to be as sturdy, but this table is pretty easy, just screw the 4 legs in. It's great starter furniture!

Durable, inexpensive end tables

Comments about IKEA Lack End Tables:

These are great end tables if you're not looking to spend a lot of money. These tables are durable and come in a lot of different colors. Being inexpensive, we don't worry about using coasters and glasses don't seem to make a lot of rings on the tables. Overall, a good table for the price.

Super basic and inexpensive

Comments about IKEA Lack End Tables:

These end tables are very simple. They are affordable and they come in a variety of colors. You have to assemble them yourself (put the legs on) but it's really easy. They are not the fanciest or more durable, but they aren't the lowest quality. Good to use somewhere you don't mind it getting messed up, like in a kids room, or somewhere it wont get too banged around, like just in the bathroom with some magazines on it.

Typical Ikea Product

from united states

Comments about IKEA Lack End Tables:

My husband and I have owned a couple of Ikea Lack end tables over the year. They are the perfect addition to any young adults first independent dwelling. They are affordable and come in a variety of colors. In addition to being inexpensive, they are super easy to assemble too. Thank you Ikea. (For those of you who are not familiar with Ikea, most of their furniture comes not assembled as a way to keep their prices down). As previously stated, my husband and I have owned a couple of these tables over the years and the reasoning is because one our tables died. We had a plant on the end table that leaked and caused water damage to the table. The Ikea Lack end table is basically constructed of some heavy duty cardboard with some faux wood laminate over. We were surprised to see how sturdy these end tables were for basically being constructed of cardboard and that is why we went back for more.

Looks good, but it's not real wood

Comments about IKEA Lack End Tables:

That's the problem with IKEA furniture. I love their modern furniture and the way it looks, but it is NOT real wood at all. Rather, it's some other material that they stuff in there. IKEA furniture in general is fine for apartments, dorms, etc. But I wouldn't even think of going to IKEA for furniture for a house. The pieces are not sturdy. And if you don't want to IKEA furniture falling and collapsing all the time, you have to build it right. Otherwise, good luck getting it to stand up on its own.

Modern and useful

Comments about IKEA Lack End Tables:

We have three IKEA Lack End tables. One of them is our TV stand, and we use the two of them as serving tables. They are very easy to clean. They look very modern, and IKEA has color choices of Lack tables. We have the light brown color.
My mother has one black Lack table. She also uses it everyday. In my opinion, light brown one looks better than the black one, because the black one gets dirty fast. However my tables do not look dirty all the time. When we first buy it from IKEA-Houston, they were three cartoon packs. We came home, and started to make our tables with my husband. It was very easy to make the tables. In the pack, you can find everything you need to fix or make the tables. You can also remove the legs again easily, if you want to move it from one home to another. The quality is good enough to use for years. I have been using my tables for 3 years, and my mother has been using it for more than 6 years. They are durable. I highly recommend the IKEA Lack tables.

Great Table

Comments about IKEA Lack End Tables:

I really like this table. I have had it for years now and it always fits in with my new stuff. It is sturdy and surprise, it is actually really easy to put together. The legs just screw in to the top. I use it as a bedside table, but in the past, I had it next to a couch, and before that, under a window.

Cheap and practical.

Comments about IKEA Lack End Tables:

The Lack table from IKEA isn't the most quality piece of furniture you'll ever own, but it is practical and good for what it is. I used the red model for years as a night stand by my bed. It is easy to clean and holds up well over time. I'm currently using the same table as a coffee table for my porch because it cleans up so well. Highly recommended as a versatile piece of furniture.

Very awesome at a college-student price!

from Herndon, VA

great DIY tables

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about IKEA Lack End Tables:

When I first saw this table at IKEA I knew instantly that it would work for my project. I have several of these in my home and one of them I use for a small coffee table which is probably what it was made to do. But I use the other ones that I have purchased at the makeshift computer case. When you have two of these tables, you can use a circular saw and chop off the legs and half. You can then grab the top portion of the table from another table and use it as a base for your computer case. So basically the finished product looks like this: you have somewhat of a cube with the top portion being at the top, the legs being cut in half and screwed into the top, and you have the bottom portion coming from the top portion of another table that you can use as the base. You can attach the bottom to the legs by simply putting wood glue to the bottom of the legs. Or, you can simply use nails but that involves little bit more work. There a lot of different things you can do with these.

Lack table

from La Jolla, CA

Comments about IKEA Lack End Tables:

The IKEA lack table is one of the best and cheapest pieces of furniture that you can buy for your home. I have several of the black lack tables and I plan to pick up more. He sincerely hope that IKEA does not stop production of the lack table. It is a very sturdy table with a white top and a decent sized leg. Design is both simple and beautiful. There are several different colors that you can choose from depending on the surrounding colors of the room in which it is going into. The IKEA lack table is not the only piece of furniture and a lack series and there is actually several different black items. I know that they have a lack television table, for example. The lack series is cheap and good looking. I love all of mine and use mine everyday.