Other Dog Foods:
2012159
Iams Healthy Naturals Dry Dog Food

Iams Healthy Naturals Dry Dog Food

Iams Healthy Naturals is a keeper here

My  2 dogs started eating Iams Healthy Naturals about a month ago and I am really impressed with the nice results so far.  They were eating a high end food and my male began chewing and biting his legs and paws and the female had chronic loose stools. I knew this food was really not agreeing with either one but I really wanted the best diet possible for them and somehow I associated highest price=best food.  Was I wrong!   Out of frustration I picked up a bag of the Healthy Naturals and began transitioning them from the old food to the Iams, increasing the Iams every day until they were totally switched.

Here are the results:  They enjoy eating Iams Healthy Naturals and never leave anything in the bowl, the itching, biting of legs and bowel problems are yesterday's news, their coats are soft and shiny, and overall have a good well-being. And, an added bonus is, it is reasonably priced compared to what I was paying for the upscale previous food.

I wish I would have tried Iams sooner.

I am praying this food helps.

I am in the third week of a food trial with my dog and this product. I own a schnauzer and she is allergic to every thing. I have tried other Iam's products with her in the past and found her to get up set stomach and loose stools. So far her pink skin from her allergies is subsiding and she seems to love the taste. I am really hoping that this is a food we can stick with. I will update this if we have any problems, but at this time we are happy. This is cheaper than the food from the vet. I have used purina products in the past that almost killed her. So if any one out there has any other experiences to share on this product please contact me.

Iams Healthy Naturals Dog Food Offers Complete Nutrition

from Grand Rapids, MI

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Good Value
  • Nutritional

• Active Dogs

Comments about Iams Healthy Naturals Dry Dog Food:

I am a big fan of IAMS for my pets, so I was excited to try Iams Healthy Naturals Dry Dog Food for my dog. He is a mid size breed and has had some weight problems over the last few years. This is why I was looking for healthier options that also wouldn't break the bank.

I like this IAMS because the ingredients on the bag are not as crazy as some of the brands that you find in stores. I also like the fact that my dog will actually eat this food. It does no good to buy healthy food if your dog doesn't end up liking or eating it, a problem we have run in to in the past.

I also like this food because it is not overly expensive. Some healthy food can be up to $25 dollars a bag, this is much more reasonably priced. I also like the fact that I can pick this up at my local grocery store as part of my weekly shopping trip without making a special trip to the pet store.

I would highly recommend this food for people looking for a good healthy food option for their dog from a brand that you can trust.

Good food for ingredient conscious doggie parents.

Profile Image

from Florida

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Easy To Digest
    • Nutritional

Cons

• Expensive

• Larger Dogs

Comments about Iams Healthy Naturals Dry Dog Food:

Iams is not a brand that I have bought a lot in the past but when the hard food that we had been buying was doing more harm than good - we decided to try something new.

After a lot of looking at some recommendations, we decided natural dog food was probably the best way to go, and we settled on this.

I can't say enough good things about Iams naturals dog food. It is a little more expensive than other foods on the market , but it is worth it. Especially if you find out that your dog has a more sensitive stomach . I have noticed too that it doesn't have a horrible odor like some other dog foods that we have tried, and it's also not as greasy as just about every other dog food that we have bought.

Iams naturals food is a much more filling food it seems to me. I notice that I used to have to give our big dogs two or three cups of food at each feeding, but the Iams seems to fill them up with just one or one and a half cups.

Overall. Great brand and great product. At least the kind that we buy is better for larger dogs because the kibble pieces are larger and would be harder for the little breeds to chew.

But that being said I would recommend it for large breeds.

Good Food for a Good Price

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Iams Healthy Naturals Dry Dog Food:

Iams Healthy Naturals Dry Dog Food is a good quality dog food for an affordable price. It's high in protein from chicken and eggs. I like the fact it has more rice in it than other grains, as rice is actually easier for dogs to digest than other grains. I found it to be a balanced food, and well worth the price I paid for it.

Quality of Ingredients
    This food has a good mix of quality ingredients in it. As I stated above, the first ingredient in it is chicken, which means it's a protein based food. I found this food to be nutritious for dogs because they should have a protein based diet. The only problem I found with this food was small, and it's the way they described this food. At the website I bought this food at the description stated that it has carrots in it for healthy vision. Carrots are one of the last ingredient, far down on the list of ingredients. The fruits and vegetables in this are far after all the vitamins. So there aren't very many vitamins in here that are actually directly from vegetables and fruits. Like many dog foods the vitamins aren't natural. However, I would recommend this food if you're looking for a decent economical food.

Flavor Selection
    This seems like a pretty good food because my dog ate it well.

• Flavor Selection:

Iams Healthy natural is a favorite around our house

from Texas

Comments about Iams Healthy Naturals Dry Dog Food:

This dog food is available in Chicken Plus Barley and Chicken with Garden Pea, however I chose the Lamb plus rice variety. One of the things that I judge when selecting dog food is the list of ingredients and if it is a dog food that I can order on line.

Quality of Ingredients
    The reason I chose this product was the number one ingredient is not corn. I was told by my vet that corn is difficult for dogs to digest and Iams Natural products does not have corn in it, and it does not have chicken by products. They actually have chicken in their chicken variety. I like that they do not use artificial coloring or artificial preservatives in any of their products. I may change flavors but we will stick to the Iams brand.

Flavor Selection
    Lots of choice here. Our dog doesn't really seem to care which flavor or variety of food that we give her. She does take time to give it a smell but that about all. She seems to like all of the Iams variety of dog food.

IAMS Healthy Naturals

from Arlington, TN

Comments about Iams Healthy Naturals Dry Dog Food:

I have tried multiple brands, both budget and high end, and this is the best for my dog. She is very picky, but she eats this IAMS almost as soon as it is placed in her bowl.

Quality of Ingredients
    I always look at the ingredients list, and this is by far the best I have seen. Very pleased!

My dog loves Iams

from Harvard Il

Comments about Iams Healthy Naturals Dry Dog Food:

Iams dog food is just about the only food my dog can eat. My black lab has so many sensitivities, her skin, coat and belly to name a few. I was feeding her a lesser quality dog food because it was the least expensive and she seemed to be doing fine with it. Until one day she got so sick, vomiting,diarrhea ,lethargy. I did some searching and found out that the food I was feeding her was NOT good, not just this batch but overall! I felt terrible, I didn't want my dog being sick or it to be my fault she was. So I looked on the web and found out that I could afford Iams dog food and that it was made in the USA and if there were any problems with their product they would take care of it. That gave me piece of mind. So I ran to the store pronto and bought a bag for my pooch. She ate for the first time in 2 days and loved it. I haven't feed her anything other than Iams since that day. No more worrying about what she is eating. I know it is good quality and my dog deserves that.

Our Dog Loves It

from MI

Comments about Iams Healthy Naturals Dry Dog Food:

I have a small dog, yorkie/maltese mix who is nine years old. She has an extremely sensitive stomach, and has her entire life. For that reason, I am very picky about what types of dog food we feed her, because if it doesn't agree with her, she will vomit and be sick.

So, I tend to lean toward the more natural types of dog food that contain the least amount of additives and unnecessary ingredients, just for ease of digestion.

We have recently started feeing our dog Iams Healthy Naturals Dry Dog Food, and she has had great success with it. I was a little nervous on trying something new, but she has been doing great with no complaints.

The kibble pieces are very small, and maybe it's just my imagination, but the bag of Healthy Naturals dog food seems a little less full compared to other Iams varieties, but overall I am very happy with it. She is eating a lot, maintaining her weight and seems to feel good. It's easy to find at any pet store or supermarket, which is also helpful. Overall I am very happy with this product.

Keeping My Beasts Happy And Healthy

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Iams Healthy Naturals Dry Dog Food:

Four of my dogs are rescues; when they were surrendered to a shelter, confiscated from a dog fighting raid or simply tied to the back fence of my property they were all under weight, in poor health and had skin issues. In addition to giving them boiled chicken and beef to give them some much needed protein, I started adding Healthy Naturals to their daily diet. Within three weeks I saw their coats improve, their bowel movements become solid instead of being watery and they activity level go through the roof.

Since the dogs are larger breeds and are extremely active I try to add this to their daily meals three times a week. I still give them fresh meat and occasionally fish because of the protein but this dry dog food is one of the best for dogs that need more food per day because of their activity level. There are five different varieties that you can choose from and so far the only one that they do not like is the Chicken & Garden Pea version.

If you aren't sure if this is going to be something that your dog is going to like you can get the four pound bags at most pet stores; the 18.7 pound bags are a better deal cost wise but it's better to get the smaller bags to try out the different flavors. If they don't like it or walk away from the bowl until they are starving you can donate the unused portion to a shelter. I have never had that problem but if I even run in to that if they add new flavors chances are I will mix it in with something else or add some fresh meat to the mix for them.

Best Iams Variety!

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Iams Healthy Naturals Dry Dog Food:

If you're going to feed your dog Iams brand dog food than this should be the only variety that you choose. Until I found this kind, I was not a fan of Iams dry dog food. It costs too much for the kinds of ingredients they use. It's really no better for animals than the off brands. This kind of Iams is different though. Unlike those other kinds, the first ingredient of Iams Healthy Naturals is meat, not some meat bi product meal.
    I have noticed a difference in my dogs since they've started eating this dog food. My Pomeranian has so much more energy than she did before. Her coat also looks really great. Even my elderly pit bull has more pep in his step. Since this is the only recent change I've made to their routine, I have to attribute these nice changes to the Iams Healthy Naturals!

Quality of Ingredients
    This is priced very reasonably considering the high quality of the ingredients.

Flavor Selection
    I have only seen one flavor, but my dogs seem to enjoy it so I'm not upset at the lack of flavor selection.

• Flavor Selection:

Great food choice from a great company

Comments about Iams Healthy Naturals Dry Dog Food:

I have always loved the Iams Company and this natural food is a great product. My dog loves the food and I like the ingredients list...and the idea of a more natural product. I trust the Iams name and have fed their foods to both of my border collies who loved the food. I have had no problems with any Iams product. My dog is healthy, maintains a healthy weight, and seems to tolerate the ingredients well.

Quality of Ingredients
    Anytime we can give more natural products to our pets, we try to do that. The first ingredient is meat...real meat, that was a significant plus. Other ingredients include eggs, carrots, beets, rice...foods that I would feed my family. The added vitamins and minerals were a bonus. The protein level in this food is a little higher than some others, I feel that is giving more nutrition to the dog and results in leaving less waste in my backyard. Seriously, her poo is smaller than when I tried another food.

My dog loves it!