4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

If I were a dog, I'd eat it.

I've used IAMS dog food for over ten years now and am a loyal fan.  I've used the different formulas for different dogs with the same good results.  My original vet (now retired) recommended it to me and I've bought it ever since.

Even the rescued dogs I've had eat this (when who knows what or when they ate last) with no difficulties.  It's expensive compared to other foods, but its quality is worth it.  The doggies stools really are smaller, too:  a bonus when you have more than one pup!

decent for a decent price

I used to buy this dog food for my Border Collie since it sells at a pretty good portion for a decent price. The ingredients compacted into each kibble bit also seemed to be good. However, I noticed that my dog would never want to eat it. She only ate it when she started to get really hungry, realizing that it was either this or continue on an empty stomach. I spent the money on this food, so I didn't want to just waste it by throwing it away. I was hoping that my dog wouldn't despise me for having her finish the bag that I bought. I've experimented with many different brands of dog food to try to cater to her specific taste buds, and the IAMS adult formula was definitely not her favorite, although they weren't on the bottom of her list either. Bottom line, I think this is really good for its price, compared to other brands like Eukanuba, however it probably won't have your dog begging for more.

recommend

from NY

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Good Value

Cons

• Active Dogs
    • Older Dogs
    • Puppies

Comments about Iams Adult Formula:

Having had dogs though out my life (german sheppards, labs, mixed breeds, and most recently pitbull) Iams has always been a trusted brand. It costs a bit more than some other brands but I feel it is worth it. I have never had any issues with it and it seems easily digestible and enjoyable. My dogs are always healthy, maintain a good weight and have a healthy, shiny coat. We have always used it from puppy stage straight through the senior years. Recently, when trying to pinpoint our dogs allergies, vet had us switch foods only to come right back to Iams (other foods seemed to cause digestive issues due to high protein content, ingredients, calorie content etc and yes, we even tried grain free and others over time). Vet seemed to feel Iams was a good choice and agree it was the "better" of many of the dog foods out there.

My dog loves it!

Comments about Iams Adult Formula:

This is the only dog food that my dog will eat. The pieces are just big enough for him and he doesn't choke on them like he does with other brands. It keeps him healthy, and even when he had to lose weight, we used this food to help him with a healthy diet.

Flavor Selection
    great flavor for him, he never leaves a piece in his bowl!

happy, healthy dog

Comments about Iams Adult Formula:

My dog has only eaten Iams for as long as I've had her. She's always been healthy, no problems with weight or tartar build-up. She's 13 1/2 now. Two vets at different animal hospitals have recommended Iams over more expensive brands. I'm happy, and my dog is happy and healthy.

Quality of Ingredients
    Meat is first, which is most important. Everything else seems well-balanced to give my dog a long and healthy life.

Flavor Selection
    It's dog food, no frills, nothing crazy. But she's never turned it down!

My dogs love this food.

Comments about Iams Adult Formula:

Our dogs love this food. They like to switch back and forth between the bigger chunks and the mini chunks (I think they like the variety). I've noticed that they have much shinier coats when they eat Iams versus anything else.

I think that it keeps they active and healthy and they seem to really enjoy it. I know that it comes in mini bags at the store, so I would suggest trying it out with your dog (since each dog's stomach is different) a little bit at a time, if you want to make a switch.

• Flavor Selection:

My precious dog's favorite food

from Avon, CT

Comments about Iams Adult Formula:

IAMS has a wide range of dog products for any size and age dog. My dog enjoys his Iams so much that meal time really makes his tail wag away. I don't know much about dog food, but I do know that Iams products are recommended by vets and dog owners. The quality shows by their packaging and 'smell' of their dog food.

Quality of Ingredients
    My vet suggested that I try this pet food for my dog after his eating habit/diet changed. After trying other options, I followed my vet's advice and bought this pet food for my dog. Now, there are no longer any issues during meal time because my dog loves it.

Iams products are used by my other friends who also have dogs. They were also drawn to the quality of the meat and the absence of filler ingredients that are in most other dog foods.

Flavor Selection
    They offer several flavor varieties which I have not yet given to/tried on my dog. I will keep you posted on my dog's reaction to them..

I won't be switching!

from Silver Spring, MD

Comments about Iams Adult Formula:

Soon after we adopted our now six year old boxer, we realized he was a puppy mill puppy with a lot of health issues, one being a weak and sensitive stomach. After years of dealing with his random puking and gas (which is natural for boxers) we made the mistake of trying to switch him to California Natural dog food. That was a huge mistake! Iams has been badmouthed by others saying that it's low quality dog food, blah, blah, blah... I find that it's the only dog food my dog can stomach. I won't be switching him and I recommend it to everyone! It's a decent price and my dog is back to his normal self after being so sick for those months when we switched him. I also love that there are always coupons out and that Walmart sells it so I know I'm getting a good deal on it. I'm thrilled with Iams' products and variety, so I can switch up what I get- Lamb and Rice, All Natural, Adult Formula, etc and my dog can still stomach it and is back to his normal crazy self!

recommend Imas adult dog food

from Poland, ME

Comments about Iams Adult Formula:

Well I have five dogs and one cat, and raise puppys, my pets have been on iams sence they have  been in my life, It's a great product, dose everything it says it dose, my pets are all very healthy and enerjetic ,have beautiful coats, strong bodys,all around good health.

My dogs love this!

from Port Charlotte, FL

Comments about Iams Adult Formula:

Have had German Shepherds in our family for 32 years.  This has become our choice for the last 15+ years.  We discovered that our family pets were not getting their needs met by the average grocery store brands, in fact, had become sick and the vet recommended Iams as a premium dog food choice.  We have been so please with the Adult Large Breed version and continue to purchase it for our two dogs today.  It costs a little more but its benefits far outweigh the cost.  We don't necessarily consider ourselves as spoiling our dogs, but their nutrition is something we won't consider scrimping on.

My vet recommends it and so do I!

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Iams Adult Formula:

I've always fed my dogs IAMS because my vet recommends it and I've seen the benefits of this diet compared to dogs fed cheaper foods.  My 60 pound mystery breed rescue dog is a treasured part of the family, I am more than happy to spend a little more to keep her healthy and happy for a long time to come.  Her coat is shiny and her weight is right where it should be for a dog of her size, not too thin and not too heavy.  She loves her food so I have to assume it tastes good. Admittedly she also gets some table scraps so she'd certainly have something to compare it to.  My parents also adopted a dog (an English Springer Spaniel) years ago that had been fed whatever dog food was on sale. His coat was course and bristly and he was a bit underweight. After a few weeks of eating IAMS his coat turned super soft and his weight improved to the normal range.  I believe responsible pet ownership goes beyond just shelter and love but also includes a proper diet. Feeding my dog IAMS adult formula for large breeds I am confident that I am doing just that.

decent for a decent price