2.3

2.3

Pros

Cons

Cheapest Plan around

Recently lost job, had to make cuts, and So, I bought an Iwireless phone for myself and my daughter. Not only was the phone reasonable,but also the plan. My daughter has the text only plan which is only $20, a month, My plan is unlimited talk text, and web for less than $65. Reception is great, no dropped calls, free nights and weekends on a Minute by minute plan.

Pre-paid pros and cons

I have been with I wireless almost eight years on their pre-paid plan. The pre-paid plan is great because it offers unlimited talk, text, and data for thirty days for only fifty dollars. I haven't found any other plan that is that affordable for a smartphone. Unfortunately, that's one of the only big perks I wireless offers. A major downfall of having the pre-paid plan is that you have to pay full price for a new phone. It doesn't matter how long you've been with the company, you have to have a contract plan to get a discount on a new phone. You can't even buy a phone that's on sale without hassle. To purchase an on sale phone you have to create a new account, get a new number, and have to pay for, usually, thirty days of activation.

Coverage
Coverage is usually pretty good. I've only had problems with coverage when I'm surrounded by trees and occasionally in a basement.

Plan Options
The only best deal with the pre-paid plan is to buy thirty days at a time. I wireless also has pre-paid plans for three days, seven days, or fifteen days, but it'll end up costing you more a month.

Features
I wireless offers feature cards that will put money on your phone to buy things like a daypass to be able to get on facebook or pricey wallpapers and ringtones, but it's cheaper to buy a refill for your phone that includes internet.

Customer Service
If I have a problem with my phone it's usually pretty easy to get a hold of customer service and solve it. I'm giving it such a low rating because no discounts are offered on phones for pre-paid plans even if you've been with the company for years.

Horrible Customer Service

from Montrose, CO

Comments about I Wireless:

I've used several wireless carries over the year. This is the first one who makes a new customer wait up to 72 hours to activate their new phone with their current phone number. That's my first complaint. Trying to reach a representative takes a long....long.....long time. Be prepared to listen to music for an astonishingly long time before someone takes your call. Today I tried until finally I got an automated voice message telling me "i wireless is now closed. Good-bye." I may take my new phone back to the store this evening and choose a new carrier.

Pre-paid pros and cons

Old but New

Comments about I Wireless:

I've been using this service for over a year now. I get good call reception, even though it works on the Sprint Network. I use my smartphone mainly for wifi access, but when I need to make a call, the voice is available. The plan I am using is a $5/mo 10cent a minute plan. This works for me, since I don't use it daily, but when I do it only adds up to less than $20/mo. If you don't pay your monthly you are reverted to a .20/min plan, but I usually come up with the $5. This is an old plan, so any new users are directed to their new all-in-one plans which start at $10/mo for talk/text and data. The good part about their plans is you can add data to your plan separately.
Only problem I had was with the phone itself. Something went wrong and I tried to get help from the manufacturer. Well I called the manufacturer and they said the phone was too old and had past the warranty period. I said, but I just bought this phone. Oops, they said, the phone was refurbished. I-wireless/Kroger did not tell me this.
The other problem was in getting phone cards for it. Found out iwireless on the East Coast is not the same as iwireless on the West Coast which is used by the Kroger-Ralphs family. Bought the wrong phone card, but was able to get a refund.

Love their plan options.

Customer Service
Whenever I had problems with paying for the correct service, I called them and they were able to straighten it out.

Loss of coverage

Comments about I Wireless:

Signed with Iwireless for coverage at our lake home in west central Mn in July 2012.
Service was great. Returned to area in May 2013 and had "No Service" or "Emergency
Only". AT&T signal was available, but sim card would let the phone connect. After several calls to Iwireless and TMobile, problem was when deal with AT&T fell through,
Tmobile (Iwireless) could no longer piggyback off AT&T towers. Since then I have noticed more areas of "No Service" more frequently than before and in areas where I had service previously. So beware- the service map for Tmobile (Iwireless) is NOT valid as it still shows signal being piggybacked with AT&T. I have since purchased a CDMA Tracfone as a back up for my regular phone when I travel. It is a much bette option than paying the penality for breaking the contract. I will be switching to either
Verizon or US Cellular once my current contract has been fullfilled.

Call Quality
Call quality has been ok when it works!

Coverage
Coverage is much worse since split with AT&T.

Plan Options
My current plan from Iwireless, which is no longer available, is two phones, 1000 minutes
for $50.00/ month.

Features
I cannot respond to features as I use the cell phone for voice calls only.

Customer Service
Very helpful, but not well informed. No one initially knew about the AT&T coverage issue.

Decieving

Comments about I Wireless:

I have been with I wireless for 10 years. Because of my location I am limited to two companies. I wireless has promised at least 3g service for 5 years and still no service. They promise 4g but that is only in 3 cities in Iowa. Everywhere else is 2g or less. They charge for premium service but you get substandard. Stay away from them. When my contract is over going to US Cellular.

Call Quality
They have limited performance in call quality.

Coverage
Half of Iowa has no service.

Plan Options
They purposely lie about what coverage you get and data plans are very limited.

Features
They change their features like water. You never know what you get at any time.

Customer Service
I have names of a lot of their customer service personal because they will lie to you to keep their service.

so far so good but.....

from Hutchinson, KS

Comments about I Wireless:

Overall it seems to be working pretty well. I've called, texted and surfed the web on my phone with no real problems (the only issue I can think of was app related). I have not been away from home recently so I can't speak for the actual coverage area. The only complaint I have is related to reloading. Apparently this company doesn't add it on to what you have (at least not the plan I have) it replaces it. Also, it doesn't warn you when you use a card to refill that you are about to lose what you already have so you can change your mind. I haven't found any place on the actual phone where it stores what you have used, I imagine there's some way of finding out, you can look it up online but that isn't really convenient and if you use your phone to access the website it will add onto the amount you have used. Luckily, I decided to download AVG and it has a meter that you can use to see where you are without doing anything fancy. That's in regard to downloads, the plan I use has unlimited texts and minutes and 2 G of data which I have yet to use up yet. I like i-wireless well enough at this point to keep using it but there are a few things they could do to make it better.

Call Quality
Haven't had any problems as of yet, all my calls have gone through and none have been dropped. I have had echo problems on some other services but nothing like that with this one

Coverage
It's supposed to be very good but I haven't been much of anywhere as of yet. Sometimes west of where I live the coverage gets questionable but I will have to break down and head out that way some time to see what happens

Plan Options
There is more than one plan available and I may find out I don't need to spend quite this much and still get by. I don't call that much and if I use my home wireless network I can reduce the data amount somewhat even if I use the phone for connecting to the web. Most people could probably find a plan that will work

Features
Most of what they offer works well. I have even been able to use the phone as a hot spot without a lot of work but would have to see the impact of how much data I use over a longer period to know whether it's really useful.

Customer Service
i haven't used it much yet but did write them an email the other day and they responded the same day

Worst experience EVER!

Comments about I Wireless:

My Wife and I left falling in love with the Price within a year we were paying the price. Countless dropped calls horrible Data and if you Picture msg don't even bother it is like send snail mail. You wont get all you msg's then a 2 days later you get 40!

Call Quality
Dropped calls sometimes 3-5 times in less than 5 minutes you will actually get so pissed you just don't bother calling. On a Trip from north/West Iowa to Southern Tennessee our family got scared cause they were calling to see how we were doing we had no Idea cause our Phones never rang and we didn't get voice mails till we were already in Tennessee for TWO days.

Coverage
Yes they have coverage all over the map but it's not RELIABLE!

cheap

Customer Service
Here is where it gets worse. They blamesd our phone but then said our phones were fine "it's not your phones we are Upgrading the area to 3G" a year later we heard about 30 different excuses. The Tennessee trip was the final straw. To Top it off when we canceled the agent acknowledge fault but still charged us the fee because despite all evidence even in person in the Sioux Center Office of it's not working they refused to let contract void do to the fact they didn't honor their promise of service.

The Main Iwireless manager at that location offered 20 dollars off the $300 then never honored it and never returned calls after. Since then 3 other couples we know have left do to the same issues.

Iwireless Commits FRAUD!

from Lynchburg, VA

Comments about I Wireless:

I got a smart phone with Iwireless in January and got the $25/mo 200 mins/Unlimited text/Unlimited. You can still find the plan defined in this way in their FAQ's on their site. They apparently decided they could make alot more money if they redefined "unlimited" to mean 200MB of data. So much for unlimited. They have a loose grasp on reality and the English language.

Cheapest Plan around

from Wichita, KS

Comments about I Wireless:

I Wireless, Bad reception, Good Prices.

from Bettendorf, IA

Comments about I Wireless:

I got I-Wireless about a year and a half ago. The number of dropped calls is horrendous. Sometimes I call my girlfriend and it drops the calls 4 times in a 10 minute conversation. Don't get me wrong, in some places I get fantastic service, but those places are few and far between.

On the plus side though, the prices are very reasonable. Unlimited calling and texting, as well as mobile web (which doesn't work very well), long distance, and roaming for a little over 50 bucks. Works into my budget pretty well.

Even though I come across as disliking it, I have come to adjust. This would definately be for the patient person who is low on bucks. I don't really plan on changing to another carrier any time soon.