Other Sewing Machines:
Husqvarna Viking Embroidery & Sewing Machine

Husqvarna Viking Embroidery & Sewing Machine

Versatile Viking Quilt Designer II

Comments about Husqvarna Viking Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

An overall well-performing machine for most sewing and quilt piecing needs.

Stitch Performance
I have tried several times to do free motion quilting with this machine and have not been pleased with the results. I ensure a new (correctly sized) needle, proper thread, and the right foot each time I try but still end up with a lot of skipped stitches.

For regular sewing, I am generally very happy although I find I have to check the tension quite frequently to ensure it is even.

This machine is very easy to use and has nice features such as needle up/down and the automatic cutter.

Fabric Handling
Like many machines, I use a scrap of fabric to get each seam going or else I find the machine tends to grab the fabric and thread down into the stitch plate and make a garbled nest of thread which I must then cut out with scissors.

Versatility
There are a lot of stitches on this machine and many settings (e.g., needle position, stitch length) within each sub-category of stitches.

Overall it is very intuitive and easy to use; the buttons and switches are where I expect them to be. It does not have a great deal of throat space for quilting, however, I did not buy it for that specific purpose so it would not be appropriate for me to hold this against the design.

I have had this machine for eight years and have been very pleased with it's performance. It still looks like new after all these years of frequent usage.

• Stitch Performance:
  • Fabric Handling:
  • Versatility:

I love doing embroidery with my sewing machine.

from Hilliard, OH

Comments about Husqvarna Viking Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

This is by far the best sewing machine I've ever had.  I've been sewing since I was a teen off and on and until I bought this machine it was mostly off.  Now, I find excuses to sew.  I find working with this machine is so easy.  It is computerized so I can push a button and it will start sewing - all I have to do is guide the material.  When I've finished a seam I touch another button and it automatically knots the seam.  One more button and it cuts both the top and bottom thread.  I have tons of decorative stitches; including stitches that are made to be used with quilting, all with a push of a button.

When I purchased the machine; I added the machine embroidery package.  It is such a joy to push a button and create beautiful images on everything from handbags, to pillows and towels and even ready made clothes.  The machine is very user friendly; but I would recommend taking a class if you've never done machine embroidery.   I read through the manual prior to the class and felt rather overwhelmed.  But after taking the two beginner classes offered by the store I was able to come home and start creating.  If you love to sew - I would highly recommend this sewing machine.