Other Sewing Machines:
Husqvarna Viking
Designer Diamond deLuxe
Husqvarna Viking Embroidery & Sewing Machine

Husqvarna Viking Embroidery & Sewing Machine

I love My Designer Diamond!

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Husqvarna Viking Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

This is a great machine--recommend getting embroider software for your computer so you can transfer embroideries and create your own. Excellent machine for quilting, embroidering and all types of sewing. If using for quilting, also recommend getting a custom sewing table with cutout for the Designer Diamond--makes fabric distribution and maneuverability much easier. This is an expensive machine, but if you are a serious sewer and embroiderer, I highly recommend it. I also have a Designer 1 and an Designer SE and recommend them highly, but if purchasing a Designer 1, make sure you get the upgrade from floppy disc to a thumb drive for embroidery transfer. I have had the Designer 1 for 9 years of constant use and would not part with it or any of my Vikings.

You really do need some degree of computer literacy to get the most from the machine--if you don't like computers, this is not the machine for you.

Fabric Handling
Works well with all fabric weights--even welt seams on jeans.

Versatility
It has it all, just like Bogey and Bacall!

Elegant

Takes lickin' and keeps on tickin'

• Stitch Performance:
  • Fabric Handling:
  • Versatility:

The Diamond is truly a gem among sewing machines.

from Flemington, NJ

Comments about Husqvarna Viking Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

The Husqvarna Viking Diamong sewing/embroidery machine is truly an amazing piece of electronic merchandise.  It has a wide bed so you can easily quilt on it.  The built-in stitches allows you to do a variety of stitches with little or no effort.  If you do something wrong, the machine beeps and a message comes up on the screen telling you what is going wrong.  The machine also has a help index so you can refer to different items and get instructions or a tutorial on how to use that feature right there on the machine.  The embroidery function accepts all different types of embroidery formats and you can change different aspects of the embroidery design right on the sewing machine screen.  The heirloom stitches resemble hand stitches and again, there are a multitude of stitches available.  Also, the Husqvarna Viking company will send you updates to your machine periodically which you can download from the Internet.  The machine is truly amazing!

If I didn't have a Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond, I'd have 2

from Newark, DE

Comments about Husqvarna Viking Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

The Husqvarna Viking Designer DImaond does it all, and then some!  From basic sewing assistance with the on board sewing advisor to the amazing interactive screen to program my embroideries... there's NOTHING I cannot do with this machine!

I love the fact that my machine comes with owner's classes with the retailer i bought it from, am incredibly imporessed with the over 18 hours of instruction included with my Designer DImaond and knowign I can retake my classes as many time as I need to in order to "get it right" without having to pay again, makes what some might see as a not so frugal purchase worth the extra investment!

Huqvarna Viking has done it again!  They've brought us a machine that's at the forefront of technology, with an easy to understand and use system and even better, it still uses all of the accessories I purchased for my first Husqvarna Viking twenty years ago!  I am so impressed and doubt I will ever buy another brand machine for the rest of my life!