3.3

3.3

Pros

Cons

Love my machines!

I have a Designer SE and a Designer SE Limited!  Love them both.  They are work horses and sew the best of any machine I have ever had.  I wouldn't trade them for another machine.

They do a great job with embroidery and they can run for hours without any problem.  I just finished up 20 tote bags for a family reunion with a fairly good size design that took a while to stitch, and never once had to stop for the machine to rest... just me!

Would recommend Viking for a sewing and/or embroidery machine.  They are great machines!

Tension-thread bunches up-hard to tell where it is stitching.

I purchased my Diamond in September and have not been able to take off with my business because of tension, needle breakage and thread breaking of the machine.  I took it in and they adjusted somthing.  IT worked for about 3 designs and when I was almost done with a design (a large one) it started to bunch up underneath and could nto finish it.  The article of clothing had to be thrown away.

Love It

Comments about Husqvarna Viking Computerized Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

After trading a Designer for a Sapphire and then a Topaz, I went BACK to the Designer and this time got an SE Limited. There is no comparison in the workmanship of the new machines to the Designers. The ease of sewing and noise factors alone were worth it to me. Just an overall better machine than Husqvarna's new stuff -- simply no comparison. Like the difference between a CZ and a diamond -- the Designer is overall HV's best machine.

Hit or miss

from Troy NY

Comments about Husqvarna Viking Computerized Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

The Husqvarna Viking Computerized Embroidery & Sewing Machine was my third purchase into the world of sewing machines. I purchased it because I wanted to try out more complicated quilting and stitching patterns. This machine was not the correct piece of equipment for that type of work. The Viking is a good machine for sewing straight lines and simple patterns, so you can get through block quilting working fairly quickly and easily. However, with trickier or more complicated patterns, the material bunches and the needle gets stuck almost every time. I'm simply given up on it for fancy footwork.

Stitch Performance
Great for straight or simple uses, terrible for complicated patterns.

Learning to fly a jet might be easier than learning to figure out all of the controls and gadgets the Viking has to offer.

Fabric Handling
Great for simple sticthing, always bunches with trickier / patterned stitches.

Versatility
I think it was DESIGNED to be versatile, but the actual versatility available is not so great.

• Versatility:

Very clunky and bulky, also did not work properly.

Comments about Husqvarna Viking Computerized Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

This was my old sewing machine, before I upgraded to a singer, and I must say that despite all the hype and the great things I heard about it from my quilting buddies, this machine let me down. The first thing I noticed about it was that it was extremely heavy and bulky. This was a definite negative for me, as I normally have to transfer my sewing machines from room to room on a daily basis. When I tried to use it, it took a while before I became accustomed to the complicated controls. The instruction manual also seemed to be of no help. When sewing in regular straight lines and zigzags, this machine did fine, but when I tried it with different stitch patterns and with different sewing machine feet, the thread would bunch up and cause a mess near where the bobbin would lie. I would have to twist and turn it and adjust it often just to get it to work for me. So, I couldn't use this machine with anything other than very basic sewing projects. I was very disappointed.

• Versatility:

I would never have wasted my money on this machine.

Comments about Husqvarna Viking Computerized Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

I would never advise anyone to purchase this machine. From the first day I brought it home in which the foot pedal didn't work to just last month having to pay for a second mother board that has burnt out. Funny how I am now being informed that the warranty does not cover the mother board like it does the other parts. This machine has not done anything but cost me more money for every time it has went in for service. Don't even think of trying to get a response from the manufacturer I found that route totally impossible. For the cost of this machine I would have expected high end quality with little cost and better service. For what i paid for this machine I am convinced I could have bought 3 of another brand and still have better quality and less stress. So if you are tempted to purchase this product look at it and really think about spending that kind of money I would advise that it is totally not what it should be for the overall cost.

Easy to use

from Truckee, CA

Comments about Husqvarna Viking Computerized Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

Anything made by Husqvarna is going to be awesome. This machine can do almost anything. Easy to program too. Very durable, I have sewn probably 100 baby bibs and it's still going strong.

Perfection.

Easy to use, easy to program. You can buy different discs to use.

Fabric Handling
Super easy. I've sewn on many different types of fabric and I haven't come across one yet that can't be sewn on with this machine.

Versatility
Easy to use and it can do anything.

Looks awesome!

I've had mine for several years and I have never had a problem with it. I don't think anything can break on it!

• Versatility:

If you can find a gently used SE or better still SELE, buy it!

from Morrisville, PA

Comments about Husqvarna Viking Computerized Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

I have sewn on my SE for about 5 years. I love the stitch quality, the ear of use and the versatility of stitches. It embroiders excellently if the user uses the appropriate stabilizers. It has a large stitch area as well as excellent positioning tools built in programming features in both stitch and embroidery modes are user friendly. I can stitch on the lightest weight batiste as well as several layers of denim with touch button adjustments. I have rarely needed to fine tunebanynadjustments.

Stitch Performance
Stitch quality is superior to even the top of the line Diamond-- I also have a Diamond.

It would be nice to have the positioning camera that is on the top of the line BabyLock, but that would just be an added benefit

Fabric Handling
You need to purchase a walking or even feed foot as that function is not built into the machine. It is pricey, but worth the money if youmnbind quilts or do quilting.

Versatility
The machine has built in alphabets in both sewing and embroidery modesvasvwell as all types of stitches

The stitch menu is far superior to the newer Ruby that was the new replacement model for the discontinued SE and SELE.

The machine stitching is very reliable, but I have had 3 issues with the top thread case as well as the front bobbin and foot drawer. Both have broken 3 times. It is very pricey to replace these pieces and as they do not affect the stitching, I am not replacing them again.

• Versatility:

Viking Designer SE, worst machine I have ever owned...

from Brownsburg, IN

Comments about Husqvarna Viking Computerized Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

My Designer SE, has been in the shop for repair almost all of it's life, in the last year my machine has been out of my house for 6 months...I have used it about 3-4 weeks, they just keep working on it, it has been to corportate 2 times over 3 months each time, I think every thing that is inside it has been replaced and it still does not work, do not buy ....you will be so sorry, they have done nothing for me to take care of the problem...I think I will be ging to Baby Lock..

Love my machines!

from Ocala, FL

Sew Good to Use the Husquavarna Sewing Machine

from Fair Oaks, CA

Comments about Husqvarna Viking Computerized Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

I worried I wouldn't care for the machine my husband had thoughtfully given me as a gift. But it does everything a Bernina does and lots more. I was a little sorry when I got it, because I had my heart set on a Bernina. Now I am sorry I even muttered my feelings, as this machine is awesome. It helps me create whatever I want. There are few limits. It even sews on leather -- and helped me sew a strap down on my shoes. It is very intuitive and seems to help me with my sewing.

And the design is lovely. I've gone through many sewing machine's in my life, but this one is I plan to keep for a very long time. My daughter has already asked me for it if I ever replace it with another.

Couldn't be happier with it and glad to provide a review on this machine.

Designer SE is a truly Amazing machine!

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Husqvarna Viking Computerized Embroidery & Sewing Machine:

I love my Designer SE! It is a truly amazing sewing/quilting/embroidery machine with so many features that helps me to perform all its functions easily. It's high-tech without being non user-freindly. It makes sewing/quilting & embroidering easy and fun! What a great quality machine. It was built very solidly, not cheaply.