Other Diapers:

Huggies Pure & Natural Diapers

Pros

Cons

Huggies Pure and Natural: Yes, Diapers have Gone Green

Disposable diapers are a necessary purchase for anyone with babies since few parents have the time or patience to deal with cloth diapers. Manufacturers have come up with several innovations with disposable diapers over the years and one of the latest trends shouldn't come as much of a surprise. Yes, disposable diapers have now gone green and one current example is Huggies Pure and Natural Diapers, a product made by Kimberly- Clark.  **Diaper Commentary:**Huggies Pure and Natural Diapers are softer than other disposable diapers. These diapers are made using organic cotton in the outer covering and based on touch alone, there doesn't appear to be any plastic on these diapers. Like Huggies Supreme, Huggies Pure and Natural Diapers include two elastic bands, around the leg area, to help control leakage. The diapers are hypoallergenic and contain aloe and vitamin E. They are free from any type of fragrance, which means less chance for irritation to the skin. They are also offered in all of the standard sizes except newborn and they feature a small, Winnie-the-Pooh design. Given Huggies position as a leader in the baby product market, it isn't surprising that Huggies would produce a new product like Huggies Pure and Natural Diapers. As everyone knows, organic, green, and natural are the trend of the present day and many manufacturers have introduced "green" versions of their regular products. Huggies took advantage of this trend and has now brought us Huggies Pure and Natural Diapers, a product that contains organic material and is free from plastics and other materials that do not break down. Probably the first quality most will notice with these diapers is the incredible softness. They are manufactured with organic cotton on the outside and while I can't confirm cotton is used on the inside, the softness makes me suspect that it is. Besides the softness, Huggies Pure and Natural Diapers offer one other very nice quality: The do not leak, and the primary reason is due to the double layer of elastic around the legs. Even if liquid gets past the first elastic band, there is little chance it will get past the second band on the outside. This outside band is slightly wider and thus sticks out above the inside band, to stop the flow. Huggies diapers usually feature some type of design for child appeal and Huggies Pure and Natural Diapers are no different. However, they are unique in that they use a minimal amount of ink and dye. There is a Winnie-the Pooh design on one side and a tree on the other. The design is very light and from a distance, many will not even realize it exists or if they can see it, they will not know it is Winnie the Pooh. This keeps with the natural theme and it also reduces irritation.  Huggies Pure and Natural Diapers are priced about the same as Huggies Supreme, but there are fewer diapers per package, so the cost per diaper is greater.  This follows the trend with the other Huggies diapers. I assume Huggies does this so that consumers will be more likely to give the diapers a try. With the same price tag on a package of Huggies regular, Huggies Supreme, and Huggies Pure and Natural, the manufacturer is hoping that customers on strict budgets will give in and try the diapers at the different quality levels.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Huggies Pure and Natural Diapers mark Huggies entry into the "green" diaper market and they rank as Huggies best diaper yet, easily surpassing Huggies regular and offering slightly better overall quality than Huggies Supreme. These natural diapers absorb well, protect against leakage very well, and are made from all- natural materials. They are the organic answer to diapers, and they fit right in with the growing trend toward all- natural products.

Huggies Pure & Natural Diapers=Stinky!

I received a few coupons in the mail for the Huggies Pure & Natural diapers when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was excited to give them a try not only because of the coupons, but because they were the trusted Huggies brand and were a more eco-friendly selection than most disposable diapers on the market.

I purchased 1 pack of size 1's and 2 packs of size 2's in the Pure & Natural. The first thing I noticed was that the diaper count was less than other Huggies packaging and that they were a bit more pricey. At the time of use, my daughter was 2 months old, weighed approximately 10 pounds and was both breast fed and formula fed.

My first reaction to the diapers was a positive one; the diapers were soft and had a very nice contour shape to them, they were trim fitting and they also seemed to fit my daughter in the rise better than any other brands. I was also a fan of the organic and natural material that they used in the diaper.

I really wanted to like these diapers but there were far too many cons. As soon as she peed they began to emit a very stong urine odor. I don't know of anyone who wants their little one to smell like pee! I was constantly changing her after every wet just because of the smell. I also had my first and only poo blow-outs with the Pure & Natural diapers, unfortunately they just don't do a good job containing breast-fed poos.

Needless to say, I only used the size 1 pack and returned my unopened size 2's to purchase a different brand. Huggie's really let me down on this product.

A good green diaper

from Greer, SC

Comments about Huggies Pure & Natural Diapers:

I was so excited to see that Huggies had made a green diapers. We love Huggies products and used them with both our daughters. They have great quality, but I always wished they had a green diaper. Now they do! We used Huggies Pure and Natural Diapers with our second daughter. They were very absorbant, soft, and easy to use. She did experience and diaper rashes from them. I felt better about using an ecofriendly diaper. They do cost a bit more, but with sales and coupons you can usually get them for pretty reasonably priced. We really like these diapers in our house and highly recommend them to fellow diapering families.

• Was this a gift?:

Not bad, but I prefer other natural diapers

from Richmond VA

Comments about Huggies Pure & Natural Diapers:

We usually cloth diaper, but there are occasions (such as when he have babysitters or when we are traveling) that I go ahead and use disposable diapers. I wanted to use a pure, natural disposable diaper for my son, and I decided to give these a try. They were a fine substitute for our cloth diapers, though I have used other natural diapers that I liked a bit better. If you are new to natural diapers, these are a good place to start since their price is very fair.

These are just as easy to use as any other disposable diaper. They don't have a wetness indicator, though, so until you know your baby's rhythm, you might want to hold off on these and take advtantage of the ones that include that feature!

Leak Prevention
I never personally had a leak, but a few friends have said that they experienced them.

Comfort
My son seemed very comfortable and he never experienced any diaper rash.

Absorbency
These can handle just about as much liquid as any other diaper.

• Absorbency:

Great product. Very absorbent and soft.

Comments about Huggies Pure & Natural Diapers:

We used these diapers when my son was a newborn and loved them. They have cute Winnie the Pooh designs and great absorbency. We never experienced any leaks with them. The only indicator that they are environmentally friendly is the dyes on the diapers. The designs are much lighter than traditional diapers. I would use these diapers again with our next child.

These are very easy to use. The tabs never ripped off and they were easy to get on.

Leak Prevention
We used these when my son was a newborn and they worked great. We never had any leaks and they were absorbent.

Comfort
These seemed soft and comfortable. My son did not experience any rashes or irritation from the diapers.

Absorbency
These diapers seemed very absorbent. I have noticed that some environmentally friendly diapers are a little less absorbent, but I did not notice any difference with these diapers. They seemed to be equivalent to mainstream diapers.

Has a tendency to leak

Comments about Huggies Pure & Natural Diapers:

I really would like to rate these diapers higher, but after dealing with some leakage issues lately, I just can't. I have used Huggies Pure and Natural off and on over the last few years, I'll usually pick some up when they're on sale or I have coupons. I love that Huggies has created a more natural diaper for those concerned about what they are putting on their children and ultimately into the environment. I just really wish that these diapers held wetness in a bit better. They seem to fit my little just fine, the wetness seems to seep through the diaper, even after an hour and minimal amounts of wetness.

Leak Prevention
This is definitely something that needs to be improved upon.

Comfort
They are very soft and seem to cause no discomfort to my little one. We have not had any issues with rashes while wearing these.

Absorbency
These diapers seem to be much less absorbent than other diapers out there. I have had more wetness issues with these than many other diapers.

Pretty Good Diapers, A Bit Pricey

Comments about Huggies Pure & Natural Diapers:

If you're willing to pay the extra price these diapers are perfect. They're made of natural materials so they didn't seem to cause as much chafing as the other brand I used. They also seemed to fit my daughter a little better. (Her rump was a bit large for a newborn).
On the other hand the cheaper diaper worked just fine for her. They kept her just as dry albeit the Natural Diapers were quite a bit softer.
I would definitely buy these diapers for another baby if I have one, granted I have the extra money every month to put toward diapers. Aside from that, I feel like regular diapers work pretty well as long as my next child doesnt get rashes easily.

Leak Prevention
These kept her very dry and never exploded or leaked through.

Comfort
My daughter had a slight problem with the cheaper diapers because they gave her diaper rash. These of course didn't. I'm assuming this is because of the natural materials and once I paired them with the natural baby wipes she NEVER got a diaper rash again.

• Absorbency:

These diapers are great for preventing leaks!

Comments about Huggies Pure & Natural Diapers:

I have used these diapers with both of my children, a boy and a girl, and I have never had any problems with them. They held up nicely and did not leak. My children did not receive any rashes from using the product, either. I would highly recommend these diapers.

Natural

Comments about Huggies Pure & Natural Diapers:

I used these when my son was less than 3 months. I would have used them longer had they been a little bit more affordable. Other than that, they were a comfortable fit and never caused rashes. The picture on the front was always adorable. I did have a problem with them leaking once or twice, but over all they were pretty good diapers.

Just ok

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Huggies Pure & Natural Diapers:

When I was pregnant with my daughter I received a coupon for the Huggies Pure and Natural Diapers. I can't pass a good deal up, so I used the coupon and purchased a package to try them out. I am not in favor of paying higher prices for all natural products, but these diapers are priced about the same as regular diapers. You get fewer in the package though. When my daughter turned a month old I used the Huggies Pure and Natural Diapers for a week. I think they perform like a store brand diaper. They are soft and fit well, but aren't good at preventing leaks. They seem to shift on my baby's bottom and sag a little bit. I will not buy them again. I guess they would be a good diaper for someone who only uses natural products on their baby because they are priced lower than other all-natural diapers.

Leak Prevention
They perform like a store brand diaper. I had to change my daughter's diaper frequently to prevent leaks. If she wore one of these Huggies Pure and Natural Diapers to bed, it would leak overnight.

• Absorbency:

Pure, Nautural, and Wonderfully Made!

Comments about Huggies Pure & Natural Diapers:

I was first introduced to Huggies Pure and Natural Diapers through a sample that was sent in the mail. After opening and examining the package, I was unsure of how this diaper would be different that what was already on the market, and a little skeptical about how it would hold-up to leakage. The samples I received were newborn and included twp coupons, so I went and picked up a pack of newborn diapers before the birth of my first child three years ago. As most mothers know, the first few weeks or months of stool are very runny and require a very absorbent diaper to deal with the mess. Huggies Pure and Natural stood-up to the test. I rarely had leakage with these diapers and it only really occurred in overnight diaper situations. They are made with a more breathable lining and I deduced after using other diapers that my daughter had diaper rash less often using Pure and Naturals; I suspect because the diapers allows air to move through the diaper layers more efficiently than most. They are a little expensive, as are most name brand diapers, but definitely worth the money, especially in those earlier months.

Nice option

Comments about Huggies Pure & Natural Diapers:

I really liked the Huggies Pure and Natural diapers. These diapers were so much softer than the traditional Huggies Little Movers diapers, so I felt a lot better putting then on my baby. Putting the diaper on is easy, although, if I was not paying attention it was easy to rip the tabs off the sides. This was especially true as my babies got a little heavier, and there was less wiggle room when you pull the tab. I had no trouble with the absorbency of these diapers, they seemed to hold a ton of urine. I did have the occasional blow out poop that leaked up the back, but I always seem to have the up-the-back leak with Huggies. I think it has to do with the way they are cut. I really liked that when I opened the package of Huggies Pure and Natural it did not smell as chemically as other disposable diapers. Overall I would recommend them as a gentler option than traditional disposable diapers.