Other Pull-Up Diapers:
Huggies
Huggies Pull-Ups Learning Designs Training Pants

Huggies Pull-Ups Learning Designs Training Pants

Pros

• Absorbent (3)
  • Convenient (3)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent of two or more children (4)

Huggies Pull Ups Training Pants: Cute Design and Good Protection

As babies grow older they transform into toddlers and one of the signs of toddlerhood is the transition from diapers to toilets. Fortunately, there are many products available to assist with making this changeover and one that we purchase with great frequency is **Huggies Pull Ups with Learning Designs for Girls**, a brand of training pants designed with little girls in mind.

**Pull- Up Commentary:**

Huggies Pull Ups with Learning Designs for Girls are shaped like a diaper, but with pre-attached sides so that a child can grab the pull- ups and slide their legs through the openings with ease. The material used in the construction of these training pants is similar to a diaper, but these pull- ups are a little less comforable than a diaper and a little thinner. Elastic on the sides helps keep the pull- ups held up against the child's skin and a second, elastic ridge helps to guard further against leaks. Velcro on the sides of these pull- ups make it easy to open up and re- seal, if necessary.  Small heart- shaped designs on the front will fade if the diaper becomes wet, which is supposed to encourage potty training. And since these pull- ups are designed for girls, they have the absorbant padding placed in the right part of the pull- up, for maximum protection.

Huggies Pull Ups with Learning Designs for Girls are a product designed to help toddlers make the transition from diaper to toilet. My girls are at/in this period of their young lives right now and Huggies Pull- Ups with Learning Designs for Girls are the training pants they use with the greatest frequency. They like putting these training pants on themselves- a task that is made easy by the sealed sides. Many little ones will take great pride in this routine each day, realizing they are wearing underwear like a big person and looking forward to the day when they can wear ordinary underwear/panties like older siblings. Most girls will also like the design. My girls love Disney princesses and anything resembling them so they took to these training pants immediately. The material is a little scratchier than a diaper, but the fact that Disney Princesses are depicted on these training pants made them quickly forget any problem with comfort.

Nice designs and pre- sealed sides are nice, but what matters most in a pair of training pants is their effectiveness. And in this regard, Huggies Pull Ups with Learning Designs for Girls receive only an average grade. They offer very little in the way of training or a means to encourage toddlers to learn to use the toilet. The only mechanism in place to encourage toilet training is the design in the front that fades in color when the training pants become wet. Supposedly, the faded color should serve as a signal to children that it's time to go to the toilet, but there are two problems with this: The design doesn't fade very much and most children won't even notice when it does. The wet feeling is more likely to motivate than anything else.

As for wetness protection, Huggies Pull Ups with Learning Designs for Girls are better than other training pants. One nice extra is the leak guard: An extra ridge of protection where it is needed most, right at the legs. This leak guard is a second level of elastic protection that keeps liquid inside the pull- up. Another nice feature is the velcro on the sides. Like I said, these pull- ups are sold pre- sealed on the sides for convenience, but it is good to know that there is a velcro seal that can be opened and re-sealed just in case your toddler has a nasty accident and needs to remove the pull- up as cleanly as possible.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Huggies Pull Ups with Learning Designs for Girls have a few faults, but they are a good product that helps make a parent's life a little easier. They don't succeed very well at alerting children that the time is right for a trip to the restroom, but they do offer a good amount of leak protection, cute designs that girls love, and a look and feel that is more like actual underwear than a diaper. There are a good transitional product from a company that knows a thing or two about babies and toddlers.

Huggies Pull Ups swing diaper rash into yeast infection.

I have always enjoyed watching all the diaper and pullup commercials, because the little babies they use are SO cute and innocent, but my reactions to my granddaughters' experiences with the Pullups from Huggies made life seem like a nightmare for a while.

When transitioning from diapers to pullups, and eventually to the potty chair there's a lot of outside cooperation and patience needed by all parties that are participating in the 'big event', so when I started noticing my sweet little angel grandbaby turning up with diaper rash, I was less than ecstatic.  I thought someone was dropping the ball and becoming extremely lazy, using pullups as an excuse NOT to change baby when wet.

I cautioned my daughter (babys' mommy), and passed it on to the paternal side of the family, and reminded them that wet pullups are as bad for baby's tender skin as a wet diaper.  With one household attempting to pursue potty training, and one household not really participating, it was difficult enough to keep an eye on progress, so when the red patchiness became even worse, we decided to consult our physician.

Apparently, what had started as a minor diaper rash had snowballed into yeast infection, and to make matters worse, the cause was something in the Huggies Pullups that baby was allergic to, so while we were desperately trying to keep baby dry, placing the little innocent in the Pullups was making matters worse.

Once we discontinued use of the Huggies product, the redness and pain gradually dissipated and we're ALMOST out of the woods.  Apparently there is something in the Huggies diaper/pullup material that our sweetie is allergic to, and our continued use of the product just added to her pain and our frustration.  Hydrocortisone and (get this) athletes fungus creams had to be administered twice daily to reduce redness and itching.

Another solution for a quicker 'healing' process was to encourage her to wear REAL cotton panties during the day, and to really try and use her potty chair so that her 'privates' would feel better.  This explanation has worked wonders.  She uses the potty all day long, and has actually had 4 nights in a row with no bed-wetting.  The rash is almost gone, Huggies are out the door, and big girl TOILET is in.  It was a tedious journey, but it surely has paid off.

Currently use and will continue to use

from Bakersfield CA

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
  • Comforting
  • Convenient
  • Easily Cleaned
  • No Leaks
  • Portable

• Diaper Changing
    • Overnight

Comments about Huggies Pull-Ups Learning Designs Training Pants:

Super easy to change the sides have a Velcro you can just rip off while they can not, and if I'm on the go or in the car I can change her with out taking her pants all the way off because the Velcro allows me to either slide them on or put them on

This product is absorbent

from Seville ohio

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
    • Convenient
    • No Leaks

Cons

• Poor Construction

• Overnight

Comments about Huggies Pull-Ups Learning Designs Training Pants:

Mostly I love this product for home use my 2 year old can take it off for training and put a new one on by herself it is not good for kids that aren't ready for training

great for potty training

from Bayville, NJ

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Highly Absorbent

Cons

• Poor Fit

• Toddlers

Comments about Huggies Pull-Ups Learning Designs Training Pants:

My 2 year old is daytime potty trained, but not nighttime so she uses these pull-ups. They hold up very well with no leaks and they seem comfortable since she has no issues wearing them. My only complaint is the way they fit. According to her weight she should fit in 3t-4t, but they're too snug so we moved up a size to 4t-5t. They fit well in the waist, but tend to sag a lot. I'll continue to buy Huggies pull-ups because they work so well.

Only One Worth Buying

from Hitchcock, Texas

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
    • Convenient

• Diaper Changing

Comments about Huggies Pull-Ups Learning Designs Training Pants:

I have tried other brands with little success. These are the only ones that my daughter can wear and not have accidents in public. Other brands leak really fast, these work until we get to a potty. My daughter also loves the characters on the pull ups.

THESE LEAK

from Kansas,Missouri

About Me Grandparent

Comments about Huggies Pull-Ups Learning Designs Training Pants:

WE TRIED THESE ON MY GRANDSON AS HE WAS NEEDING DAILY DIAPERS LESS AND THEY ALWAYS LEAKED. DEFINITELY NOT GOOD OVERNIGHT.

Such cute potty training pants

from Florida

Comments about Huggies Pull-Ups Learning Designs Training Pants:

These are super cute. I love that Pull Ups offers different characters and designs both for bous and girls. The learning designs is a really meat feature too, you wouldn't think so but they really do help toddlers learn about being wet and when they need to go to the potty.

They come in various Disney characters from the Disney Princesses to the Cars characters. Huggies also comes out with seasonal pull ups around Christmas time.

The only reason they didn't get a nine or ten overall rating is because they are a little pricey.

Absorbency
      Pull Ups are super absorbent. They area Huggies product so they are made with the same material as the diapers.

Comfort
      To me by looking and feeling these they seem like they would be the most comfortable for little ones to wear.

Leak Prevention
      I never had any leaking issues with Pull Ups. I've tried other brands and these are by far the best especially when it comes to keeping from leaking.

Great for saying Goodbye to Diapers

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Huggies Pull-Ups Learning Designs Training Pants:

Pull-Ups are awesome when you're potty training your little one, but beware! You may find your child running around naked once they learn how easy these baby's come off and on.
      Pull-Ups features super cool cartoon characters on the front so kids love them. And, they're themes for both boys and girls, too! OMG!
      The Pull-Ups are designed with high quality, soft cloth materials so they're so against baby's skin and to the touch.
      I've never had a problem with leaks, but do make sure that you choose the right size that fits snug around the leg to avoid this potential problem.
      Kids can easily pull them up and down so they feel big and grown up, and this really helps in getting them potty trained.
      The PullUps are priced about the same as a package of diapers but they last longer since your child is starting to use the potty/
      If you want to make potty training easier for both you and your child, make sure that you have Pull-Ups there to help

• Absorbency:

Just started using these, my daughter loves the characters

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Huggies Pull-Ups Learning Designs Training Pants:

I just started to introduce potty training to my daughter. She is a huge fan of Minnie Mouse, so I thought I would give these a try. They go on and off pretty easy and my daughter is thinking they are more like big girl diapers than baby diapers. They are very absorbent like a normal diaper. I do not use these at night yet, since we are just starting with potty training. My daughter loves the characters on these, she wants to decide which one to wear, which I think really helps, since the next step is underwear and she will enjoy picking out her favorites. I think these are working well so far and will continue to use them.

Absorbency
      These are very absorbent and we haven't had any issues with leaking yet. I would not recommend these for night time use especially in the beginning stages of potty training.

Comfort
      My daughter loves to wear these, so they seem very comfortable for her. I have not seen any red marks around her legs at all.

• Absorbency:

Great pull-up for potty-training and overnight confidence

Comments about Huggies Pull-Ups Learning Designs Training Pants:

We used Huggies Pull-Ups Learning Designs Training Pants while my son was potty-training. He really liked the designs and liked being able to pull them up and down like underwear. They gave him extra protection and confidence when we were out and about during the learning process. Even after he was potty-trained, we still put them on him at night for several months to help him avoid wetting the bed. These pull-ups helped him feel confident and sleep better at night, and he rarely wet them. They fit him well and he seemed to really enjoy feeling in control and not needing to have his diaper changed like a baby. I think these are a great transitional tool for going from diapers to underwear, and they definitely made it easier for us to go out in public without the worry of accidents. They were also really helpful on long road trips when we knew it might be difficult to find a bathroom for long stretches of time, since a potty-training child often doesn't realize he needs to go until he needs to go at that exact moment! For my child, pull-ups really made a positive impact on his potty-training.

Huggies Pull-Ups Are Great For Potty Training

Comments about Huggies Pull-Ups Learning Designs Training Pants:

This training pants are great for my son to learn to do potty. I've been training him for about 3 months now. We started when my son was 15 months old, and he's been having more and more success in doing potty. It wasn't that easy at first of course, but in less than a month wearing this training pants, he's been able to tell me when he needs to pee or poop. This is great for kids to learn, because it has the design in the front part that will fade if it's wet. So my son learns that the drawing he saw before will be gone if he wet it. The absorbancy is good enough for holding up wetness, though I have to change him more often when he's wearing the pants. But I think that's a good point to make kids learn faster. When my son is too wet, he doesn't feel comfortable, that's how he learns that he needs to take potty break more often. This training pants are also very helpul when we are outside or travelling, because I can easily change him while standing ( no need to struggle and try to make him stay still while lying down on the changing table). The sides of this pants also fit really well to my son's legs so I don't need to worry about leaks though he moves a lot!! And one more thing that I love about this pants is the price. They cost almost the same as the regular diapers, which is great!! I don't have to spend more money to have such a good helper in potty-training my son. Huggies really does a great job helping moms and kids.