4.1
Huggies Little Snugglers Newborn Diapers

Huggies Little Snugglers Newborn Diapers

4.1

Huggies Supreme: The quality shows

It seems like just yesterday that I was routinely changing diapers.  Beginning in the mid-70s, we tried them all.  Original Pampers, Huggies Supreme, thin ones, ultra-thin ones, etc. were among the countless number of brands and styles we tried.

When in 1997, baby Jenna made her miraculous presence we immediately started her out with **Huggies Supreme**.  But as most new parents know, Huggies Supreme can be thick and bulky and so we changed to one of the ultra-thin varieties for day-time wear, reserving the bulky Supremes for overnight use.  We thought all was good.  After-all, we were by now old hands at this kind of thing.

**The Rash**

One afternoon we noticed a diaper rash beginning to form.  So after a thorough gentle washing of her bottom we pasted her up with a goodly amount of Balmex and thought all would be fine.  On her next change we noticed the rash to be uglier and angrier.  We repeated our treatment, but by early that evening we were facing a screaming rash and worse, a screaming newborn.  A call to our pediatrician was in order.

One of the nice things about living in a very small town is that everyone seems always to be available.

We described the rash and our treatment over the phone and the very next question we heard from her is "What diaper are you using?"  Although I can't remember the brand, I remember it was one of those (then) new ultra-thin plastic coated disposables.  "Stop using them, do you have any original Huggies at home?"   She was of course referring to **Huggies Supreme**.

She explained to us that some infants had severe reactions to the absorbent material used in the ultra-thins of that time.  The Huggies Supreme did a better job at wicking urine away from the baby's skin, minimizing irritation to a very sensitive area.

And, so from that time on we switched back to the thicker and bulkier **Huggies Supreme**.  The rash quickly disappeared and subsequent diaper rashes were mild and easily treated.

**My Grandchildren**

Recently I was visiting my daughter who had just given birth to a very handsome little boy.  At changing time we went to the changing table and there was a stack of **Huggies Supreme Little Snugglers**.  So I commented on them and my daughter gave me that "yes Dad look" and said they wouldn't think of using anything else.

I guess you can say that at least two generations of Xenos are hardcore **Huggies Supreme** fans.

Rudi

Terrible!

I received a couple boxes of the Huggies Little Snugglers Newborn size diapers at my baby shower. I knew that Huggies were cheaper than Pampers, since I had been trying to stock up on diapers before my son's arrival. After using the Huggies diapers for a couple of weeks straight I became irritated with how often I had to change my son's diaper. I was changing him nearly every hour in order to avoid urine or poop from leaking out all over me and my son. The diapers fit him correctly they just weren't good at absorbing and holding anything in for more than an hour. I finally sent my husband out to get a different brand and noticed a difference right away. I could now go every 2-3 hours without having to change my son's diaper and nothing leaked out. I'll never use Huggies again.

The diapers were easy to put on and fit my son well, but they didn't actually contain my child's urine or poop.

Leak Prevention
These diapers are the worst on the market when it comes to leak prevention and trust me I've tried every brand out there. You can't even go an hour without the contents of the diaper leaking out everywhere.

Comfort
The diapers looked comfortable and didn't cause a rash or leave any marks on my son. They seemed to fit him well.

Absorbency
Absorbency was terrible considering urine would leak out within an hour of changing my son's diaper.

I love Huggies Little Snugglers.

from Neberry Springs CA

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Adjustable Fit
  • Good Value
  • Highly Absorbent
  • Snug Fit
  • Soft

• Infants
    • Newborn
    • Preemies

Comments about Huggies Little Snugglers Newborn Diapers:

I use them with my three month old and I love them.

Great Diapers

from Greer, SC

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Adjustable Fit
    • Highly Absorbent
    • Snug Fit
    • Soft

• Newborn

Comments about Huggies Little Snugglers Newborn Diapers:

These were our families absolute favorite diapers for our girls when they were newborns. They are convenient, durable, absorable, and high quality. We did have any leaks with these or any side tabs rip off. They fit snuggly and were soft on sensitive baby skin. My one complaint about these diapers is the fact that it is not eco-friendly. Although the premium varieties are more costly, it has been our experience that it is well worth it in quality to pay a little big more. I cannot say enough good things about these diaper. Definitely our family's favorite!

Huggies are great!

Comments about Huggies Little Snugglers Newborn Diapers:

Huggies Little Snugglers Newborn diapers are wonderful. They have a cut out for the newborn's umbilical cord but you also can fold the front part down in case you need the diaper to be tighter. The elastic around the legs are solid and do not let poop or pee to escape. We were told that Huggies does run small however. We found this to be true and switched to size 1 diapers a little before the expected weight. We did not find this to be a problem though because we knew of the possibility ahead of time. We still think Huggies are a great diaper for the price. They also have little Winnie the Pooh pictures on the diapers. The tabs are velcro which allows the diaper to remain snug on the newborn. They are small and can fit very well into the diaper bag or even in the glove compartment of the car. They are soft and do not irritate our baby's bottom - which was very important to us.

• Absorbency:

Great diapers, worth the extra money

Comments about Huggies Little Snugglers Newborn Diapers:

Great diapers, and they are worth the money. Although they are higher in price, you really pay for quality diapers when you get these. We tried many cheaper and store brand diapers and eventually always ended back up with huggies. They are super absorbent and hold very well. Unlike with many other diapers, we have never experienced a leak of any kind. The designs are adorable, and the outside is comfort soft as well. The "velcrow" on the straps holds very well, even with a squirmy baby. We have never had any diaper rash problems with these diapers, as they do a great job at soaking up any liquid and keeping it off of the baby's skin. No matter what size he grows into, each size fits him well.

Easy to use! Easy to open and easy to get on the baby!

Leak Prevention
      We have never had a leak, the diapers seal very well.

Comfort
      Very soft and comfortable. The inside and outside are very soft against the skin, and the straps are soft and strong enough to hold.

Very absorbent

Best Newborn Diapers

from Florida

Comments about Huggies Little Snugglers Newborn Diapers:

They had my daughter in Pampers Swaddlers at the hospital, but I had Little Snugglers at home and that is what she has been wearing since I brought her home, and for newborns at least these are the best possible diapers.

The fit her just right. She's a bigger baby, she was eight pounds when she was born, but the newborn little snugglers fit her perfectly.

They are priced about the same as the other big name diapers, which might be a little pricey for some moms but its totally worth it.

I would recommend these to other moms to use.

Easy to use, and easy to unfold one handed.

Leak Prevention
      I have never had any issues with these leaking,

Comfort
      Like I said earlier these are the snuggest fitnon my daughter, she hasn't had any diaper rash issues while wearing them either. That is why I give them such a high comfort rating,

Absorbency
      Very absobent. They do great during the day but even overnight they are still very absorbent.

Leaky

Comments about Huggies Little Snugglers Newborn Diapers:

These were the only diapers we could find in a newborn size in my area. I suffered through these for a month until my little one was big enough for a size one diaper. My little one is a boy and these diapers leaked out of the top of the diaper all the time. Being a new mom read about all the tricks to keep a baby boy dry and none worked while I was using these diapers. I had to wash and change countless numbers of clothes and swaddle blankets because of leaks. I was quick to check and change diapers too, but nothing helped. I also feel that these diapers are overpriced and there is no selection for different quantities. I could only ever find a small bag and of course newborns go through lots of diapers. I did however appreciate that they did not give my newborn a rash. These diapers were gentle on his sensitive skin. These diapers were also soft and easy to use. I would not recommend them for use on baby boys due to the leakage issues I experienced.

• Absorbency:

The only Huggies diapers I don 't like.

Comments about Huggies Little Snugglers Newborn Diapers:

I got these when I was pregnant with my son in preparation of his arrival. I thought it was really neat that they had the special cut out piece for the umbilical cord. However, this ended up being our downfall with these. For a boy it didn't always offer good enough coverage of his "boy parts" and he would end up peeing out the top the umbilical cord place. I didn't like these at all, and I love Huggies so I think it is just because of the design for the umbilical cord that doesn't work particularly well for boys.

They are easy enough to use, except you have to position them JUST right to make sure there is no leakage out the top.

Leak Prevention
      My son would leak out the top by the special umbilical cord place and also out the sides by his legs. He was 7lbs 5ozs but I think they are just made for chubbier legs than what he had.

Comfort
      They are soft like all Huggies diapers so this is a plus.

Absorbency
      This is hard for me to say because he'd just pee out the top and sides, so I never got a real idea of how absorbent they are.

Not my favorite

from Richmond VA

Comments about Huggies Little Snugglers Newborn Diapers:

These diapers were really only just okay. My son was a very small newborn with very thin legs, so it was sometimes difficult to find diapers that fit his legs well enough to effectively prevent leaks. These diapers fit his waist very well and I loved that I didn't have to take the diaper off to find out if he was wet, but they were still too loose around his legs and we had several leaks. I would definitely have preferred if the legs were tighter or at least a little longer to help prevent that!

These were easy to put on, though I did not care for the fasteners. They felt a bit flimsy for my taste, and I worried that they wouldn't stay put.

Leak Prevention
      There were too many leaks coming out of the leg holes for us to continue using them.

Comfort
      My son seemed very comfortable in them, though the ruffles on the legs seemed a little bit stiff and made me worry that they were bothering him.

Absorbency
      These diapers do a great job of absorbing liquid and they can handle a fairly large amount, which is great for heavy wetters.

• Absorbency:

These diapers are just great on all fronts!

Comments about Huggies Little Snugglers Newborn Diapers:

To start out, let me just say that I love these diapers a lot, and this brand too, the price is inexpensive, especially for the QUALITY that you're paying for. The biggest sell point for me was the cutout for the umbilical cord! I didn't have to worry about wet diaper sitting on top of the area-hygiene issues, or the extra pressure- I knew my baby was comfortable! The size was great for my smaller daughter, but also my larger neighbors little boy that I babysat a lot too. And of course, what mommy doesn't love the extra help, when a diaper changes color to say it's time for a change. Every mom can use a little help now and then and the color strip is very convenient for me especially when I'm on the go and need to know really fast if my daughter needs a diaper change or not.

These snug and dry diapers are incredibly easy to use and the fact that they have the umbilical cord cutout instead of the other brands where you have to fold them down and deal with them like that.

Leak Prevention
      these are incredible for leakage protection, as far as I am concerned this brand alone is one of the best brands out there for leakage protection.

• Absorbency:

The only REAL competition to Pampers Swaddlers.

Comments about Huggies Little Snugglers Newborn Diapers:

Huggies Little Snugglers Newborn Diapers are the only REAL competition to Pampers Swaddlers because up until this past year, Pampers only had Newborn and stage one Snugglers. Huggies had many more stages than this, and they are better because they have Leakguard technology that helps prevent leaks and keeps baby's skin smooth and dry, while preventing 99% of diaper rashes.

When my older kids, the two daughters, turned 1 and 2 respectively, they were still little tiny things, and still could fit in stage one and two diapers. Huggies Little Snugglers Newborn Diapers still fit the one year old amazingly well. And they kept her drier than any other diaper at the time that we could find. And they were so easy to use. I almost never had a tab break when I tried to open it to put on my daughter. Some other brands rip easily and then the diaper becomes useless before you can even get it on them. Or you have to double them up to prevent leaks.

But not with Huggies Little Snugglers Newborn Diapers. They work right the first time, every time, and that is why my daughters were raised on Huggies Little Snugglers when they outgrew Pampers Swaddlers.