Other Clothes Dryers:

Cons

Gets the job done

from Utah

Comments about Hotpoint Dryer:

Our rental included one of these Hotpointe dryers. When I first looked at it, I thought that I would never choose to buy a dryer like this, simply from the way that it looks. But after using it for several years, I found that it gets the job done, even if it has quirks and hiccups along the way.

Even though it can sound bad when running, it does get the job done of drying clothes without ruining them.

This dryer has had a loud squeaking sound off and on for about the entire time that we have used it. It sounds like metal rubbing on metal. I think it may be caused by the drum inside expanding when it gets hot and rubbing on something outside of it, but I have never been able to positively identify it. It can be very irritating as it can easily be heard throughout the entire house (this is one of the hiccups I mentioned). Also, one of the knobs for setting the temperature of the drying has broken off, although you can still turn the pin behind it to make the adjustments. The buzzer has also not worked for several years.

Quality Standard Dryer

from Va

Comments about Hotpoint Dryer:

I purchased a Hotpoint Dryer about 5 years ago and it hasn't failed me yet! It's not a fancy dryer, but it dries clothes and takes care of them while drying. I have a large family so I'm constantly washing and drying clothes, almost daily. For the price I paid for my dryer I've got great use out of it and it's still working well. The only issue I have had is with a belt and my husband was able to fix that himself not costing us a penny. My clothes come out with minimum wrinkles and lint free. It's easy to clean the filter and isn't loud when in use. It's a very basic standard dryer that dries clothes. If I had to buy a new dryer today I would probably buy another Hotpoint because of how durable this one is. I use it to dry everything from my huge comforters to my delicate silk blouses. I've never had anything ruined in my dryer. I think it's one of the best dryers for the price range.

Load Capacity
Dries very large loads in a minimum time span. Dries comforters and large clothing items.

Dries what I need dried in a short amount of time.

Very easy to use. Shut the door and turn a switch to turn on.

Has held up 5 years using daily.

Basic white dryer there's nothing fancy about it.

• Load Capacity:

Good dryer for the price

Comments about Hotpoint Dryer:

I have owned my hot point dryer for a year. I have never owened a hot point before.. Our old dryer went out unexpectedly and we had to get a cheap dryer. This dryer fit in our budget and gets the job done. The only complaint I have is the lint trap. It is on the inside of the dryer door, it doesn't seem to catch all the lint and I have to get the vacuum down in it to get all the lint. I hope it last for several years. If your in the market for an affordable dryer this is it. It does not have alot of bells and whistles on it but like I said it drys my clothes very well. When it's time to get a new washer we will look at the hotpoint models available. Overall we are happy with our purchase.

Load Capacity
I wash extra large loads in the washer and have no issues drying them in the dryer.

The lint trap is in an odd spot and doesn't seem to get all the lint.

from Lillington, NC

Comments about Hotpoint Dryer:

I have owned a Hotpoint dryer for about 8 years now.  The purchase price was very reasonable.  I bought it new.  I had it fixed once about 4 years ago.  I was using it for military gear etc.  Holds a good amount of laundry.

Sorry, I'm not too crazy about the high effieciency Hotpoint!

from Waldport, OR

Comments about Hotpoint Dryer:

I usually have some nice words to say when I write a review, but this time I have to complain a little!  I do appreciate the fact that a dryer was invented that uses less energy, but I'm not too happy about this high efficiency model clothes dryer.  I work in a rental where I have to do the laundry when the guests leave, for example:  Towels, linens, rugs, etc.  Well, this dryer seems to take forever to dry the clothes!  I'm used to clothes dryers taking only about an hour or so to dry the laundry.  Well, this dryer takes soooo long!!  I usually have clothes waiting for the dryer for a quite a while before I get a chance to put them in.  It's a cute little dryer and compact too, but it's just crazy that by now, here in the twenty first century, it just doesn't do a very good job!!  It takes up too much of my time.  I've had to leave the rental and go home and come back, and the clothes are still not dry.  Maybe we just got a lousy one, who knows?

Our Hotpoint clothes dryer is nearing its 35th trouble-free year

from Elizabeth, IN

Comments about Hotpoint Dryer:

Our Hotpoint electric clothes dryer has become a true friend of the family. Even if the 35- year-old dryer conked out today, it would do so having served its purpose well.

I didn't use the modern appliance much during its first five years, because electricity was just too expensive for the budget, especially since the only thing needed for the clothesline to perform its magic was a day of sunshine and a bag of clothespins. And It seemed to take forever for the dryer to handle even a small load of clothes.

Then our engineer son-in-law came to the rescue with a simple adjustment. He straightened a kink in the vent hose, where the water extracted by the dryer had been pooling. Our wet clothes had been tumbling in a sauna.

Since then our Hotpoint has tumbled load after load without so much as a single repair job. And even though using a clothesline is now considered environmentally friendly, I would save on electricty elsewhere rather than give up my old friend.

love my Hotpoint dryer

from Bogata, TX

Comments about Hotpoint Dryer:

I love my Hotpoint Dryer cause it has the fluff air dry cycle cause I have some things that need to not be dryed in the dryer with heat and it is very energy effecentit is about 6 years or  older but still works fine on all three cycles even both of my grand children can use it it is so easy to use we had an old dryer that wasn't the case neither one of the grand children could it with out help