3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Temperature Control:

You get what you pay for I guess

Comments about Hotpoint Ariston Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

Very disappointed overall. I've had it for over 5 years and have had to constantly check the temp control and clean the underside numerous times whereas with the last fridge I did not have to. My fridge is now freezing my foods that sit along the back edge of the shelves. Noise is a problem with this model especially in the summer months and in the winter with windows closed the tv needs to be louder to compensate for the noise of the fridge.

Noise Level
Terribly loud summer and winter. Came with a loose motor and when that was fixed continued to be noisy. Start up and shut down are the worst. Will not buy this model again. Maybe the brand again yes but not a budget buy as this one was.

Interior Organization
Freezer too small to accept numerous amounts of food. The wire shelf for in the freezer is the only saving grace as that is the best place to put 6 trays of ice cubes.You either buy all prepackaged boxed items to fit nicely but don't try to mix it up by wrapping your own meats and stuff them in there with pizzas and bagged food as everything tends to slide out on you. Limited door shelf space, good only for frozen juices and a grease bucket.

Temperature Control
Off and then some! Terrible control from the begining! Still trying to get the temp correct for the fridge. Has freezing issues in the fridge though not the freezer, that works fine and no frost in there. That is a big plus, have not had to adjust the freezer controls one bit.

Can say this for this particular model, once everything is out, shelves racks drawers, it is a breeze and easy to clean. Everything is accessible and easily removed, except the drawer. Must have the door of the fridge completely open and then some to open and or remove the drawer. Other than that issue it is nice.

Has held up to numerous deer processing and a move or two in between different rooms throughout the house. Does not stand up well to everyday dirt and dust. But has held up extremely well to door opening use. When older children and adults that like to have the ice for their drinks are involved the door use gets kind of extreme and this model is good for that.

Inner door shelves take up too much space. Will do better next time to see how a different model can make this my first choice. When milk has to be on the door and not inside on a shelf I notice a change in the milks consistant temp. No shelf in the freezer to help seperate out the different foods, just a big open hole you need to puzzle block your way through. Lovely, I want ice cream and that had to be put in the back of the freezer to support the bags of veggies that support the wrapped pork roast and chickens.

It is a good fridge

from Kalamazoo, MI

Comments about Hotpoint Ariston Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I like this fridge. It does what it is supposed to do and, considering the problems I have had with other fridges, that is great praise. This fridge works for well for one person as well as a family. It keeps things cold as it suppose to do and freezer doesn't 'over freeze' anything so far. By 'over freeze' I mean I don't a freezer burn on my food with in a few hours or days. I freeze meals for the week for me and it has plenty of room.

The fridge portion has enough shelf space where I don't lose the butter or forget the left overs. The crispers are ok though a little difficult to pull out sometimes.

Cleaning is a breeze because everything pops out in no time and is very washable.

Noise Level
I don't here it running except when I am right next to it and, even then, it doesn't drown out anything.

Interior Organization
As I stated before there is all kinds of space. It is not like the more expensive brands where everything is labeled but sufficient for me and my apartment.

Temperature Control
Temperature control is right where you can find it for both the fridge as well as the freezer. It is easy to figure out and works well.

• Temperature Control:

Good enough for a small family

from San Gabriel, CA

Comments about Hotpoint Ariston Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

We've bought this small refrigerator for use in our garage in case we overload our main refrigerator in the kitchen or we have lots of extra sodas that we want to put in the refrigerator to make it cold. This Hotpoint refrigerator is cold enough and energy efficient enough to use with a small family with not a lot of stuffs to put, it's perfect for a family of 3 or 4 since it's small. But for a big family, you might want to consider a bigger refrigerator, like one of those side by side 2 doors ones. We've put this refrigerator in our garage to use ever since we've replaced our old energy hog refrigerator that we moved from our old evidence. Ever since we've used this refrigerator, we felt we saved a lot of money from it being more energy efficient than the one we've replaced. I would recommend this refrigerator to any small family looking for a budget refrigerator, it's good enough for most small families, but if you are looking to put a lot of things in it, you might want to look elsewhere.

• Temperature Control:

Finicky temperatures, needs more storage

Comments about Hotpoint Ariston Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

We purchased the Hotpoint Ariston Freezer/Refrigerator last year, and it has been working well for us so far with only a couple drawbacks. First, the refrigerator gets a little too cold. There is a very limited range of temperature that if exceeded, freezes everything in the fridge section, and if it is too low, condensation forms on our items. We need to be very careful about where the temperature is set, and make sure items are not too close to the fan in the back of the fridge. The only other setback is that there is limited storage space. The vegetable drawers at the bottom of the unit are great, but there are no other drawers for deli meats, cheeses, or smaller products. And once eggs and butter are added to the door shelves, there is limited space for condiments and miscellaneous items. I purchased a couple clear storage bins to store our meats, cheeses, and herbs, and those have been working well to keep the refrigerator neat and organized; I would recommend doing that with this product. Overall a good refrigerator, good size for two people and generally works well.

• Temperature Control:

This One's Okay, but not the Best.

from Little Falls, NJ

Comments about Hotpoint Ariston Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I've had this refrigerator for about a year now. The freezer has plenty of room, but I noticed in the summer food such as ice cream wasn't completely freezing. Other foods seemed to be okay. When the refrigerator is set to high, some produce tends to freeze, but when set lower it doesn't last very long. Overall, it will do, but I wouldn't recommend it as a high quality refrigerator.

Hot Point Ariston Top Freezer Refrigerator

from Grand Junction, CO

Comments about Hotpoint Ariston Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I have had this fridge for about 4 years now without any problems. It has worked great! I can store a lot in the freezer, and as I am a single person living alone, it's a lot of space so I can "stock up" on sales. The fridge part is also plenty of room for 1 or 2 people, although a larger family might want a bigger fridge. It's a lot of space for me, and I am thrilled with it. It doesn't have any "frills" no ice dispenser, etc. But I don't need them. I like my fridge's plain, less to go wrong.....I am very happy with HotPoint, had not paid much attention to brands before this, but this is the first one I had actually bought, and it was a bargain besides. Another thing, it is very quiet running, I have a friend who's landlord installed her a new fridge, don't know the brand, but it is very noisy, it runs loudly intermently, very disruptive. My Hopoint does not do that, it's quiet almost all the time! Very good buy......

Good!

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Hotpoint Ariston Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I have this refrigerator for 1 year now. It's affordable. It was delivered to us from the store. It's durable and you can keep a lot of food inside, it's spacious! It has 3 layers at the bottom then 2 cases for the veggies. The freezer part was spacious too.