Other Clothes Dryers:
Hotpoint
HTDX100EMWW
Hotpoint 6 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Summary

GE Hotpoint White Electric Dryer - HTDX100EWH/ 6.0 Cu. Ft. Capacity/ Auto Dry/ Rotary Electromechanical Controls/ 3 Heat Selections/ Reverse-A-Door/ Upfront Lint Filter/ Cottons Cycle/ Up To 90 Ft. Venting Capability/ White Finish

Hotpoint 6 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

HotPoint Dryer is a Great Value

from Lafayette, LA

Comments about Hotpoint 6 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

The HotPoint Dryer is a great deal if you are on a budget and you are looking to purchase a good dryer for cheap. HotPoint is much cheaper than other dryers out there. Although it's inexpensive, it does not lack in quality. The quality of this dryer is just as good as others. The drying time is what you would expect in a dryer. You can fit a large amount of clothes in this dryer, surprisingly. I've stuffed this dryer full and yet all of my clothes came out very dry. I've never had any issues with this dryer. The design is plain and simple. It is normal size for a dryer. It's easy to clean and the lint collector is also easy to clean. The machine itself doesn't get dirty easily. The durability of this dryer is phenomenal, especially considering the price. It lasted me well over 5 years. I eventually gave it to my brother, who was in desperate need of a reliable dryer. It was well worth the purchase.

• Load Capacity:

good dryer for decent price

Comments about Hotpoint 6 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

Got this dryer to replace a more expensive, fancier Whirlpool that went out after a year. So I was looking for something on the cheaper side that had the basic functions since I wasn't thrilled about having to buy a new dryer again so soon. I found this one on sale. After looking through the reviews there I was a bit skeptical but took the plunge and went ahead and purchased it online. I've had it for about a year now and I must say this dryer runs great. It’s very basic. Nothing fancy about it at all. No bells and whistles. Fit very well in our space (closet type of laundry area). I was concerned about it not performing well since it’s a name I haven’t heard much about. Pretty quiet I think for a dryer. There is no light in it. I kind of wish there was but it’s not much of a big deal for me. The lint trap is in front, so it is easy to access and easy to clean. Some lint does get left in the little slot but it is very easy to access with a vacuum hose or smaller hand vacuum to clean out. It does feel a little flimsy but as long as you take care of it and don’t beat it up it’s going to do its job. The door is reversible. I did reverse it when I got it to make it easier to transfer clothes from the washer. Dries a full load of clothes on a lower setting. I usually place it on the less dry setting and when it’s done my clothes are pretty much dry anyway. I don’t really think that it needs to be set any higher than that. It does not have a buzzer to let you know when the load is finished but that is not a big deal to me. It fits larger loads pretty well. I can dry a queen size comforter with no problems. Clothes are generally not wrinkled when I pulled them out which is a plus.

• Load Capacity: