Other Pest Control & Pesticides:

Hot Shot Wasp & Hornet Killer

NO. I won't buy again.

from Bryan, Texas

Pros

Cons

• Inefficient

Comments about Hot Shot Wasp & Hornet Killer:

Does not work on keeping them from nest. They come back after 2 days.

hotshot / one shot

from illinois

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

Comments about Hot Shot Wasp & Hornet Killer:

you better have great aim and not use this product on a day with the slightest breeze or buy several cans . the long reach claim is negated by poor pressure , one 10 sec stream is all you get ! then the can sprays fine mist everywhere ,sounds like theres a lot left in the can but its no longer useable

Flawless bee/wasp spray

from Elk Grove, CA

Comments about Hot Shot Wasp & Hornet Killer:

This spray gets the job much more thoroughly than I imagined. For starters, it is very powerful. I was thinking it would be something like a squirt gun, but it's better than even a super-soaker. I would equate it to the "jet blast" setting on a garden hose nozzle. It's powerful and thus very easy to use, as poor accuracy isn't really a concern.

After I hit the wasps with the spray, they would immediately be stunned and fall to the ground and they would die within just a couple of minutes. Some wasps that happened to be in the area and got hit with only a little bit of the spray seemed to react as if they had taken a direct hit.

I must say, though, if you read the directions on the back you will see that you need to be careful around children and pets, as well as with any inhalation or eye contact. I guess this spray is so powerful for a reason, and the price that comes along with that is the caution needed when using.

Hot Shot Kills after 3 minutes

from Chapel Hill, NC

Comments about Hot Shot Wasp & Hornet Killer:

Hot Shot wasp killer was something I needed because of the Wasp that were constanly around my house. There was a couple different kinds when I went to buy it and I chose Hot Shot because of price and Name Brand. The Hot Shot wasp killer went to work the next day as they were swarming around my door. I was hopeing it would work and I would not just get attacked. The wasp was on my window and I sprayed it and it did not seem to have an effect but at least it did not attack me. As I sprayed more I could see it reacting to the wasp but a few more sprays and the wasp started to fall. I thought this was suppose to kill on contact and its more like kill after spraying for 3mins. This product does work but it takes to long especially on a bug like a wasp where it can sting you in a second. I am not full satisfied with this product but it will have to do until the can is empty. I will be trying something different next time .

Effective and safe works in hard to reach places.

from Luling, TX

Comments about Hot Shot Wasp & Hornet Killer:

Here in South Texas we have an abundance of hornets ans wasps. I am 70 and arthritic and the sprays I were using weren't thick enough to reach high places on outside of my house and barn. All most of them did was scatter the wasps and make them mad as hell. Hot Shot provides a steady, thick foam; when it hits the nest engulfs the wasps and they fall dead.

Hot Shot: Aim, shoot and run - will get the job done

from West Lafayette, IN

Comments about Hot Shot Wasp & Hornet Killer:

We have been fighting the hornets at our house all season long.  Just recently, they have gotten smart and built a nest up high on the roof where they are safely out of reach.  My husband has been stung twice so far this season and so we try to eliminate their nests as soon as we locate them.  This nest, however, was too far out of reach for us to get to and knock down.  We purchased the Hot Shot brand because it was priced the best when compared to its competitors.  We were pleased with how the spray worked - it seemed to do the job on any hornets that we were able to reach and spray.  However, the stream length was just a little too short to reach the nest from the ground.  We had to get out the ladder, spray quickly, and retreat so as to not get stung from the angry hornets leaving the nest.  No complaints about this product except that the can did not hold much.  One use was all we could get out of the whole can before it was empty.

Hot Shot Wasp & Hornet Killer--Great Revenge After Sting

from Piedmont, NC

Comments about Hot Shot Wasp & Hornet Killer:

**Hot Shot Wasp & Hornet Killer** claims to have a jet spray up to 27 feet. I didn't want to take any chances on missing after being stung by a yellow jacket on the face while mowing. I wanted to make sure I got the pesky things the first time, and I did with this product.

**Hot Shot Wasp & Hornet Killer** worked like a charm. The yellow jackets were stopped in their tracks and I got my revenge. Since all sprays are different, I'd highly recommend reading the directions on the container first. This one had some sort of safety mechanism that prevented it from spraying at first. I had decided to check this out to the side first and am glad I did. I could see me bracing myself to spray and then just standing there fiddling with the trigger. That would have made things a bit exciting if the bees had started coming after me again.

They recommend to use sprays like this at a time when the bees are less active, like in the evening. That is great if you don't have a yard to mow, but I found that it worked well even when the bees were a bit agitated. It does help to have as many of them on the nest as possible, and I left the nest up for a while in case any decided to come home later.

I haven't tried this on a hornet's nest. There's one down the road from me but I think I'll just leave that one alone. Readers are welcome to comment if they have experience in spraying hornet's nests.

This product does have a pretty high price tag to me, but I'd rather pay for this than to have more stings.

**My Viewpoint:**

**Hot Shot Wasp & Hornet Killer** is toxic and dangerous to children, so I'd recommend ensuring that you store this in a proper place to avoid injury and would recommend a practice run just to be sure that you have the trigger set and ready. This one is effective and has a powerful stream that worked immediately.