Other Frozen Foods:
Hot Pockets
Hot Pockets Pepperoni PIzza - Crispy Cheesy Crust

Hot Pockets Pepperoni PIzza - Crispy Cheesy Crust

Still on the fence

When I was a kid, I wasn't so interested in health or counting calories and had no idea about fat or saturated fat or any other technicals. When it was came to food, if it was good, it went down the hatch, if I didn't like it, it went down on the floor for my fat dog! Hot pockets fell into the it's good enough to eat category at that time. As an adult, priorities change. Proper nutrition takes on a whole new level of importance. Fast foods are usually - although not always - bad foods. For this reason alone, I only eat them once every 4 to 6 months. However, I do have children who attempt to live by the same childhood rules that I did when I was younger. So, I purchase them every 6 to 8 weeks or so. My daughter's favorite is the crust which is seasoned with herbs and crusty. My favorite has always been the inside. The meat and cheese make them all worthwhile. I love the fact that they don't skimp on the filling. I however don't love the fact that the crust never comes out just right. It always has a hard over cooked spot somewhere in the mix. Another thing that gets me is the calorie content and basic lack of nutritional value - in comparison to the amount of calories and fat. Maybe they should switch to turkey pepperoni. Either way, hot pockets are, for me - more about convenience than anything else.

Hot Pockets - interesting but not all that good.

I thought I'd join the modern world and buy some Hot Pockets. I know the college kids eat these and my boys' buddies do too. So, I got us a couple of...Read complete review

I thought I'd join the modern world and buy some Hot Pockets. I know the college kids eat these and my boys' buddies do too. So, I got us a couple of packs.

Now, I remember why I usually cook our food from scratch.

The Pepperoni Pizza Hot Pockets are not very big and not very tasty.

My boys would need, at least, two of these, and that's how many they pack in a box.

That wasn't even an issue. My boys didn't care much for these. The dog got a treat. She will eat most anything.

The sauce is flavored more like tomato sauce right from a can. It must have some seasoning, since it gave me heartburn (which I only get about every 5 years at most).

There's some cheese in there, but it is so mild that it really does not have any flavor.

I'd guess there may be two chopped up pepperonis per Pocket. It's in there but not plentiful.

The bread was pretty decent. They bill it as a "Crispy Cheesy Crust." It does have cheese in there and is fairly good. Not great. But fine.

So delicious!

Comments about Hot Pockets Pepperoni PIzza - Crispy Cheesy Crust:

Hot pockets are a really good snack to have when you're on the go or just too lazy to cook a real meal. My favorite thing about them is that they're really easy to make either in the microwave or in the over, so it's literally a no-brainer. You can have it ready in 2-10 minutes (depending on how you prepare it) and you'll have a piping hot pocket of deliciousness. Definitely make sure you let it cool before trying to eat it, or else you will definitely burn your mouth, and tongue, and every single thing that you can possibly burn with it.
The pepperoni flavor is wonderful and tastes just like pepperoni pizza, so if you are looking for something with a very similar tastes to pizza but is a lot easier to carry around and eat on the go, then the pepperoni hot pocket is definitely a good option.
I think lean pockets are also a healthier option but if you're just looking for a delicious snack, these are great.

Molten Hot cheese on the outside, rock hard frozen in the middle

Comments about Hot Pockets Pepperoni PIzza - Crispy Cheesy Crust:

What is there to say about Hot Pockets? It is a bread-like substance that has been filled with pepperoni, sauce and pieces of what some people may call cheese. When heated in the microwave the cheese becomes as hot as molten lava. Even if you let them sit for two or three minutes as instructed, it can still lead to the utter melt down of your mouth, chin, throat, etc. The worst is when you take a bite and cheese is sticking to other pieces of pepperoni and it swings down and hits your chin. There are some rare occasions when the inside doesn't heat up evenly, and you end up biting into chunks of semi-frozen cheese globs. That just isn't appetizing at all, but at least you don't need help with 3rd degree burns after.

The kids still seem to think that they are delicious, and they keep asking for them. I found that the newer crust that has garlic herb, or something like that, isn't as good as the original crust. The kids seem to think so too.

Afterschool muchies?

Comments about Hot Pockets Pepperoni PIzza - Crispy Cheesy Crust:

What kid doesn't like to come home to some pizza. This family size hot pocket's box is perfect for the household since there's 4 kids in my house who enjoy eating snacks afterschool. It's a good taste whether you microwave it or put it in the oven. I love it.

They're a hit or miss.

Comments about Hot Pockets Pepperoni PIzza - Crispy Cheesy Crust:

Hot Pockets Pepperoni Pizza Crispy Cheesy Crust is a hit or miss. I generally have a lot of problems with Hot Pockets. For starters, mine never come out hot enough. The outside is on fire and the inside is cold as ice. When there's meat on the inside, such as this one, it's gross when it's cold. I also find the meat to be very tough. Sometimes it comes out alright, but other than that, I have nothing positive to say about these.

Still on the fence

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Hot Pockets Pepperoni PIzza - Crispy Cheesy Crust:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Hot Pockets Pepperoni PIzza - Crispy Cheesy Crust:

Hot Pockets are delicious and easy to prepare. They are the perfect size portion for a lunch or an after school snack. There is plenty of filling in the hot pockets, though it does get extremely hot and needs to cool before consuming it; customers are properly warned of this on the package, though.

My favorite hot pocket!

Comments about Hot Pockets Pepperoni PIzza - Crispy Cheesy Crust:

I love Hot Pockets Pepperoni Pizza-Crispy Cheesy Crust! They are so good! The pizza hot pockets are always my favorite. Just place in the microwave for 2 minutes and you have a great snack or lunch! I love the cheese-it's so gooey and stringy! The pepperoni is tasty and the crust is so good! It has cheese baked into it and is so flaky!

amazing

Comments about Hot Pockets Pepperoni PIzza - Crispy Cheesy Crust:

I love this product! Well priced and good flavor! I love the fact you can pop it in your microwave for a few minutes and its ready, plus it has a cover to where you can take it on the go. My kids love it as well for a quick meal, and the fact its filled with pizza, tops it off.

Best Hot Pockets Ever!

Comments about Hot Pockets Pepperoni PIzza - Crispy Cheesy Crust:

These are the best! I don't care what anyone says! Maybe it's because I'm a bit biased about pepperoni pizza. I love it! It's my favorite kind of pizza! These are so yummy. So so yummy. The cheese melts to perfection when you heat it up. It's amazing as an after school snack.

Tastes good, but you'll sacrifice for the fat and calories

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Hot Pockets Pepperoni PIzza - Crispy Cheesy Crust:

My office is inconveniently located at least 15 minutes away from the nearest restaurant.  I only leave for lunch when a group of us are going out to eat.  Most of the time I bring* *[*Healthy Choice*][1] frozen entrees or [*Deli Creations*][2]  in to heat up in the office microwave.

We have a very large selection in the office snack bar, to include ***Hot Pockets* Pepperoni Pizza**.  It takes 2 minutes to heat up one **pepperoni pizza pocket** or 3 minutes for two pockets.  They're quick and tasty "lunches" when you're on break in between meetings or have another "one of those days."

The drawback is that ***Hot Pockets* Pepperoni Pizzas** aren't good at all for you.  They're high in calories, fat, and cholesterol, a potentially dangerous combination for a workaholic who's probably not making the time for regular exercise.

Don't get me wrong, I like ***Hot Pockets* Pepperoni Pizzas**...*in moderation*.  But after trying (and failing) to encourage my co-workers to exercise with me, we can't afford to indulge in these.

Note:  In 2008 there was a recall of Hot Pockets Pepperoni Pizzas because plastic was in them.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Healthy-Choice-Fire-Roasted-Tomato-Chicken-review-47816
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Oscar-Mayer-Deli-Creations-Turkey-Monterey-review-fbed4