Other Frozen Foods:
Appetizers & Snacks, Frozen Entrees, Low Calorie Entree
Hot Pockets
Hot Pockets Lean Pockets - Deli Style Ham and Cheddar

Hot Pockets Lean Pockets - Deli Style Ham and Cheddar

Now you know my weakness. You happy now? I love Lean Pockets!

***Quick View:*** We all have weaknesses. I have mine. It's **Lean Pockets**. This variety is not really not all that lean and it isn't all that low in calories but I just crave these pockets of accidents waiting to happen!***About Hot Pockets Lean Pockets - Deli Style Ham and Cheddar***

There are several varieties of **Lean Pockets**, leaner versions of Hot Pockets. My favorite is **Deli Style Ham and Cheddar**. Because of the cheese, the fat level is higher than in many other varieties but what can I say? I love these things.

**Lean Pockets** are similar to egg rolls in appearance but are rectangular. There is crust all around and they are stuffed with oozy cheddar cheese and thin sliced deli ham. They come two to a box and microwave up in about two minutes and 30 seconds. Nutrition-wise, these aren't the best choice for a lean snack but they make a passable lunch. Each pocket is a decent size at 4.5 ounces but they also have a rather hefty 270 calories and a not so great 7 grams of fat per pocket. They have a good amount of protein and some vitamins but nothing spectacular to override the calories and fat.

So why do I even eat these? Well, for one, they are a challenge. They never, and I mean NEVER, cook up uniformly. Usually they are boiling hot inside everywhere but one little spot that stays frozen. You never know when you are going to bite into that but it's there, just waiting for you to react. Then there is the inevitable cheese squirt. When you bite into these pockets, the contents push back and often, the cheese squirts out the back, burning your chin, chest, or both. Meanwhile, the melted cheese also burns your mouth. I suppose that's why there is that little frozen area in there. To sooth your mouth burns.

Having said all that, these taste good! They are hot, cheesy, and the ham is very good. Because of the contents, these are fairly high in sodium. I need the extra salt because my blood pressure is low but, if you have high blood pressure or are watching your sodium intake, this variety is probably one of the worst to eat at 560 mg. (23% of the RDA).

Although these seem evil, really a lunch at under 300 calories and 7 grams of fat isn't awful. Add a salad with no fat dressing and a diet soda or water and you have a meal that will fill you up and will not be as evil as pizza or even a ham and cheese sandwich. Remember, typically, one slice of cheese is 9 grams of fat!

I guess some people smoke, some gamble, some drink, and I eat Lean Pockets! But I have it all under control. I will only eat one every week or two. It takes my melted cheese burnt chin that long to heal and my mouth that long to stop burning from the hot contents. These taste good and are fairly filling. They are not the best diet food, especially for those watching sodium content, but they aren't a bad choice now and then. They have much less fat and calories than a typical lunch and only take a couple of minutes to make. And, those who like challenges will LOVE these **Lean Pockets**! They are full of challenges while cooking and eating. Oh, the fun!

***My Viewpoint***

***Hot Pockets Lean Pockets - Deli Style Ham and Cheddar ***taste good and are a different choice for lunch now and then. There are much leaner varieties and I also eat them but I have a weakness for this variety so I allow myself to enjoy one every so often. I am not on a diet and am not trying to lose weight so I can eat these without too much guilt. I would recommend them to those who have a spare 7 grams of fat to eat and who aren't watching their sodium intake. Go for it. See if you can find that hidden frozen nugget and if you can avoid the cheesy squirts. (That sounded worse than it is...). I give these ***4 stars ***based on taste and because they are still much leaner than many conventional foods.

Great for the kids, not my cup of tea!

Let me first say, I actually like hot pockets brand products, most of them. I, however don't enjoy these too much. Hot Pockets Lean Pockets - Deli Style Ham and Cheddar are honestly not quite what I expected. Unlike the other sandwich flavors, for some reason, the ham tastes a little salty and has a more limp texture to it. The cheese gives off a milky after taste. and there seems to be a bit of unextracted water that lingers in the ham. I didn't like how the set up of cheese chunks inter - mingle with the slightly over salted meat. The crust is very similar to all the other hot pockets, no complaints there. The problem for me may very well be that I don't often enjoy warm deli styled, cut lunchmeat at all. Whether it be from the deli, sub shop or in a premade sandwich, I never have so, to be fair, I will say that my perception of the flavor may have something to do with that.

Delicious and flavorful

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about Hot Pockets Lean Pockets - Deli Style Ham and Cheddar:

Hot Pockets are very good if you are on the go and need to eat. It's also good if you want to make a quick meal or snack. The cheese is very delicious and the ham is also. I really like how the out side crust is soft, the inside was very cheesy to me plus the ham was great. I would recommend it.

Very Cheesy

Comments about Hot Pockets Lean Pockets - Deli Style Ham and Cheddar:

I normally love Lean Pockets however I am not a fan of the Deli Style Ham and Cheddar flavor Lean Pocket. The ham did not taste very good. It was very dry and did not have a good flavor. Also there was also a lot of cheese. The cheese tasted like cheese that is on nachos and I did not enjoy it. I really liked the crust of the Lean Pocket. I think the crust is the best part of any Lean Pocket.

Great for a quick bite to eat.

Comments about Hot Pockets Lean Pockets - Deli Style Ham and Cheddar:

I wouldn't say hot pockets lean pockets - Deli style ham and cheddar pockets are pretty good. I personally think they taste pretty similar to a regular hot pocket. I have never tried them side by side but I can't tell the difference. Calories are lower then the regular hot pocket so I think that I will just choose lean pockets for my quick bite to eat when I am on the go.

Yummy!

Comments about Hot Pockets Lean Pockets - Deli Style Ham and Cheddar:

I personally like Lean Pockets better than the original Hot Pockets. The Deli Style Ham and Cheddar has a very authentic taste for being a microwaveable diet food. I am always cautious with frozen meat products, but the ham in this is actually delicious! The cheese doesn't taste fake and the crust on the outside is too die for. Even better, they're cheap and don't have too much fat!

Great for the kids, not my cup of tea!

from Syracuse, New York

Quick and Delicious

Comments about Hot Pockets Lean Pockets - Deli Style Ham and Cheddar:

Looking at the nutrition, they are not particularly "lean," but that doesn't mean they aren't good! They are a fairly large size, so you don't feel hungry after eating one. They are pretty tasty too, and don't come out as chewy as many microwave foods tend to be. This is definitely an easy, good lunch.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Hot Pockets Lean Pockets - Deli Style Ham and Cheddar:

This is a great item to have on hand foryourself, the kids and the husband for a quick mean or a snack. it will fill them up until dinner time. it is somewhat nutritious, and everyone enjoys it and like the taste. It's easy for them to prepare in the microwave; I also appreciate the fact that they can get something warm to eat that isnt fast foods or non nutritious at all when i am not home to cook for them.

Doesn't taste lean!

from Morrisville, PA

Comments about Hot Pockets Lean Pockets - Deli Style Ham and Cheddar:

Ham and cheddar lean pockets help to make me forget about dieting. I have tried the regular variety and the taste is so close to the lean variety.  It's a great product when you are on the go. Pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes and you are munching in no time!  I think it is the closest lean food that there is to indulgent junk food.  It's in a small package, easy to pack in my lunchbox for work.  The outside stays crispy due to the sleeve you place it in for microwaving.  If you are looking for a quick grab item that doesn't taste like cardboard, you have found it.  The ham and cheese are very flavorful and very enjoyable.

Full of taste, I can't believe it came from my freezer!!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Hot Pockets Lean Pockets - Deli Style Ham and Cheddar:

absolutely amazing taste, can't belive it came from my freezer.  Easy and simple to prepare and goes lovely for a late night snack.  I like it because its quick and easy.  I have two boys and trying to get anything done is a chore.  I love these because they don't skimp on what I love the most, the flavor and the CHEESE!!  There is tons of cheese in this and every bite is gooing with hot and flavorful cheese!!  I ham has a wonderful taste and is not being skimped on either.  Each bite has substance and mouth watering appeal.  I would definately recommend to a friend, great to bring on the road or battling those little cowboys and indians in your home.  one word can describe this YUMMY!!

a fast snack

from Geneva, NE

Comments about Hot Pockets Lean Pockets - Deli Style Ham and Cheddar:

I always like to try new things.  Lean pockets would be a great snack or a quick meal while I'm at work.  The only problem I have with them is that I can't seem to get it warm through & through.  Usually the ends are boiling hot & then the center it still frozen (or cold).  I do like them, I just don't mess with them at work