4.1

Hostess - Frosted Devil’s Food Donettes

4.1

Pros

Cons

Great treat for chocolate freaks!

I received a coupon for a free bag of **Hostess - Devil’s Food Donettes** and I was pleasantly surprised with how much my family enjoyed them. We all love chocolate and we all love donuts, and this treat by Hostess gave us just the right amount of both in their mini Devil's Food Donettes.

I can't say I'm surprised that we enjoyed eating these Donettes because we have eaten and enjoyed Hostess' regular chocolate mini donuts several times in the past, but the Devil's Food variety is a little more 'chocolatey'. The size of these Donettes is perfect because we didn't feel guilty for eating one or two to satisfy our cravings for a good chocolate treat.

Here is Hostess' description of this product:

*Say hello to the newest member of the Hostess family. Made with moist devil’s-food cake covered in a delicious chocolaty coating, Frosted Devil’s Food Donettes make for a bite-size serving of decadent delight. On the go or on your own time. Tempted? Now’s the time to try.*

I can't say that **Hostess - Devil’s Food Donettes** are my family's favorite chocolate snack because they are a tad dry and they don't taste like freshly baked Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts, but they do rank very high at the top of our list of favorites when it comes to bags of mini donuts found in grocery stores. They satisfied my family member's chocolate cravings very well, and they do taste really good.

I will definitely buy **Hostess - Devil’s Food Donettes** in the future, and I recommend them for people who enjoy eating chocolate donuts.

Flavor is not great, but it is portable

If you are a fan of hostess donuts dipped in chocolate, then you would probably still like these. I found them to taste too much like lard and they coated my mouth with that lard type of film you sometimes get from certain types of pre-packaged food. I do like the powdered donuts more, so I think the lard taste comes from the chocolate they are using. I wasn't a fan of these donuts; however, my husband and four year old daughter did both like them, and they were easy to grab and take with us places. They got eaten up fairly quickly. They were also very visible on an end cap in the store when I went shopping. If my family requested them, I might buy them again... But I would not buy them for myself.

These are so darn good but why oh why are they sooo hard to

from Roanoke VA

Pros

• Addictive
  • Balanced Sweetness
  • Delicious
  • Light
  • Rich
  • Smooth

Cons

• Too Hard To Find

• Dessert
  • Snacking

Comments about Hostess - Frosted Devil’s Food Donettes:

Why are they so hard to find?

Not The Best

Comments about Hostess - Frosted Devil’s Food Donettes:

If you like sweets and donuts you may consider these a good snack, but they have some pros and cons. First off they are a great on-the-go snack for kids, and would be good to put in a lunch box occasionally. I would not recommend these for a breakfast, as they are just not filling. My personal opinion on these are that the inside chocolate donut is pretty good, but it's the outside chocolate shell that ruins these. I don't know what this shell is made from, but when you bite into it there is a greasiness to it and leaves a strange taste in your mouth, like a waxy film. It really makes the whole donut sort of nasty. They have always tasted this way, so I know it's not just a certain batch. These are ok for a snack, but I am not a fan.

Small chocolate doughnuts sold by Hostess.

Comments about Hostess - Frosted Devil’s Food Donettes:

Hostess Frosted Devil's Food doughnuts are so yummy. They are small devil's food cake chocolate doughnuts that are then covered in a chocolate glaze. The chocolate on the outside forms a delicious shell. You can buy these doughnuts either in a bag for sharing, or a small package for a one serving size. Hostess chocolate doughnuts are just as good as a coffee shop doughnut; however they are much cheaper.

Hostess frosted donettes

from Georgia

Comments about Hostess - Frosted Devil’s Food Donettes:

I was walking through the grocery store last saturday when I saw a bag of hostess frosted chocolate donettes. The price was very affordable and low so I decided to buy them and give them a try. They definitely filled me up as pretty much anything with chocolate does. The chocolate was so delicious as well as the thick chocolate coating. Because this product was so delicious, I invited friends over for the super bowl and had it as a snack. People kept asking me for more and thought that I had baked them myself. Lol. Of course I let them know that everything they were eating was courtesy of hostess's snacks. They couldn't believe they were store bought. I even microwaved them and the chocolate melted a bit but it was still super delicious. I would highly recommend this snack to people who are looking for a great snack or looking forward to satisfying their chocolate craving. Thanks Hostess snacks, you really are the best!

Hostess Donettes - Hard to swallow!

Comments about Hostess - Frosted Devil’s Food Donettes:

Now I love all things sweet; chocolate, doughnuts, pies and deserts but I have to say I was a little disappointed with the Hostess Donettes. I found them to be really quite dry - to the point of being difficult to swallow. The chocolate version left a sweet film in my mouth for ages so my guess is this is the Dentist's least recommended treat. The white powdery doughnuts didn't leave the same film in my mouth but were equally difficult to swallow. I needed a glass of milk to wash them down! If there was a plus side, which there is, my youngest son loved them as did my husband. I like the fact that these are smaller on the gounds that I can pop one in my son's school packed lunch and I don't feel too bad about it. Also the manufacturer does place coupons in the Sunday papers every now and then and on those occasions, I will buy them for my son. For me however, I'd rather stick to the home made, and considerably fresher store bought varieties or internationally recognised versions such as Dunkin Doughnuts.

Devil's food is right...

Comments about Hostess - Frosted Devil’s Food Donettes:

This product is one that should be used as a rare treat. They are a bit expensive and definitely not very healthy, but they are oooh so delicious. You will want to eat the whole bag. If you enjoy light, delicious cake products, give this a shot and enjoy!

Soooo yummy

Comments about Hostess - Frosted Devil’s Food Donettes:

Donuts like these are one of the few things I really miss since going gluten free. There's really no substitute that quite scratches this "itch." Hostess chocolate mini donuts are a perfect blend of chocolate, and sweet cakey bread. The chocolate is creamy and melts in your mouth (or in your hand if you're not careful). The texture is perfect and oh so good.

Don't like it very much.

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Hostess - Frosted Devil’s Food Donettes:

I don't like these donuts very much at all. The inside of the donut is relatively pleasant tasting. The chocolate coating on the donut however, is not. The texture is strange and difficult to explain fully. I would say it tastes lke chocolate but has a waxy after taste and after effect. It feels like there is a way coating on your tongue, a strange film or something like that. I don't like them.

Great size for the entire family

Comments about Hostess - Frosted Devil’s Food Donettes:

The is a great choice of donuts for the entire family to eat. The Hostess - Frosted Devil’s Food Donettes taste great and will be gone before you know it. The kids really love them as do I. Try these Donettes with a glass of milk and that is very very good. A very awesome snack.

Can't get enough.

Comments about Hostess - Frosted Devil’s Food Donettes:

This really is the devil's food. I have a weakness for any Hostess products, but when I got a hold on these Frosted Devil's Food Donettes it was over with. These Donettes will satisfy any chocolate craving a person might have. They're so delicious and chocolaty. I honestly cannot get enough of this wonderful snack.