3.3
Hostess
Hostess - 100 Calorie Cupcakes

Hostess - 100 Calorie Cupcakes

3.3

Great tasting snack to cure your sweet tooth.

Who knew you could feel good about eating cupcakes while on a diet? Apparently Hostess did when they created a new line of 100 calorie snacks.

**Small Cupcake, Big...Read complete review

**Small Cupcake, Big Taste**

I think the 100 calorie version of the Hostess cupcakes taste even better than the original version with twice the calories and fat. They come in vanilla, carrot cake or chocolate. They have a smooth layer of frosting and a light cream filling.

**100 Calorie Snacks**

Most diet programs recommend 2-3 100 calorie snacks throughout the day. While we all know we should be munching on carrots and apples to fulfill this requirement, it's not always possible and sometimes we all have the need for a little treat. Why not treat yourself to a satisfying chocolate snack that will keep you within your calorie range? Hostess makes it easy to take their 100 calorie cupcake on the go to satisfy your sweet tooth at a moment's notice.

**Cupcake Overload**

The only problem I see with this lighter version of cupcakes is that they are so good that people may be tempted to eat more than one serving. While the occasional treat isn't enough to sabotage your weight loss program, eating an entire box of goodies sure will. Make sure you remove a single portion of cupcake from the box and return the rest. Keeping them in the freezer and only thawing one serving at a time is another option to make sure you don't go overboard with cupcakes.

VERY DRY...DON'T BUY!!!!!!!

I really wanted to like these. I'm on Weight Watchers and these are only 1 point per 3 mini-cupcake serving but ...yuck, why bother?! They're too dry to enjoy and really don't taste that great. If you want a much better alternative try BlueBird's 100 calorie Mini Chocolate Cupcakes instead. They're incredibly moist, tasty and CHEAPER!!!!

Weighing options

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Hostess - 100 Calorie Cupcakes:

For starters, I will say that me and Hostess 100 Calorie Cupcake varieties and me have the love / hate relationship. Out of the 6 flavor varieties currently available, I have had the honor of trying 4 of them. The ones I have tried thus far are: The coffee cake, the strawberry cupcakes, the chocolate cupcakes and the carrot cake cupcakes. Of all of these, the carrot cake cupcakes are my personal favorites. The carrot cakes are delicious. The frosting tastes like it's cream cheese frosting. The chocolate cupcakes are decadent with an extra sweet cream center. The strawberry cupcakes are tasty but for some reason they taste a little bit sweeter to me than the other varieties. Most of all, I love the fact that they are 100 calorie packs. Every once in a while, it feels good to be able to enjoy a cupcake or, three! The only thing I don't like about them is that they are not sugar free or diet products. Sometimes the 100 calorie pack type of products fool people. It is important to remember that these are simply a smaller portion controlled packaging of the original, fattening and sweet yet tasty treat. I have to be extra careful when I eat them because they have the potential to cause rebound hunger. Don't get me wrong, they are amazingly, finger licking good. But, for people like me, excess sugar can be a bad thing. Especially when it causes rebound hunger. I would recommend that you eat these after a healthy meal or sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on them for a little bit of help with managing the sugar spikes this product has the potential to cause.

Alright for what they are.

Comments about Hostess - 100 Calorie Cupcakes:

I am a huge fan of Hostess Cupcakes. When I want to cut down on my calories, I turn to these. They're alright for what they are. You can't get 100 calorie cupcakes that taste authentic. These are great to curb chocolate cravings. They taste very much like the original without the icing on top. The cake can be a little dry, though. The filling isn't as rich as the original, but what can you expect. I recommend these if you are craving chocolate but don't want to eat the calories!

Be careful

Comments about Hostess - 100 Calorie Cupcakes:

Be very careful with these as well. They are just very small cupcakes. It's so easy to grab three to four packs of these and be like "it's okay, they're only one hundred calories". Be careful. They still taste good. But when once you pop them in your mouth, they're gone. Just like that.

soft chocolate cake with light creme and delicious icing...yum!

from Vero Beach, FL

Comments about Hostess - 100 Calorie Cupcakes:

I absoulutely cannot believe these are only 100 calories! i love them!! My kids love them too, and I have to hide them if I want some for myself! I like to have them either with a cold glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee.

Great snack for a diabetic

from Magnolia, IL

Comments about Hostess - 100 Calorie Cupcakes:

These 100 calorie cupcakes have a great taste and are low in enough in carbs for most diabetics to eat. I am a borderline diabetic and when I crave a sweet, I grab a pack of these to eat. I found they do not raise my blood sugar over my limit. They are not messy and they satisfy the sweet craving.

Just right for your snack attack!

from Alliance, NC

Comments about Hostess - 100 Calorie Cupcakes:

When I fist saw the Hostess 100 calorie cakes, my first thought was that they were too good to be true. I bought a box to take to work, and was pleasantly surprised at the tast of them! They were light, not dry, and very tasty. Yes,they were a bit small, but they made me feel satisfied. Eaten slowly and savored, they provide a nice sweet treat without tons of calories. I would reccommend them to anyone!

Sounds great 100 Calories, but what doesn't sound great is LARD

from Valencia, CA

Comments about Hostess - 100 Calorie Cupcakes:

Unfortunately the saying, "Too good to be true" applies to this product.The idea of a 100 calorie pastry snack fills my eyes with stars* But let's get real, it needsto be healthy calories. If I want a healthier version of a chocolate cupcake, I'm going to makeit myself. Sure it takes time and effort, by my health is worth it.If you like lard, hydrogenated oils and countless preservative you can't pronounce in your food, knock yourself out and go for it. Read the box and see how many ingredients are in this product, I mean what happen to a handful of natural ingredients. I'm sorry but I chose to not be lazy and make my own pastries.Food for thought; 2 bites, 2 seconds, artery clogging ingredients and 100 calories. Nuff said.

Cute Cupcakes

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Hostess - 100 Calorie Cupcakes:

For those of you that love the great taste of hostess cakes but are watching calories, this is the right size snack for you. I love the convenient trio pack and the flavor variety. The only cons I had on this was that the cupcakes are really small! I didn't feel the guilt of this calorie snack, but it is a little bit of a teaser because you don't get much cake for the calories. However, the product does taste like other yummy hostess cakes so you won't be disappointed in the flavor.

Satisfies a Craving for Junk Food @ Reasonable Calories...

from Pompano Beach, FL

Comments about Hostess - 100 Calorie Cupcakes:

...if you only eat one package.  Hard to not want to rip open the entire box.  THey taste good for what they are and can satisfy a craving reasonably if then hide them away and walk away.  Nice filling and icing on top.  Just enough with not being too overwhelming.  If you love these normal sized hostess cakes then these will fill that urge.

Just beware to stop and then hide!  Dont look at the ingredients and know that it is not a healthfood or replacement for other healthy foods.  It's a once in a while fill a craving need that you must have now type of product.  Dont be foiled by sales, bogo, coupons, etc.  If you have a craving and its on sale - great; but dont just buy to buy b/c could lead to trouble.

They call them mini cupcakes, but they are more like micro-mini!

from Conway, AR

Comments about Hostess - 100 Calorie Cupcakes:

These 100 calorie cupcakes were a real disappointment!  When it said you could eat 3 cupcakes and only consume 100 calories, it sounded too good to be true, and it WAS!  Each "cupcake" was only about the size of 3 nickels stacked on each other! They tasted all right, but were not satisfying in the least! I've eaten rice cakes that were more filling!  If you're expecting a full-sized treat, you WILL be disappointed!  They call them "mini" cupcakes, but they are more like micro-mini!