2.7
Hormel
Hormel Dinty Moore Beef Stew

Hormel Dinty Moore Beef Stew

2.7

Dinty Moore Beef Stew is number one!

Comments about Hormel Dinty Moore Beef Stew:

As a gigantic beef stew lover, especially from a can, I've gotten to try a few different brands over the years to find my favorite. Dinty Moore, with its thick and creamy beef gravy with just the right amount of salt and giant chunks of potato, carrot, and tender roast all cooked together to perfection, is by far my top choice. Whether it warms me up on a winter day or just fills me up in the summer, I eat a big steaming bowl of it with a tuna fish sandwich and grapes and it's a stew that's seriously hard to beat. I think the closest I've come to matching it is when I try from scratch in the Crock Pot, but I just can't pass up Dinty Moore when I get a coupon in the weekend paper for the giant can!

Dinty Moore is moving in the wrong driection

from West Jordan, UT

Comments about Hormel Dinty Moore Beef Stew:

When I was young Dinty Moore Beef Stew was delicous and filling. The taste is somewhat the same, but the food ingredients have become disappointing.

I noticed that over time the stew has become more soupy. Less actual meat and vegetables and more sauce. I suppose that's to be expected.

This weekend I purchased a can for my family to enjoy for lunch. I was suprised to see the meat chunks have been replaced with smaller pieces and I suspect they were more ground beef pieces vs. actual chunks of beef that were the same size as the vegetables. Also, many of the carrots appeared to be julienned instead of sliced.

This leaves me to wonder...is Dinty Moore now lowering the quality of ingredients to keep the cost/profit margin up?

Dinty Moore is so salty it will make you sick.

from Suffolk, VA

Comments about Hormel Dinty Moore Beef Stew:

It is because of foods like Dinty Moore Beef Stew that I always make sure to read the nutritional label before buying it. Why? Becasue one serving of Dinty Moore Beef Stew contains 41% of the sodium you need for an entire day and with two servings in each can that means if you eat the whole can you got 82% of your daily reccomended sodium intake already. Dinty Moore Beef Stew tasted so horrible salty to me that it made me throw up. I will never eat anything without knowing the nutritional info on it. If you have high blood pressure I would think eating this stuff would kill you. I know salt is a cheap perservative but this stuff is in a vaccum sealed can no perservatives are necessary. I really wish you could get canned food with no added salt. There are some out there but they are hard to fine and strangely more expensive. Does it really cost more to not add salt? I guess I have to stick to homemade if I want beef stew and least I know it will not full of salt that way. Unless you can stomach very salty foods, I would sugest staying far, far, far away from Dinty Moore Beef Stew.