Other Canned Goods:

Hormel Dinty Moore Beef Stew

Pros

Cons

Dinty Moore Beef Stew is Permanently on my Shopping List

I have been buying Dinty Moore Beef Stew for years. I am single and a terrible cook so it hits the spot when I crave a hot, home-made tasting meal and don't want to deal with cooking it myself. I know I could not duplicate the flavor and smooth texture of the gravy. There is plenty of meat and it's always tender. The potatoes are always perfect too..well done without being mushy. There is plenty of stew in the 20 oz can I've always bought. It makes two meals for me. I received a sample package which included the 15 oz Dinty Moore Beef Stew. It tasted just as delicious as the bigger version. After consuming two thirds of the sample I was full. Then I got hit with the "just-one-more-spoonful" bug and before I knew it my bowl was empty. It really was more than I usually eat at one meal but probably the perfect amount for others. It appears I am a 10 oz-a-meal Dinty Moore Beef Stew kind of woman. I have not seen the 15 oz can in the store. Perhaps it's always been there but I just reach for the 20 oz one. The price for that one has remained affordable on my fixed income. I'm sure the 15 oz would cost less.

Dinty Moore is so salty it will make you sick.

It is because of foods like Dinty Moore Beef Stew that I always make sure to read the nutritional label before buying it. Why? Becasue one serving of Dinty Moore Beef Stew contains 41% of the sodium you need for an entire day and with two servings in each can that means if you eat the whole can you got 82% of your daily reccomended sodium intake already. Dinty Moore Beef Stew tasted so horrible salty to me that it made me throw up. I will never eat anything without knowing the nutritional info on it. If you have high blood pressure I would think eating this stuff would kill you. I know salt is a cheap perservative but this stuff is in a vaccum sealed can no perservatives are necessary. I really wish you could get canned food with no added salt. There are some out there but they are hard to fine and strangely more expensive. Does it really cost more to not add salt? I guess I have to stick to homemade if I want beef stew and least I know it will not full of salt that way. Unless you can stomach very salty foods, I would sugest staying far, far, far away from Dinty Moore Beef Stew.

I liked it

from Austin, Texas

Comments about Hormel Dinty Moore Beef Stew:

I received a sample last week and I thought it would be a great idea for my kids to try it. They both loved it told me they would eat it again. I enjoyed it myself but they ate the pot. Dad life. Great Product!

Great homestyle taste

from Santa Nella, CA

Comments about Hormel Dinty Moore Beef Stew:

After receiving a sample, I was anxious to try Dinty Moore Beef Stew. I had heard about it before and never had it. I have been missing out for years. The stew was full of flavor and reminded me of the stews I ate when I was a child. Great flavor, plenty of meat, very filling.

Chicken Dumplings and Beef Stew

from Severna Park, MD

Comments about Hormel Dinty Moore Beef Stew:

Received full sized cans of Chicken Dumplings and Beef Stew. Each can served my husband and I for 2 dinners. Both were very flavorful but I found the ratio of gravy to meat and vegetables need to be improved. I added peas, corn and string beans to to make it more of a one pot meal and to make use of the gravy in each can.

The benchmark of beef stews

from Waterville VT

Comments about Hormel Dinty Moore Beef Stew:

A few weeks ago I received a can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew and a can of Chicken and Dumplings. The Chicken and Dumplings was the chickeniest tasting stuff that was ever in a can. The beef stew? Well let me tell you. Today I made a homemade stew in the crock pot. My 36 year old son loved it. " That is some GOOD beef stew. It's no Dinty Moore, but it sure was good for homemade." LOL I think I have to up my game.

Hearty and delicious as a quick treat

from Pinole, CA

Comments about Hormel Dinty Moore Beef Stew:

I have tried this beef stew. It had a unique flavor that I sometimes crave. It's comfort food in a can. I wish they would add some more veggies and cut out some of the salt. Overall it is a good treat.

great product I`ll be getting more

from Utica NY

Comments about Hormel Dinty Moore Beef Stew:

I had this Dinty Moore beef stew for dinner ,it was awesome. I liked the taste and the texture.I will be getting this for many more dinners.

Were you expecting gourmet?

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Hormel Dinty Moore Beef Stew:

This wasn't like mom made but for a quick meal it wasn't bad. There were pieces of beef with no gristle or fat. I did miss that there wasn't any celery in the mix and there were too many potatoes.
I felt it needed some salt and pepper and noted that several reviewers complained of too much salt but I'm one of the 94% of people to whom salt isn't anathema so I added some.
Overall, a decent quick meal. I wouldn't eat it without some bread for dipping, however.

A Winner from Hormel

from Tucson AZ

Comments about Hormel Dinty Moore Beef Stew:

I received a sample of Hormel Dinty Moore Beef stew, and it was as good as it has always been. Creamy flavorful sauce, lots of potatoes and carrots, and tender beef. It was just the right size for a meal with some bread to sop up the liquid. It did seem saltier than it used to be, but that might have been the particular batch. I have been eating this stew for years, and would recommend it to anyone as a good, filling meal for a family or one person.

I may buy it again

from Gainsboro, TN

Comments about Hormel Dinty Moore Beef Stew:

I liked the amount of beef, carrots and potatoes. The can itself was very easy to open (pull top). I didn't care for the saltiness. If Dinty Moore came out with a low sodium stew I would buy it.

This product is now on my shopping list

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Hormel Dinty Moore Beef Stew:

When I received my free can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew, my 10 year old son and I were thinking about what we were going to have for dinner. I had no Idea that one can would be enough for two people. It really wasn't, because after we finished we wanted more. It was a great meal. It was so good with lots of meat and potatoes. I cant say anything negative about it at all. We loved it and plan on making sure we have it in the cabinet from now on.